Not sure what to say but life can be cruel..

Options

Comments

• scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    Beautiful Family Larry, and the smiles speak volumes! Keep up the positive attitudes and keep smiling. Prayers and well wishes for Courtney and the entire family.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    Options
    I'm sorry I have not posted, it's only because I have no idea what to say. I have two kids and can't even begin to imaging what you and your family are going through. Rest assured that you are all in my thoughts and of course I only wish a very positive outcome for all of you.

Somebody should try to reach out to the Biebs. You never know with him. I would have except I don't have twitter or Facebook or I would have. We don't know unless we try.

• BlueBirdMusic
    Options
    Larry said, "I love my girls... ".

My prayers will be with you and your girls..
    Harry Jones
    Marietta GA
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • ptrooper
    ptrooper Posts: 501
    Options
    Sorry to hear Mate ,My thoughts and prayers are with you and your Family.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,093
    Options
    Any updates you can share.... continued prayers and thoughts sent your way.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,895
    Options
    I actually do have an update, she is finally on the donor list as of today, not sure why it had to take so long, test after test...

She is in a very unique situation with her blood type, and size where she has a larger pool to get a heart than most, they told us to be ready, we will have a 4 hour window to get her to the hospital when they call, won't be a problem as it only takes about 40 minutes to get there in rush hour traffic..

The surgery will last about 8-9 hours, so now the waiting game, and anxiety is high..

I'm just going to stay busy, keep a bag at work with a change of clothes, and a pillow just in case...
  • honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    Options
    Prayers go out to you and yours Larry.
    Here's hoping (*and praying*)all goes well for her o:)
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,322
    Options
    I can't imagine what you are going through... we spent 3 months In The NICU with our first - he was born at 27 weeks, 1lb 6oz. He's now 17, and 6'3" 200lbs. That 3 months in the NICU, basically given a 50/50 chance, was heart wrenching. i truly hope things work out quickly for you and your family, and you can get past this and get back on with life.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Toolfan66
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    I actually do have an update, she is finally on the donor list as of today, not sure why it had to take so long, test after test...

She is in a very unique situation with her blood type, and size where she has a larger pool to get a heart than most, they told us to be ready, we will have a 4 hour window to get her to the hospital when they call, won't be a problem as it only takes about 40 minutes to get there in rush hour traffic..

The surgery will last about 8-9 hours, so now the waiting game, and anxiety is high..

I'm just going to stay busy, keep a bag at work with a change of clothes, and a pillow just in case...

Just keep your wits about you man, as far as that bag of clothes etc. leave it in your vehicle lest you forget it at the office...just sayin is all.

A good friend of mine, and I commute, one week he drives, the next week I drive, keeps the wear n tear down on the vehicles as well as saves gas, and it's 60 miles round trip, we live about half a mile from each other..
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    Larry if there is ANYTHING we can do... please let us know.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    Options
    Larry,

Prayers and best wishes for you and your family.

As others have said, it's hard to know what you are experiencing if we haven't been there ourselves. But we know it is hard, and our thoughts and feelings are with you.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    Options
    One step at a time. She's on the list...check! next step waiting for the donor. That is certainly encouraging news, at least from my perspective.
  • DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    Options

Praying for your family...

My daughter happens to be a nurse in a cardiac surgery unit in the Houston med center. I hear of the miracles that they take part in every day.

May God bless your family, your medical team, and your daughter.
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    DollarDave wrote: »

Praying for your family...

My daughter happens to be a nurse in a cardiac surgery unit in the Houston med center. I hear of the miracles that they take part in every day.

May God bless your family, your medical team, and your daughter.

Thanks Dave, I had to share your post with the wife...

• Toolfan66
    Options
    Thanks guys for the encouraging words, it means a lot to all of us over here...
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,047
    Options
    Peace & Comfort brother.
    Goddess protect her.
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    So the wife took Courtney in for a check up, and they didn't like what they saw, rushed her in for a cath, and going to keep her till Friday as of now. I really wish something would happen for her...
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    We are still waiting to hear from the doctor on the cath..

She is not happy this is happening during spring break...
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    We're all here for you and your family, Larry.
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    Wow, so sorry. Hang in there things will get better.

Continued prayers.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    We are still waiting to hear from the doctor on the cath..

She is not happy this is happening during spring break...

Larry,
    Is there anything special we can do for a little cheer up and maybe a smile?

Prayers bro
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    Options
    Once again prayers going out to your family.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    Prayers best wishes for your Family.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    Thanks guys, we are just sitting here, I would rather be in rush hour traffic in LA or Texas..
  • honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    Options
    Larry
    Just keep going..............................................................sometimes that is all you got. There is a light at the end of this L O N G tunnel. It's a bit dim, but I promise it's there. o:)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,093
    Options
    Thanks guys, we are just sitting here, I would rather be in rush hour traffic in LA or Texas..

LA traffic..... That is something I would only wish on Lightman.

Keep your spirits up as I know things will be better for everyone soon. Maybe throw a spring break for her in the back yard and invite the whole family and even the neighbors.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,028
    Options
    oh, man -- I feel for you.
    as for me and my house, we will pray for you, your daughter & your family.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,053
    Options
    Hang in there brother. My heart and prayers go out to you.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    ljw9qhfabdty.jpg

Courtney is in pretty good spirits the last couple days considering being in the hospital waiting and waiting..
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,555
    Options
    Glad to hear Larry. Good spirits go a long way in these situations.