FS: A couple Zotac Zbox mini/nano PCs, for Kodi, Netflix, Plex etc.

Options
billbillw
billbillw Posts: 6,185
edited November 2016 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I have put together a couple Z-box nettop PCs. These are miniature PCs that are perfect for running Kodi, Netflix, HBO GO, Foobar2000, etc.

They are both capable of smooth 1080P playback. They are both fully functional and loaded with licensed Windows 10 operating systems. Both are a bit scratched up, but run perfectly. I have attached spec sheets for both Zbox PCs.

I can install/configure Kodi, Foobar, etc if you like. Also, if you just plan to run Kodi, these would run much faster with OpenElec. There is probably a way to dualboot and run OpenElec from a USB3.0 stick.

I am asking $90+shipping for each.

They are as follows:
Zbox #1

Zbox Nano AD-12 (palm size), AMD E2-1800 APU w/ Radeon HD 7340 graphics (dual core 1.7GHz). 80GB HDD, 4GB RAM. Built in Bluetooth, WiFi, Gigabit LAN, IR sensor, USB3.0, HDMI, DisplayPort, eSATA, 7-in-1 card reader, etc.
It comes with power supply only. All the other accessories including the WiFi antenna are missing.

Zbox #2

Zbox ID-41 (book size) Intel Atom D525 (dual core w/hyperthreading, 1.8GHz) with Nvidia Ion 2 graphics processor. 80GB HDD, 4GB RAM. Built in WiFi, Gigabit LAN, HDMI, DVI, Optical S/PDIF, USB3.0, 6-in-1 card reader, eSATA port, etc.
It comes with power supply only. Vertical mounting plate is missing.

I can get actual photos, screenshots, etc., tonight if anyone is interested.
For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
Post edited by billbillw on

Comments

• jaygax
    jaygax Posts: 153
    Options
    this is a good deal. where's the shipping origin for these?
  • billbillw
    Options
    From Atlanta. Probably use priorty flat rate unless FedEx is cheaper.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Go ahead and take some photo's for me if you dont mind... pondering snagging one for a secondary zone system using Kodi for music and movie playback.....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • billbillw
    Options
    I'll get some pics tonight.
  • billbillw
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Hey Guys, I was gonna load about 30 photos to Photobucket, but the website is down. Here are a few. This is the AD-12 (the smaller one). Green Ring when powered on. Biggest difference is smaller size, addition of Display Port, lacks optical audio out and the fan is a bit louder. Also, built in IR detector, works with any Microsoft MCE remote. I tested and everything worked fine in Kodi.

Note, this will play 1080p smoothly as long as it is not encoded in one of the more advanced codecs (ie: H265). H264 and others play fine.

0rhi3lr32q1v.jpg
    tmhx7eddh7s7.jpg
    2oew8nnh4zxe.jpg
    sf4qif37wd5a.jpg
    aupu8o2eff3n.jpg
  • billbillw
    edited November 2016
    Options
    This is the ID-41. Blue Ring when powered on. Biggest difference is larger size and it has an optical audio out. It is also quieter. Note: this plays 1080p fine as long as it is not H265 compressed. It played all my H264 bluray rips just fine.

yp9mf53bbyz0.jpg
    uz1weocn9pmp.jpg
    byk4p5v5aec1.jpg
    mv6ppyw6vt5r.jpg
    mfj3wxzmn36g.jpg
  • billbillw
    Options
    I'll try to load the other photos later if Photobucket comes back up.
  • haimoc
    haimoc Posts: 1,031
    Options
  • jaygax
    jaygax Posts: 153
    edited November 2016
    Options
    i want the zbox id-41. ship to 35462 alabama.
    ooops! i'm too late. give it to haimoc.
  • billbillw
    edited November 2016
    Options
    jagax,
    Lemme check shipping prices and get back with you later tonight. You've got 1st dibs. Yes, I take PayPal.
  • billbillw
    Options
    I was able to make a slideshow at Photobucket with more photos.
    Here is the link:
    http://s45.photobucket.com/user/billbillw/slideshow/Zbox?sort=3

Jaygax, I haven't heard from haimoc. Like I said, this ID-41 is your's for the taking.
  • billbillw
    Options
    OK. I heard from haimoc. He wants it.
  • haimoc
    haimoc Posts: 1,031
    Options
    Payment sent for zbox id-41.
  • billbillw
    Options
    ID41 sold. Still have the AD-12.
  • billbillw
    Options
    Bump. Zbox AD-12 available.

