Top Three Speakers you have owned.

Comments

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    Adding to bucket list: listen to some Ushers.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Ricardo wrote: »

What's your primary genre?
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,180
    Polk 1.2tl
    Polk 2.3tl
    B&W Matrix 802 Series3

i still have the 3.1tl's to try.
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    How are Ushers with Death Metal?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • txcoastal1
    Nightfall wrote: »
    How are Ushers with Death Metal?

As a fan not good, IMHO
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    How about Dynaudio?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • txcoastal1
    Nightfall wrote: »
    How about Dynaudio?

Most versatile speaker I have owned

I've listened to most of their entire line

• 1. Def Tech bp8060st
    2. NHT Classic 2
    3. Polk Rtia3
    Epson 3020 projector. Da Lite screen. Oppo 103. Yamaha CXA5000. B&K 7250ii. HSU VTF2. Def Tech Supercube 4000. Polk Rtia9 CsiA6 FxiA6. Monster hts 2600. Home theater.

Bedroom consist of NHT model 2 powered by Parasound hca1200ii coming from my computer.

Stuff laying around. Too much to list but don't want to sell either.
  • Polk RTA 8TL - Currently own
    Polk 10B - Regret selling... Great speakers!
    Bic Venturi (Vintage) Very similar to the Formula 6 (can't remember exact model). Man those were some jammers I picked them up at a local pawn shop in the late 80s while in college. They diappeared when some jack@#* kicked in my apartment door and stole everything while I was gone. :s
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    B&W CDM 1nt
    Dali Mentor 2
    Polk SDA 2B
  • B Run
    B Run Posts: 1,888
    B Run wrote: »
    Mine aren't as cool as everyone elses but i've only been in the hobby about two years. I'm sure in a few more these won't even make the list :cheesygrin:

1) Polk Rti 12's
    2) Klipsch Heresy II's
    3) Polk Rti 8's

Haha I just saw my post from 2012, had to do an updated list.

Martin Logan ESL
    ZU Omen
    Goldenear Triton 5's

Honorable mentions: Paradigm Studio 100, Mythos STS, Focal 726
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

For serious listening, Jazz, classical. Classic rock my preference for background music.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

For serious listening, Jazz, classical. Classic rock my preference for background music.

Jazz, blues, and classical is what Ushers do best The Dancer series...yeah you need to get your ears on a pair

• txcoastal1
    edited February 2017
    DSkip wrote: »
    LSAF is just a few months away.... I'll have some spiffy Ushers there too. It may not end up being the Be-10 if I can't get the room I need for them, but I'll have some diamonds there one way or another.

You going to go pick up MD2's, you're more than welcome too...or are you bringing the 777's

• txcoastal1
    DSkip wrote: »
    I don't know. I don't think 'picking up' will be an issue as I'm going to be treated like a free air-conditioned storage unit.

I consider it no out of pocket for demo gear ;)

• halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Well...

I just got the Usher CP-6311 so it's too early to tell where they fall in the rankings but I really like what I'm hearing so far (just need to work on placement). They have a very "live" sound to them (think forward - the singer is in the room with you, center stage, right up front) which is on par with the ESL hybrids but it's different.

That said,

Von Schweikert VR2

InnerSound Eros MK II

Polk Monitor 11 / Model 11 / RTA 11 (same speaker, different names) tied with the Polk Signature S60. The Energy RC-70 are not far behind the 3rd place speakers, especially with the right gear behind them. The Dynaudio DM 2/6 were pretty spectacular with a nice wide soundstage and great details - good bass for a bookie but not floorstander good. I guess that's more than 3. lol.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,031
    1) Definitive Technology Mythos ST
    2) Dynaudio Audience 82
    3) Polk Audio LSI 15
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    GoldenEar Triton 2
    Polk LSiM 705
    Polk LSi15
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    1. Polk Lsim705 (current)
    2. Totem Acoustic Rainmaker (still one)
    3. Definitive Technology SM350

