Who is the forum Moderator these days?

Hi,
Have not been around for a while and wondering who is the forum moderator or moderators these days?
Had a post removed yesterday without any explanation (no message in my inbox).
Wondering what might have been the issue with it so that whatever I did wrong won't happen again... seems like not telling the member the reason is just asking for it to happen again.
Thanks!

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    You didn't read the rules for selling here. Basically, you can't sell anything for a friend and linking your for sale ad on another site is not how it's done here.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Gempler
    Gempler Posts: 307
    Let me try that again...
    Who's the moderator here these days?
    Thanks!
  • F1nut
    I just told you exactly why your thread was removed.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    @KennethSwauger is, it wasn't necessary to be rude about it though.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Gempler
    edited March 2017
    Thanks Nightfall!
    I missed your answer on the first read.
    Best,
  • F1nut
    Let me spell it out for you. READ THE RULES.

President of Club Polk

• warren
    warren Posts: 756
    Yeah read the rules, nuts says so..
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Hello,
    You're correct I should have sent you a PM explaining why your posting was removed. I apologize. Usually by the time I am made aware of the problem a few other posts have been made, by other members, and I don't want to seem like I'm piling on.
    As informal as it is the flea market, on CP, runs remarkably smoothly (knock on wood) and the main reason is the integrity of the people involved; both sellers and buyers. Another reason for this a pretty strict adherence to the guidelines that have evolved over the years. If something is going to be offered for sale that person needs to assume the responsibility for being accurate with the description and following through with any non-expected problems. The person who is buying the item needs to know who he/she is dealing with and with a third party involved that is highly unlikely.
    I hope this is helpful information.
    Regards, Ken
  • Gempler
    edited March 2017
    Thanks Kenneth. I did not see any of the responses as the entire thread was removed when I returned to check on it. That is probably a good thing given the lack of manners and hostility that is shown by the small group of regulars that have behaved this same way for years. A simple private message as to why the message was deleted would probably save time so that the poster does not repeate the offense that caused the removal. Having been asked to read the rules it is clear that there is no rule about limiting one from including a link to an external listing, but there are people here that feel it is not allowed. Perhaps the rules should be updated to include language about weather or not it is ok to include an external link to to make it clear to the obsessed regulars who jump down the throats of people for what they believe is a policy despite it not actually being stated as one in the rules.
    Thanks!
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    Speaking as someone who violated the rules early on, I can tell you that the enforcement is consistent and firm. I still regret how I behaved when I was called out on my violation.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Legender
    Legender Posts: 478
    No one, well generally no one, likes to be wrong.
    I find it best to follow the simple rule to praise in public and reprimand in private.

We all have our imperfections and warts, but still accepted here.
    Music: Oppo103 - Parasound JC2 - Parasound A21- SDA 3.1
    Theater: Denon 3808 - B&K 7500/Emotiva XPA-3- RTi12, CSi5, RTiA7x4, PSW505
    Sleeping: Marantz 70005 - Harman Kardon 2400 - SDA 2
    2 Channel: Cary 306 SACD - Canary Audio 906 - Pass Labs x250 - PS Audio Perfectwave DAC, Polk LSiM705, SVS SB13 Ultra
    Office: Dell Optiplex, Emotiva XDA-2, Adcom 5500, LSiM 703
    Spares: Yamaha CA-810; LSi 15; Kenwood Basic M2a, Yamaha M60/M80, Polk Monitor 7, SVS SB13 Ultra
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Legender wrote: »

Hey now speak for yourself, I'm an o:), and I don't got no warts

>:)B)

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited March 2017
    ^^Not even genital?
    ;)
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Nightfall
    You guys are just jealous of Ron's coolness factor. Jealousy is a disease.

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Ron is one of the finest people I know, period.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    DSkip wrote: »
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Why else would a man wear a visor?

To keep the sun out of his drunken eyes ?
    To keep bird sheet off his face
    To keep girls from kissing him
    Because pro golfers wear them
    Because it matches his socks
    Because it has a built in G-string
    Audio is directed towards his ears, not over his head
    He doesn't like glare when shooting spiders out at the ranch

I can think of many reasons, none are probably correct though. :)

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Gempler
    I totally agree with the approach of a simple private message as a means to tell a user they did something to violate some rule, but obviously that did not happen by the moderator but more importantly by several members whose posts I fortunate did not get the pleasure of reading. And in the unfortunate stalker like mentality one followed me to this thread to dump more on in his typical chosen unpleasant tone... all while not answering my question of getting my point about removing post without telling the use why. I certainly don't expect that the behavior will change as it has been shown to prevail on here for years and is obviously tolerated. But it is unfortunate. And the saddest part is getting pm from others who feel the same way but have been subject to this same sort of rudeness that they do not speak publically about it. Who would think that Polk would condone bullying on their own forum, let users pretend to dictate policies that are not policies, but allowing it is in fact condoning it.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,475
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

with a face like that I believe you o:)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    It's not like someone said your speakers are POS and your prices are out of line
    and your reading comprehention stinks and you are acting like a wispy bearded
    snowflake or something like that...
    but I agree w/ you that some people like to play forum cops.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited March 2017
    NO, The saddest part is you don't get it. This place is not your personal drive by flea market.

Your last bits of history speak for itself
    http://forum.polkaudio.com/profile/discussions/64641/Gempler

And let me guess that K_M is one of those that PM'd you
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • F1nut
    The only bullying going on here is by you, gempler. Same tactics you've always used when you didn't get your way. Call it the prima donna syndrome.

President of Club Polk

• Gempler
    edited March 2017
    There you go again.
    If I am so wrong then why were your post removed?
    For such an experience member one would think you would have more developed skills on how to treat others with basic manners and respect while still being able to express whatever your point may be.
    Wish you would take a look at your behavior and consider an approach that is less arrogant and more welcoming to encourage members rather than discourage them but they say you can't teach and old dog new tricks.
  • F1nut
    My posts are still in this thread. No sir, it is you that needs to reflect on your behavior and stop playing the victim since you created the issue to start with.

President of Club Polk

• Gempler
    Fnut, your posts were deleted in the other thread where you touted fake rules. Please don't act like you are unaware of that.
  • F1nut
    You calling something a fake rule is funny since after being a member for 12 years didn't know the rules.

President of Club Polk

• Gempler
    edited March 2017
    And you have been here even longer and feel so comfortable that you state rules that only exit in your mind as if they are actaul forum rules when in fact they are not. That is pretty disturbing. Almost as disturbing as your intital rude reply in this thread that did not answer the question that was asked. Obviously we disagree, and obviously you think it is ok to be rude to people for no reason at all. That is a perfect example of what I am talking about. A few bad apples ruining the barrel.
  • Nightfall
    edited March 2017
    I'm not an OG member and I get on just fine with the people on this forum. I don't listen to the same music as anyone here, I have different political views than a lot of them, I don't agree sometimes, yet I still have no problems. Weird.

• F1nut
    It's because I've been here as a productive contributing member that I know posting links to ads posted elsewhere isn't how it's done here. I don't believe I ever said it was against the rules. That is how you took it, which again is on you.

My answer addressed your concerns. You chose to make a Federal case out of it, again on you.

Time to stop pointing a finger at me and take responsibility for your behavior.

President of Club Polk

This discussion has been closed.