Also, I have another ID-41 that I'm thinking about selling if there is any interest. It is the same as above except, it has an 80GB Intel SSD installed, so it is a little snappier and boots quicker. I would ask $110 for the ID-41 with SSD installed, Win 10 Pro, etc.
  • billbillw
    Options
    Bump. How about $80+shipping for the AD-12 and $100+shipping for the ID-41 with the 80GB Intel SSD? Any interest?
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,139
    Options
    I will take the id41 can you ship usps? maybe flat rate
  • jawhog
    jawhog Posts: 444
    Options
    Maybe someone will know the answer to this. After 14 years of being a cord cutter I'm actually having comcast internet and cable installed today. For now, I'm only getting the main x1 cloud dvr box and plan to access the dvr from a pc/browser app at two secondary locations. I don't know how well it will work or how convenient it will be and also can't find any minimum system requirements for doing this. I have a niche behind a wall mount tv, so if the AD-12 can play content off the x1 dvr, it would be a great fit for this application. Does anyone know if it would work for this? Maybe I will have a better idea myself after I try it out with the computers I already have tonight.
  • billbillw
    Options
    Yeah. Not sure about the X1 cloud stuff. I am Comcast user, but I have Tivo for everything cable related. I guess a lot depends if X1 Cloud uses one of the HVEC encodes or not.
  • billbillw
    Options
    BTW, the 2nd ID-41 that I mentioned mid-thread is also sold.
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Options
    jawhog wrote: »
    Maybe someone will know the answer to this. After 14 years of being a cord cutter I'm actually having comcast internet and cable installed today. For now, I'm only getting the main x1 cloud dvr box and plan to access the dvr from a pc/browser app at two secondary locations. I don't know how well it will work or how convenient it will be and also can't find any minimum system requirements for doing this. I have a niche behind a wall mount tv, so if the AD-12 can play content off the x1 dvr, it would be a great fit for this application. Does anyone know if it would work for this? Maybe I will have a better idea myself after I try it out with the computers I already have tonight.
    Infinity plays fine on the basic and older PC's and tablets in my home. I'm a bit late and missed these. I'm looking for a music and movie server option myself.

2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    @WLDock

There is one still around I think
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • billbillw
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Yes, the AD-12 is still available. It might not be as preferable as a music server (compared to the ID-41) since it doesn't have a rear optical audio output, but if you were feeding an HDMI receiver, or a USB DAC it would be perfect. I believe you can get an optical adapter to put in the front headphone jack but that wouldn't look very clean IMO.

This is the adapter I'm talking about:
    https://www.amazon.com/Recoton-Fiber-Optic-Toslink-Adapter/dp/B0002MQGRM

There are many variations of this adapter. Basically, its called a Toslink-F to Mini-M adapter.
    Post edited by billbillw on
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,139
    Options
    Thank you Bill. Got it today. much appreciated.
  • billbillw
    Options
    A bump for a new week. The Zotac Zbox AD12 is still available. This is a nice little "nano" sized PC. 80GB HDD, 4GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro (64bit) installed. This is a capable little net-top/HTPC capable of smoothly running HD video up to 1080p.
    See this Youtube review:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y423SkPk7Vo
  • billbillw
    Options
    Bump. I still have this little Zbox available. $75+shipping for a tiny nano PC with licensed Windows 10, 4GB, 80GB HDD. The license would still be there on a clean install (if you wanted to put an SSD or something)
  • billbillw
    Options
    OK Pending sale on the Zbox AD12.

Stay tuned,
    I will be offering some faster Haswell Chromebox units running OpenElec and possibly one dual boot with Windows 10/OpenElec.

Running OpenElec/LibreElec, these Haswell Chromeboxes are like Kodi appliances, super reliable, boot in 15 seconds, super fast to navigate.
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    Options
    Dumb question - half of what is written in this thread I have no idea what it means...
    But... do these require hard wire or can they run off WiFi and still run Kodi? Interested in the movie services for hotel living.
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• billbillw
    Options
    MrBuhl wrote: »
    Dumb question - half of what is written in this thread I have no idea what it means...
    But... do these require hard wire or can they run off WiFi and still run Kodi? Interested in the movie services for hotel living.

They all have wireless capability, but work better when connected to wired network, especially if viewing high quality 1080p video with HD audio.

I will send you more info by PM.