Sorry not sorry, looking for nice integrated $600

codycatalist
codycatalist Posts: 2,662
edited February 2017 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
Hey all!

I am finally getting my work bonus tomorrow, looking to get a nice integrated amplifier to go with my SDA2bs. I cannot afford more than $600 total (Can add shipping depending on amount), preferably 175-200 watts rms into 8 ohms with some decent current ratings. Remote control a plus but not needed.

Live in Arizona so can local pick up there as well.

Prefer Parasound or anything with a warmer laid back sound...Marantz is nice too =D

Thanks ahead of time guys and gals.
Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
" I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
"Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
"Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
"Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member

Comments

• DSkip wrote: »
    That's a hard wattage to meet for $600, even used. Not to be a pessimist but good luck. :)

I think shooting for 100 WPC, if you really feel you need power, is more realistic. Going with a used pre and amp might yield you more options in that price range.

Thanks for the advice bud, I'm searching else where as well but figured I'd throw out some figures and see what happens! Youre a dealer get me some dealer prices skip! Hahaha

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
  • Here is a common ground, class a/ab receiver at 100 wpc that might fit your needs

https://www.outlawaudio.com/products/rr2150.html

It is within your budget so might be worth a look. If nothing else Outlaw has a 30 return policy.
  • Thanks for the link @littlewoodboats. Taking a look now, what kind of sound profile do they have? Never heard their stuff before.

• Legender
    Legender Posts: 478
    That's high watts for an integrated... Maybe 120 or so from a used Denon 3806 that has preouts for hooking up a high power amplifier later....
    If you can go used... I'd get an older Denon/Marantz integrated that supports preouts for $200 or less, then spend $400 on a used Adcom/Harman Kardon that has common ground for driving the 2Bs. May not have the $$s for a parasound with that much power.

That's what worked for me, but went even cheaper on the Denon 1906 receiver with remote, hooked up to the SDA 2Bs through the Harmon Kardon.

Starting with this: Denon 2807
    https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/ele/5988179109.html

Paired with this might work: ADCOM GFA555
    https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/ele/5963992573.html (older post)

Not sure if that Adcom will work with SDA's though... someone correct me if I'm off base here.

Just some ideas.... happy hunting.
    Music: Oppo103 - Parasound JC2 - Parasound A21- SDA 3.1
    Theater: Denon 3808 - B&K 7500/Emotiva XPA-3- RTi12, CSi5, RTiA7x4, PSW505
    Sleeping: Marantz 70005 - Harman Kardon 2400 - SDA 2
    2 Channel: Cary 306 SACD - Canary Audio 906 - Pass Labs x250 - PS Audio Perfectwave DAC, Polk LSiM705, SVS SB13 Ultra
    Office: Dell Optiplex, Emotiva XDA-2, Adcom 5500, LSiM 703
    Spares: Yamaha CA-810; LSi 15; Kenwood Basic M2a, Yamaha M60/M80, Polk Monitor 7, SVS SB13 Ultra
  • codycatalist
    edited February 2017
    Legender wrote: »
    That's high watts for an integrated... Maybe 120 or so from a used Denon 3806 that has preouts for hooking up a high power amplifier later....
    If you can go used... I'd get an older Denon/Marantz integrated that supports preouts for $200 or less, then spend $400 on a used Adcom/Harman Kardon that has common ground for driving the 2Bs. May not have the $$s for a parasound with that much power.

That's what worked for me, but went even cheaper on the Denon 1906 receiver with remote, hooked up to the SDA 2Bs through the Harmon Kardon.

Starting with this: Denon 2807
    https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/ele/5988179109.html

Paired with this might work: ADCOM GFA555
    https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/ele/5963992573.html (older post)

Not sure if that Adcom will work with SDA's though... someone correct me if I'm off base here.

Just some ideas.... happy hunting.

I know some Adcoms are common ground some aren't. I can't remember specific model numbers for either haha, I can dig around here and find it though. The only thing with Adcoms is the one I heard (Adcom pre and amp) was bright to me, not sure if their signature sound is on the bright side or not but I'll have to figure that out before I drop some $$$.

• Legender
    Pair it up with a Denon/Marantz receiver and might tone it down.
    Not many of us can afford what we really want first time. But then we fall in the hole and we'll get there eventually.
    2 Channel: Cary 306 SACD - Canary Audio 906 - Pass Labs x250 - PS Audio Perfectwave DAC, Polk LSiM705, SVS SB13 Ultra
    Spares: Yamaha CA-810; LSi 15; Kenwood Basic M2a, Yamaha M60/M80, Polk Monitor 7, SVS SB13 Ultra
  • DSkip wrote: »
    I wouldn't go with a HT receiver. You should be able to find a fairly nice stereo receiver, maybe even a vintage Marantz, to cover what you are looking for. I could see a 2252 or the like being a good mate for you.

The idea here is if you buy used and it is a stepping stone, make sure it is one that you can protect your investment with. A Marantz will not lose its value anytime soon.

You hit the nail on the head. I was thinking about a nice 75-100 watt vintage Marantz. They are plentiful and within my price range, not to mention downright beautiful!

• Legender
    Guess I didn't pair a remote with a vintage amp... but read and again and see that it's preferred, but not required. Vintage a better approach for sure.
  • Thanks for the link @littlewoodboats. Taking a look now, what kind of sound profile do they have? Never heard their stuff before.

I have never heard their receiver. I have one of their pre/pro's and hqve heard one of their amps and find the sound to be well balanced.

There was an older woman at the outlaw forums who played piano most of her life who had nothing but good things about her receiver. I do not remember what speakers she was using but do remember they cost more than my entire system.

I have never heard their receiver. I have one of their pre/pro's and hqve heard one of their amps and find the sound to be well balanced.

There was an older woman at the outlaw forums who played piano most of her life who had nothing but good things about her receiver. I do not remember what speakers she was using but do remember they cost more than my entire system.

It looks like a good deal but man... Those aesthetics kill me. I mean I don't buy gear for the looks but doesn't hurt if she is pretty with clothes on or nude if you know what I mean.

• littlewoodboats
    littlewoodboats Posts: 823
    edited February 2017
    I am not sure what they were thinking with the styling
    Post edited by littlewoodboats on
  • codycatalist
    edited February 2017
    I've been told that option a couple of times. The price is good and looks aren't too bad. Either that or if I can manage a nice vintage marantz for a decent price.

However if I get the HK that saves more money for crossover upgrades. >:)>:)>:)

• Reminds me of that state farm commercial. pw4da8kun7ug.jpg

• anonymouse wrote: »
    Why so hung up on WPC? Consider getting a Peachtree Audio Decco. Or a Nova. DAC, Tube Amp and integrated amp in one. They sound awesome. I have two. One powers my LSi9s and the other for my SDA CRS+. As you know the LSi9s are not the easiest to drive, yet I'm more than happy with the Decco.

Not only WPC but also current amps, I mean don't get me wrong my SDAs work great on my 120-140wpc yammy, yet I've read they don't really open up until 200 watts. I'd rather have the power and not need it than stress my headroom.

• I've heard good things about the Decco and have researched them a bit but I'm just not confident it can run the SDAs as loud as I personally like. I mean I'm not always blasting them but a couple home brews down the hatch and I'm cranking it.

• Just FYI, the Adcom GFA555 is a primo amp for SDA2b's. I'm using a Toshiba SA-7100 as my pre, and, while there's no remote, it sounds freakin' fantastic!