Setup question

This may not make sense but thats ok, cause it me.

I'm probably picking up a vintage receiver to use at my office, not with speakers but with my DT-770's to listen to FM radio and feel the nostalgia along with seeing the pretty silver shine and glowing lights...

Here is where my question and ignorance comes in.

Would adding a tube buffer be a possibility in this setup, how would I hook it into the setup, and would it actually do anything?

In vintage stereo receivers is the headphone amp circuit separate from the speaker amp section all the time, part of it, etc.

I "could" add one of these to allow me to use the actual speaker outputs to drive the headphones rather than the headphone plug on the receiver.
"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Yeah I think I may start with just the unit and my headphones.... From there I may go a bit crazy and add a set of custom overnight sensations with a voxel sub at a later date just because, but I bet it would look and sound good as is......

If I end up with it I will post some pics... Its a GORGEOUS looking unit and the price is right :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • EndersShadow
    edited January 2017
    Step one. Totally forgot to bring in wire for the FM radio section but it's still pulling stations, just really low level.

Also plan to bring in my TT and put it on top of it to spin LPs....

Mainly just because :smile:

Master chief approved @mrbiron

@mhardy6647 I figured you would appreciate this will all your vintage knowledge. You will notice the button on the side... that was a modification to fix the turn on problem most of these had where the relay in the loudness (ie Volume) switch would go bad and not turn on. Rather than fixing it, many people just added in their own power button, which is what was done here. I may eventually replace it with a more flush toggle button, but for now its kinda a fun talking point.

Its like my Sherwood has a turbo boost button :smile:

3oorukekgly9.jpg
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    I do NOT approve of you hiding his evil, less handsome twin behind the Sherwood!
    Wish i was allowed to wear headphones at work. #idgetfired

Why do they make cube walls so ugly :p
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • EndersShadow
    mrbiron wrote: »
    I do NOT approve of you hiding his evil, less handsome twin behind the Sherwood!
    Wish i was allowed to wear headphones at work. #idgetfired

Why do they make cube walls so ugly :p

I will post a better pic later. I moved some things around a bit lol
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    I guess it just seems like a clunkier and more cluttered way to solve a problem...

I have (and still do) thoroughly enjoyed my Little Dot running from my phone. Sound quality is surprisingly good and the smaller amount of gear keeps my desk uncluttered...or I guess leaves me more room for Funkos. Hehe

Still, a good looking receiver though.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • EndersShadow
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    I guess it just seems like a clunkier and more cluttered way to solve a problem...

I ABSOLUTELY agree... however it wasnt purchased to really solve a problem, but purchased because...
    good looking receiver though.

I bought it to do just that basically. Plus I dont do Funkos... yet lol....

And I've got a bunch of space I could readjust for other things.

Right now its cluttered as I've got the computer Ricardo is picking up next to it, then dual monitors, then my laptop dock/etc...

Next week I it will look much better.

But as you said, I bought it because the faceplate called to me.. and then made it solve a problem I didnt really have lol...

• EndersShadow
    Because @mrbiron made fun of me :wink:

mcygw15hv0tg.jpg
  • mrbiron
    Better, but i have to question the authenticity of the photo when Mr. Vader is sporting May 4th as a date.
  • EndersShadow
    Because.... May the 4th.... be with you :)...
  • mrbiron
    Ahhh....I got out geeked....a line has now been drawn in the sand. If you accept this challenge, know there will be many lives lost.
  • EndersShadow
    Ahhh....I got out geeked....a line has now been drawn in the sand. If you accept this challenge, know there will be many lives lost.

Kinda like the number of times you die when we played Halo 5 :wink:
  • mrbiron
    Which is a LOT!
    Name the day and time...I've still got legendary
  • EndersShadow
    Which is a LOT!
    Name the day and time...I've still got legendary

Soon as I need to beat it co-op on legendary too
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    How to out-geek anyone in geekdom...

How many times does Dr. Daniel Jackson die in the series, Stargate SG-1?
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • EndersShadow
    How to out-geek anyone in geekdom...

How many times does Dr. Daniel Jackson die in the series, Stargate SG-1?

Depends on your definition of die lol....

He has a couple times ascended which could be considered death.... or dies and is brought back to life....

So define dies lol....

PS I HATE YOU RIGHT NOW LOL... You know the right buttons to push.
  • mrbiron
    Boy am I glad I've never seen a single episode.
    Read the book, watched Kurt Russell in the movie, and beat the Sega video game.

Phew! I need another beer.
  • EndersShadow
    I'm on my third and there will be more as I just found out Stargate SG-1 is NOT on Netflix anymore :disappointed: .....

I had the TV to myself with the kids and lost the ability to binge watch it....

In other news @mrbiron...... wanna Xbox RIGHT MEOW?