AC Wall Receptacles?

Options
Greetings friends, acquaintances and sphincters!

I've been keeping an eye out for a deal for some PS Audio receptacles on eBay. I remember reading that a lot of people here recommend them as a good upgrade. A couple days ago I sent someone an offer of $45 (he was asking $55) plus $7.75 shipping cost for three receptacles and he accepted. Two new in box PS Audio Power Port Classics and one used VooDoo Cable Outlet with wall plate. I wanted to know if anyone here had any experience with both brands. Any differences? Is the Voodoo on par with the Power Port? I know you guys frown upon certain brands and find some inferior to others. I don't remember reading anything about the Voodoo brand here. I don't want to wake up one morning and find a chicken with it's head cut off and a bowl full of bones sitting on one of my speakers.

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,553
    edited January 2017
    Options
    look like this hubbell

https://www.amazon.com/Hubbell-Wiring-Systems-SpikeShield-Receptacle/dp/B000LEDFRU

Hubbell Wiring Systems IG8300 SpikeShield HBL Extra Heavy Duty Hospital Grade Straight Blade Isolated Ground Duplex Receptacle, 125V, 20A, 1 HP, 2-Pole, 3-Wire, Orange

I bought some I like them for what they are. They must of jumped in price as I only paid 20.00ea. at Menards

Of course I see VOODOO cryo treated and de-oxit them
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,204
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Yep, that looks like the one. I haven't received it yet, so I can't tell you if there is a model name on it anywhere, but here is a pic from the auction.
    ywjwt7h608eh.jpg
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    Options
    I think @voltz is using some Voodoo stuff, but may be power cables and not ports, Darryl have any thoughts to share?
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,553
    Options
    Its a hubbell I see the trademark on the outlet.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I have the Voodoo powermatic 6 and several of their power cables and I like their stuff.
    and I aslo have the PS audio power port :) and a ps audio Dectet power conditioner and their both excellent products.

http://voodoocable.net/product-category/power-products/
    http://voodoocable.net/product/voodoo-ubbell-audio-grade-ac-outlet/

l13bc9crxzty.jpg
    n3h7ru1bmonf.jpg

2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    Options
    ^^^ I had to google that pic, thought it was meant to be funny or something!
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    Well its funny how good they make my system sound ;)

They are the lightest power cables I have seen, and they really are that flexible.
    019fdrx4thp6.jpg
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD