Hi Sal

Comments

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    edited December 2016
    Yeah, well Neil, he sort of came off the rails, big time. Not sure what his deal was or what was going on in his life, etc. But the banning was deserved. He was a constant instigator and then started "spamming" threads with his mantra about electric and green vehicles. It got old fast and he was warned several times.

No ill feelings towards the guy, but those are the facts.

H9

"Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • scottyboy76
    scottyboy76 Posts: 2,905
    edited December 2016
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Maybe Sal isn't to blame for all the green talk, you guys are starting it without any antagonizing at all. :D

Put a sock in it, tree hugger.

haaaa.....sorry

I always thought sal was fine, but then again I usually avoided the long long threads here.
    they were, many times arguments
    humpty dumpty was pushed
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,043
    Sorry to hear this news about Sal. I met him almost 5 years ago to the day and spent a couple of hours at his home listening to his 1.2tl's. This was on my way back home from buying my own pair of 1.2tls which were in my car at the time. Sal's place was on the way home so he invited us to stop by for a visit. He was a very gracious host and bought my bud and I a pizza and made us both a great cup of coffee. It was listening to his 1.2tls that evening that made me realize that up to that point I had done everything completely wrong in my set up. Thanks to Sal showing me what those big polks were capable of my system got completely ripped apart once I got home and then set up properly right from scratch.

Tuning into the wayback machine I also remember him being crucified (or damn close to it) for thinking outside the box for some of his modifications to his polks when he first came to cp.

At any rate thanks Sal for showing me the right way to dial in a set of the big polks whether you come back here or not.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    mrbiron wrote: »
    DEF is made from cow urine.....
    I thought it was just super salt water....
  • pitdogg2
    mrbiron wrote: »
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Maybe Sal isn't to blame for all the green talk, you guys are starting it without any antagonizing at all. :D

Put a sock in it, tree hugger.

Ditto!
    Wait, he's in Colorado.....Tree Smoker!

Puff puff pass or something like that.
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    Is he back?
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    xsmi wrote: »
    Is he back?

Nope, false alarm...
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Couldn't stay away, eh?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited June 2017
    It's like the Hotel California; you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

2105780005_48406ede31.jpg
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »
    Couldn't stay away, eh?

He's turning over a new Leaf....

That was a good one.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Yeah, well Neil, he sort of came off the rails, big time. Not sure what his deal was or what was going on in his life, etc. But the banning was deserved. He was a constant instigator and then started "spamming" threads with his mantra about electric and green vehicles. It got old fast and he was warned several times.

No ill feelings towards the guy, but those are the facts.

H9

And enough reason to keep him banned.
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    Welcome back Sal ! I always enjoyed your posts about anything; audio, computers, your weight loss surgery, biking, the Leaf, etc. Your You Tube videos too. Stick around, a lot of us missed you! :)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited June 2017
    So... why come back now? Did you run out of places willing to put up with your agenda, or did you turn over a new Leaf?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    edited June 2017
    DaveHo wrote: »
    And enough reason to keep him banned.

Yeah he went a little off the rails but overall he was a nice guy. I'm not a fan of lifetime ban unless someone does something really bad. I think a long term hiatus was sufficient in his case.

Welcome back.

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Welcome back Sal. Nice to see you posting again.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Good to see you Sal.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,140
    Hey welcome back.
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    Man, I for one am glad to see you back!
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    What's up Sal? Long time, no talk.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    Gawd I wish I could get a mulligan...
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Gawd I wish I could get a mulligan...

Yep... feels like Groundhog Day around here lately...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited November 2017
    In before the close and the ban hammer!!!!

Now that we know sal has conflict of interests pushing an agenda that he invests in - how is this not a violation of forum rules?

Definition of a troll and a nuisance to the forum with nothing productive to contribute
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    Is Sal involved with dump trucks? I thought he was involved only in consumer EVs (not that I really care). If that is the case, how is the dump truck link a conflict of interest?

Actually, the dump truck story is pretty cool. It only works because it brings its load downward. The opposite direction would take a lot of energy. It may not even be worth more than using a standard diesel truck.

• shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited November 2017
    Lasareath wrote: »
    shawn474 wrote: »
    In before the close and the ban hammer!!!!

Now that we know sal has conflict of interests pushing an agenda that he invests in - how is this not a violation of forum rules?

Definition of a troll and a nuisance to the forum with nothing productive to contribute

Actually you’re the one Trolling me. Every post I make you have a remark. I’m calling you out. And reporting you.

Sal,
    Please, take your martyr act somewhere else. The thread got shut down because you couldn’t keep your mouth shut and have an insatiable appetite to prove everyone wrong. Then you choose to bring it back up on ANOTHER old thread. I, and many others have called you out on this behavior (now and in the past). Report me and do whatever you need to to quench your insecurities.....but the fact is you’re an attention monger (proven by your crybaby “delete my account” thread and now this reinstate my account so I can push an annoying agenda and an annoying one at that. This will be the last post I make in any of your threads - it just isn’t worth the time.

I will await the mods decision on whether to suspend or ban me (with bated breath)....
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • I'm reporting myself. I was too embarrassed to post this in the "What are you listening to thread", and I posted it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW1gMVw_LtI

Sal Palooza
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    edited November 2017
    Lasareath wrote: »
    LOLPUSHINMAHAGENDUHSPAM!!!

The true comedy here is using a picture of a diesel powered rock truck...

See that mass of air cleaners and the exhaust pipe? That's all diesel powered engine hardware.

wymm6flawpwf.jpeg
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • pitdogg2
    I also must mention I have not seen huge radiators or any radiator on the front of any EV vehicle. Not only does this one have a monster radiator but you can even see the heat distortion from the exhaust

EPIC FAIL SAL!!!!!!