New work setup

Willow
Willow Posts: 10,867
After a small complaint of my phone ear buds constantly falling out my wife gave me the go ahead so I did.
2z2cy5adysf8.jpg

This is my first venture into earphones and an external amp/dac. So far I'm quite enjoying them. I have not had the opportunity to enjoy them both at work only for about 10 mins tonight.

Comments

• Willow
    The headphones are sr125e not high end but much better than the buds my phone came with and a Fiio E18. Looking forward to going to work to test this out.
  • Willow
    Well after a day of listening to it I'm very pleased with the sound that now comes out of my phone.
  • Willow
    Does anyone have any good grado mods I should look into?
  • Willow
    Not a whole lot of headphone talk on here is there?
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,525
    With the exception of modifying them to allow you to disconnect the cable or use alternate ones I dont really know of any mod's folks are doing.

Head over to headfi.org, they are all headphones over there.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • SamK
    SamK Posts: 13
    At least they are medium-sized. I don't like the humongous ones that make one look like a real thug :)
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,422
    Willow, which phone are you using with your Fiio?
    I'm kinda looking into this a little.

How do you find the Grados overall? Do you not find them a little thin sounding on the bottom end? Or do you not listen to anything where that's much of a concern? I like it a little fatter on the bottom end.

+1 on headfi.org
    I disabled signatures.
  • Willow
    I'm using the BlackBerry priv and play all my music through neutron paid version. 95% flac the other is at 320. Overall I quite like them. I find them crisp, clean and accurate. The detail is quite amazing. As for the bass, they are good, no svs type but good. I've read there are mods that can be done to the membranes and the 1/4 mod to the pads which increase the base. They are my first venture into cans. I've been using the cheap buds that come with the phones. The fiio makes a big difference. I have yet to make any mods too afraid to right now.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,422
    Cool.
    Yeah, I noticed that Bass slider switch on the Fiio you're using. How does that work out?
    I disabled signatures.
  • Willow
    It definitely increases the bass in a non boomy way. I don't use it. I'll admit that I don't have any bass heavy music. For example the bass line on roundabout by yes, it quite clear, clean and what a bass guitar should sound like. I can try it out later with the bass boost and let you know.
  • Willow
    Been using the Bass all day today and so far no over bloating of the bass it adds an extra oomph that was there. This is all on Classic Rock music I don't have any new bass heavy tunes. I think I'll leave it on for a good part of the day.