SDA Terminal Plates, dual binding post - Interest Thread

Options

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,040
    Options
    Yes, they will have 2 or 4 binding post and Neutrik connections
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    edited February 2017
    Options
    What would you want screened? I had a customer request something like this. Please note I don't advertise or actively use these logos on this plate. I do not intend to mass market or sell them and this is just per customer request and anything on my website that would show this - it would be blurred out.

That was a test on a piece that was powder coated, turned out fantastic!

70c8mjwn7gmk.jpg
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    I like the Polk Audio Logo and the VR3 name as well
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,458
    Options
    I'd like a set of Round, 4BP, Neutrik, please.
    I disabled signatures.
  • VR3
    Options
    Sounds good, please PM me your paypal info!

Thank you as always
  • VR3
    Options
    Jesse - Round, Two Binding Post - NO Neutrik - Paid
    Brock - Round, Two Binding Post - Neutrik - Paid
    Skip - Round, Two Binding Post - NO Neutrik - Paid
    Monepolk - Round, two binding post Neutrik - Paid
    Dollardave - Round, Two binding Post, neutrik - Paid
    Gudnoyez - Round, Two Binding Post, Neutrik - Paid
    Crash - Round, Four Binding Post - Neutrik - SHIPPED
    Doug/GMC - Round, Four Binding Post - Neutrik - SHIPPED
    msg - Round, 4BP, Neutrik - Invoiced

Cut off for this batch is tomorrow night.
  • VR3
    Options
    I put in the order for this batch last night, should have everything someone next week, will keep updated :)
  • DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    Options
    Are you having them screen printed? I like that.
  • VR3
    Options
    Anyone who would want screen printing, please Pm me. There would be an additional charge to screen print, about $10-15 per plate
  • DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    Options
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    edited February 2017
    Options
    So you can silk screen both the Polk Audio and Vr3 logo and Mathew Polks signature on the round two binding post neutrik ones? It looks like Dave is taking advantage of it?
    Post edited by gudnoyez on
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Crap! Can't believe I missed this thread. Arrrgghh!

If you somehow have an extra set of Round 4 binding post, Neutrik, I'd like them.

Thanks Trey.
    (I emailed you using VR3 form also)
    b]Beach Audio[/b]: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Topping D90iii * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • crashb4
    crashb4 Posts: 222
    Options
    Thanks Trey. Got them.
    Schiit Freya+, Krell KAV-250a, R-Pi network streamer, 8Tb NAS, Thorens TD-145 MKIII with Ortofon 2M red, Polk: Monitor-10B, SDA-1A, SDA-SRS
  • VR3
    Options
    Hey guys,
    I am hoping to pick these up on Monday/Tuesday of next week (if all goes well). As far as the etching, I sent in the inquiry today to my fabricator and I am awaiting some feedback there. Thank you all for your patience
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,759
    Options
    I'm thinking on using the cardas short binding posts with these plates. What methods have been used to isolate these posts from the metal?
  • VR3
    Options
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,081
    Options
    Don't all the binding posts come with their own insulators? Or it that something that needs to be bought separately? The only binding posts I've ever replaced were already installed in a new (plastic) terminal cup, that's why I ask. Most of the ones I've looked at, at Parts Express seem to have their own insulators based on the photos.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • VR3
    Options
    Cardas ships with a single insulator. I have also cut this insulator in half and put the center portion down with success.
  • gmcman
    Options
    I was worried about the threaded portion contacting the plate, does the insulator enter the hole in the plate to center the post?

I'm sure they work but was just trying to overthink the situation.
  • VR3
    Options
    I'm not 110% sure I understand the question. All of the plates are shipped as pilot holes, so you would enlarge the hole to accommodate the diameter of the insulator of the post you are using... There shouldn't be any way for the post to make contact with the aluminum plate if installed properly...
  • gmcman
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    I'm not 110% sure I understand the question. All of the plates are shipped as pilot holes, so you would enlarge the hole to accommodate the diameter of the insulator of the post you are using... There shouldn't be any way for the post to make contact with the aluminum plate if installed properly...

The plates are fine, it's the posts I was worried about. I haven't seen one of these Cardas posts up close so I don't know how they are insulated. Are they insulated on the face of the post only or does some of the insulator protrude into the hole?

I assume the insulator will center itself but that's what I wasn't sure of.
  • VR3
    Options
    So my experience is that the Cardas post look like this - 0dpqzpmnyufh.jpg

That insulator is -not- compatible with my plates. I have used that insulator, simply cutting it in half and positioning it with the flat end downward. This has worked well for me. For it to look and be 110%, the one I linked to is kind of the way to go.

WBT is also an excellent binding post, which is what I use for my higher end builds, very very nice post.

All of the insulators I have seen have a small lip that protrude down into the hole you drill so the posts cant move around.
  • VR3
    Options
    bdm02d9s2pxk.jpg
  • stogie
    stogie Posts: 230
    Options
    Sonic Craft has the Cardas binding post insulators for $5.79

http://www.soniccraft.com/index.php/connectors-binding-post-c-24_95?osCsid=56b17941fe58066eb43bd0d9a1f13268

I used them on my SDA-SRS's and they work great.
    p5irk8xr5nms.jpg
    Speakers: Polk SDA-SRS xovers rebuilt by David, RDO194's, Dynamat, BH5, glued magnets, new cloth, custom aluminum terminal plates with Cardas posts and Speakon interconnect
    Speaker Cables, Jumpers & Interconnect: DIY Douglas Connection
    Power Amp: Sunfire Architect's Choice Series II
    Preamp: Adcom GFP-750
    SACD/CD: Oppo BDP-95
    Tuner: Sansui TU-717
    TT: Technics SL-MA1
    Phono Pre: Emotiva XPS-1
    Music Server: Mac Mini w/JRiver - iPad w/JRemote
    DAC: Eastern Electric MiniMax Plus
    Other Polks: SDA: 1A, 1C, 2B, CRS+ / Monitor: 10A, 5jr, 4 / RT5
  • monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,141
    Options
    Yeah I saw that last night and ordered a set.
  • VR3
    Options
    Hey guys,
    At this time, due to the set up time and the multiple takes, it would not be feasible to etch the plates. I don't want to sit on this order for 3-4 weeks and potentially go through 2-3 plates to get it 100% right. I am really picky about what I ship out and I don't want to send you guys something I am not happy with. Etching is still real new to me on these plates, so far we have to scrap 2-3 pieces until there is a product I am ok with...

I apologize for the delay on this. Will keep you posted, a lot of plates will ship today!

Thank you as always
  • VR3
    Options
    Everyone's remaining plates will ship out tomorrow or friday.

I have a set of "b-stock" plates that have some excess powder coat on the edge.

Any takers at $70 shipped?

1rfo882snvxh.jpg
    xqaep0epbxpt.jpg
    u3snn9vb7x93.jpg
  • VR3
    Options
    Everyone's has shipped
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options
    Thank you Trey
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    Options
    Got all my stuff thanks Trey!
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)