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Top three speakers I’ve owned... you’d think that’d be an easy question. :D
    I’ve had a lot of great speakers, so most of what I have is pretty close to each other, but here’s how I think they go, sound wise.
    1: Monitor Audio Radius R90 HD. Yes, they are small for a mini monitor, and designed to be put by a wall, but when you place them well and put good equipment behind them they really shine. Monitor Audio did a good job with these, I think they left out lower frequencies (drops off steeply below 90ish Hz) in order to focus more on above that. And they are awesome above 120 Hz. IMO head and shoulders against other things I’ve owned.
    2: Mission Freedom 770 Mark IV. These speakers rock. They don’t have the clarity of the Monitors or my SDA’s, but they are just so much fun, that they make an easy choice for number 2.
    3: This is the hard one. I’ll say it’s neck and neck between my LSi25s and my SDA CRS (both bone stock.) The SDA soundstage is astounding, but other than that, I don’t like them, because they just don’t sound good to my ears. Too bright, too harsh. LSi’s are the exact opposite. I really liked them, they were very musical and smooth, but they were too laid back. They didn’t have a sound that sucked me in. For me, you have to crank the volume too much for them to sound good. Now, when you gave them power, they easily would be number 3, but I spend most of my listening at lower levels. I’ll leave this one up in the air, as I can’t decide.
    I’m done now. :)
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    Wow what a blast from the past. Lots of old timers from days gone past.
    Great read :)
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I clicked on this thread and started reading and thinking, yea those were great and darn, I forgot about them, I still have them too (ESS-AMT 1b's). LOL. The maggies, the heresy's, the ADS's etc.

Then I see it was in 2010 that the posts were from. :o But it doesn't really matter since I believe speakers hold their special qualities for a long, long time. I've had a blast collecting audio stuff for 35+ years.

Polk's SRS2's are up near the top for sure! Then there are the Newform Research 645R's I think they are. The Triton Ones are up there too.

But I've also heard holographic speakers like the PSB Century 600's I think they were. The Ohm Walsh 2's were super special too. The ESS AMT 1b's and the Maggie 3.1R's I think they were, are and were also lifelike sounding.

The Polk RT3000P's and LS90'd have rocked my world on more than 100 occasions. Beautiful sounding!

Then the Def. Tech BP10B's and my new to me BP30's are super special too.

But the Polk Monitor 10's with peerless tweets pushed me over the edge about 15+ years ago. I only had the ESS AMT 1b's for my main system in the house. After getting the Monitor 10's, I went looking for other speakers and haven't stopped. I slowed down but haven't stopped.

The Pioneer HP100's ( 200 watt versions) were NICE!

Then there are all my recently acquired and re-foamed Infinity's I stock piled over the past couple of years are pretty impressive too.

Sorry about posting more than 3 but I just have to give credit to a lot of NICE sounding speakers I've heard and sold and still have. I just remembered my pr. of RSL 3200's I think they are. Maybe 3300. They sound FINE too!

And all the Pinnacles I've owned and still do own a lot of them. They are FINE sounding too.

That's enough, I'm tired and I'm sure you guys are tired of reading this too.

Good nice and good listening to you all!

TM. B)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Good info Tony, I'm sure the speakers you mentioned above are but a small percentage of your collection! Keep collecting my man! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited October 2018
    This thread made me go and pull my 7C's out of storage, these rate in my top 3 for sure. What are the other two, not sure as I have to think about that. These 7C's were a no brainer though. Or, may be just for sentimental reasons that they sound so good.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,964
    Top three....
    1. Jm lab mezzo utopia
    2. Tyler acoustics super towers modded
    3. Tyler acoustics 7u

Bottom 3
    1. Vmps tower II, terrible
    2. Tyler acoustics d3 and d2, terrible
    3. Polk Audio rti70

- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,490
    I’ve owned four speakers since 1973:
    Dynaco A-35 (1973-1977)
    Powered Advents (1977-1981)
    Magnepan MG 2B (1981-2013, Yikes!)
    Magnepan MG 3.6R (2013-present).
    The MG 3.6R were the only ones bought used. At some point I may think about downsizing to some stand-mounts or similar speakers.
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 999
    My top three....
    1-Nola Boxer 2's (current)
    2-Hornshoppe Great Horned Heils (current)
    3- EPI 180's
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    ROSSO FIORENTINO "Fiesole's"

Usher Mini X's

POLK CRS+'s
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    My Game just went to another level...having fun enjoying it as much as possible..except my sister said she stills like my SDA better?

She never fails to embarrasses me :(
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD