MVP of your system - make it known here!

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited December 2016
    Would start looking for a solution for storage and streaming

What comes to mind that is budget with your system is the Auralic mini...lotta bang for your buck

@voltz
    @Wardsweb
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    i may be able to help with that. I'm deciding between 2 different streaming devices at the moment.

Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384

What comes to mind that is budget with your system is the Auralic mini...lotta bang for your buck

@voltz
    @Wardsweb

agree - The mini has taken my setup to a different and enjoyable level B) portable and no PC needed.

but it does require a apple device (phone or ipad) to control it - but put in a big SSD drive full of all of your digital music including DSD files and look out o:)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    oj9dampersqw.jpg...

Where did you get that cabinet?
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    John, anything else in that rig I can buy? :D
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    Willow wrote: »
    oj9dampersqw.jpg...

I built it myself when I built the room. It was constructed to allow access from both sides, with a closet behind it. Sadly, it's part of the house now...

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • txcoastal1
    Nightfall wrote: »

To much moola, and to big for me
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• nooshinjohn
    e54qihwzavy2.jpg
    Another shot showing the speakers as well.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn

My Pioneer Elite d9 MkII sack will be looking for a new home soon. I want a silver faced unit to match the rest of my stack.

• txcoastal1

My Pioneer Elite d9 MkII sack will be looking for a new home soon. I want a silver faced unit to match the rest of my stack.

Good luck...very few SACD players in silver at decent prices...wish Marantz USA had silver

• Willow
    Willow wrote: »
    oj9dampersqw.jpg...

I built it myself when I built the room. It was constructed to allow access from both sides, with a closet behind it. Sadly, it's part of the house now...

Too bad. My wife is wanting a white one like that or a distressed white one. I'll go well with our room make over.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    edited December 2016
    Back to MVP posts.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    edited December 2016
    tumblr_o03klpozr21ue9e1zo1_250.gif

HAHAHAH... OK fine... run amok my friends
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • nooshinjohn
    I don't think I can narrow it down to just one thing Joey. The whole of my system makes it what it is.

• 5. Monarchy Audio SM 70's (amps)- $1500/pair
    4. Musical Fidelity CDT M1 (CD transport) - $1000
    3. Django TVC passive linestage - $1200
    2. Scott Nixon tubedac plus - $600
    1. Meadowlark Audio Swifts (recently sold) - $1200
  • Willow
    edited December 2016
    My ears are the MVP of my system, without them I wouldn't hear s h ! t
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    The whole of my system makes it what it is.

Nail, head, hammer..........

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Joey_V
    F1nut wrote: »

Just cuz the system is a whole, doesn't mean you can't have component favorites.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    I don't really as it truly is the sum of the parts working in harmony.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    Joey_V wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »

Just cuz the system is a whole, doesn't mean you can't have component favorites.

I do have a couple favorites, but it is the sum total of everything that brings the magic. Would my table sound as good as it does if I were running it through a z-phono and a mid 90's soundesign all in one rack?

Each piece is here because they all do the best job of disappearing when the needle settles in the groove.

• kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453

@voltz
    @Wardsweb

Was looking at the mini, but, looking like there's going to be NO android app and that leaves me out, unless I'm missing something. It appears to be ideal for what I want except for that one little detail of not offering an interface that I could use.

Also, is there going to be a thread on the Wharfedale fatal flaw? I'm interested to hear your thoughts on them.

• New addition for me: Saga pre-amp from Schiit
    93f2wa2qgy81.jpg

A day without music is like a day without food.
  • I'm willing to let Cher be bumped from number one if
    Joey lets me borrow his cables for a while. >:)
  • Joey_V
    I'm willing to let Cher be bumped from number one if
    Joey lets me borrow his cables for a while. >:)

Eep!!
  • Wardsweb
    Wardsweb Posts: 899
    kharp1 wrote: »
    Was looking at the mini, but, looking like there's going to be NO android app and that leaves me out, unless I'm missing something. It appears to be ideal for what I want except for that one little detail of not offering an interface that I could use.

Have you thought about picking up a used Ipad? You really don't want to control your music with a phone. The DS Lightning software is slick.

• halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    A used iPhone would work as well. I use my iPhone to control my music server. It's convenient.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Not an audio component at all.
    Welch Allyn ear cleaning system.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Wardsweb wrote: »
    kharp1 wrote: »

Have you thought about picking up a used Ipad? You really don't want to control your music with a phone. The DS Lightning software is slick.

Was just thinking about that this weekend. I just gave a Mac mini to a friend. Had bought it for me mum and she passed about a year ago and my dad had no interest. I'm very anti Apple after they crashed my phone and said basically "oh, yeah, that upgrade was for a different phone, downloading it crashes yours." When asked if they could restore my original os the reply was "sorry, no."

That combined with the problem of losing downloads I'd paid for when I got a new email and could no longer access iTunes account with my new email. This was all several years ago.
    Every since then I've had nothing to do with Apple...and I can be a little stubborn. Maybe ought to suck it up and get an iPad for this, but, that will probably mean having an iTunes account.

I'm really interested in the mini but kind of pissed they couldn't figure out how to, or simply chose not to, develop a Android OS.