EA Sports kicks the crap out of Sega!

Options
landry_p2000
landry_p2000 Posts: 1,313
edited October 2004 in Video Games
I read in the latest issue of Game Informer that Madden 2005 still outsold ESPN NFL 2K5 regardless of a $30.00 price difference. That is amazing! ESPN got all the best reviews, lower price, etc., but still could not beat the Madden Juggernaut! I got ESPN football and I love it. Until now I have been a Madden fan. Madden is still great, but I tryed something different. I truly think that the low price spooked a lot of people from getting this great football title for fear of being a "cheap" feeling game.
The basketball on the other hand, I got the "Live 2005". I loved the ESPN NBA 2K4 with the 24/7 mode. The Live 2005 got me with the All-Star weekend. I will be trying out ESPN BB later on, but for now, I am split on what side of the fence to land on. Maybe I will stay the way I am for now, but who knows what the future hold for sports games?!! :D
Main Set-up: 55" 120 hz Samsung LN55B650, Onkyo TX-SR806, Emotiva XPA-5, Emotiva XPA-2, PS3 Slim, Sony BDP-S560, Apple TV (160g), Panamax M5300-PM, Polk Audio CSi5, RTi10's, FXi3's, RTi4's, and SVS PB12 Plus

Bedroom: Panasonic 50" S2 Plasma and Panasonic BD65 blu-ray player, Onkyo TX-SR707, Emotiva XPA-3, Emotiva UPA-2, KEF IQ7's, IQc, IQ8Ds, and SVS PB10-ISD
Post edited by landry_p2000 on

Comments

• Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited October 2004
    Options
    There still isn't a football game that beats Dynamix Front Page series games. It's sad as those games are really old, the latest playable version came out in '98.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited October 2004
    Options
    I think ESPN made a lot of noise this year with its football release. I got Madden anyways cause I only have PC for games, no console. Unless Madden really steps it up this next year and does good with marketing and publicity I would imagine that many more Madden fanatics jump ship in 2006.
  • bknauss
    bknauss Posts: 1,441
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by Sami
    There still isn't a football game that beats Dynamix Front Page series games. It's sad as those games are really old, the latest playable version came out in '98.

Pssssh! Nothing beats Tecmo Super Bowl. Possibly the greatest video game of all time.

I saw a couple reviews about madden vs nfl 2k5 where they said Sega's was very impressive, but for a game that is closer to the real thing, Madden hands down. I'll definitely be getting NBA 2k5 though... NBA Live is TERRIBLE year in and year out.
    Brian Knauss
    ex-Electrical Engineer for Polk
  • bknauss
    edited October 2004
    Options
    College Hoops 2K5 might also be a pick up for me... its great that I'll have an enormous challenge by playing my alma mater... Virginia Tech. Ooooof! They're bad at bball.
    Brian Knauss
  • Sami
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by bknauss
    Pssssh! Nothing beats Tecmo Super Bowl. Possibly the greatest video game of all time.
    Nope, not for me. I don't like the arcade football games, I like to coach and GM. That is why all the new football games suck, they have hardly any of that.

EDIT: Actually, that Tecmo looks interesting now that I found some info of it. It's still an old game so no replacement for FPSF yet.
  • landry_p2000
    landry_p2000 Posts: 1,313
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Maybe they need to make a retro Tecmo Bowl for the XBOX,PS2, and Game Cube.:D
    Main Set-up: 55" 120 hz Samsung LN55B650, Onkyo TX-SR806, Emotiva XPA-5, Emotiva XPA-2, PS3 Slim, Sony BDP-S560, Apple TV (160g), Panamax M5300-PM, Polk Audio CSi5, RTi10's, FXi3's, RTi4's, and SVS PB12 Plus

Bedroom: Panasonic 50" S2 Plasma and Panasonic BD65 blu-ray player, Onkyo TX-SR707, Emotiva XPA-3, Emotiva UPA-2, KEF IQ7's, IQc, IQ8Ds, and SVS PB10-ISD
  • bknauss
    edited October 2004
    Options
    They made an "upgraded version" for Genesis and SNES, but it stunk compared to TSB. Maybe it was because my Eagles didn't have the crazy defense anymore where I could have 60+ sacks a year with Reggie White.
    Brian Knauss
  • Sami
    edited October 2004
    Options
    If anyone is interested in great coaching and GM game over the internet, check out http://www.pnfl.com/

It's an old game so we desperately need some new blood. And I do mean BLOOD. :)