WTB HDTV Receiver

Options
jawhog
jawhog Posts: 444
edited October 2004 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
Need an off-the-air receiver for an HDTV monitor.
Anyone have one they're not using anymore?
If not can anyone suggest a good one?
There's lots on Ebay, but haven't taken the time to research the different Samsung models, etc.
Post edited by jawhog on

Comments

• Pauly
    Pauly Posts: 4,519
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Dont know what cable / sat company you have. I have Dish N so i called and told them i was gonna goto Direct if they didnt send me a HD receiver. Got it for free (like 400) just have to pay 9.99 month for HD package and get my locals on the off air. Just a sugg.

pauly
    Life without music would
  • bvette94
    bvette94 Posts: 356
    edited October 2004
    Options
    I have a samsung sirt-151 that is missing the remote. remote is about $50.00 from samsung.pm me if interested. i can email pics
  • jawhog
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Spas,
    I don't have cable/sat (collective GASP!), just looking for an over the air receiver. We moved a few months back and I decided to skip cable for a year and use the $600 that I'd save for some new gear. Now I don't even miss cable that much. The other interesting thing is that with an attic antenna, I have some of the clearest reception I have ever had (lucky that I'm close enough to get it), but it ticks me off that my old cable service was apparently degrading the picture of my locals quite a bit.
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited October 2004
    Options
    I have the Zenith HD520 which is OTA and Direct TV. I believe the Zenith 420 is OTA only and was less than half the cost of my 520. My 520 works great for OTA so I would imagine the receiver is the same and is just as fine in the 420.

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • warlocks1
    warlocks1 Posts: 1,212
    edited October 2004
    Options
    I have an RCA DTC100 which does DTV and OTA. You can use it for OTA without activating Directv. I don't have a remote, but I think any RCA universal will work it. $100.00 plus shipping. Email me if interested. Thanks, Jeff
  • jawhog
    edited October 2004
    Options
    bvette94 is going to sell me his samsung

Thanks Bob!
  • bvette94
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Jawhog No problem thank you too. I sent it to the ups store today they said it will ship on monday.3/5 days it should take. let me know when it arrives. ups will email you a tracking number.
  • jawhog
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Well, just got back from a trip and the HDTV receiver had arrived from Bob (bvette94). Great condition, excellent packing, included all the documentation and even an extra interconnect! The forum really came through on this one, just a great sale, and TV never looked better! Thanks Bob!
  • bvette94
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Add jawhog to the list of good buyers and sellers.

jawhog,
    Glad it arrived without incident.i am always a little worried about ups. great transaction. Thanks enjoy.