Remember

6wqkzhf992r5.jpg

December 7, 1941 "a day that will live in infamy" - Franklin D. Roosevelt

2,000 Americans died from the pre-dawn, sneak attack. My father volunteered for the Army at Ft. Leavenworth, Kansas the next day. He was 17. He lost many good friends and comrades and saw, first hand, the devastation in Hiroshima. He suffered from malaria for years after the war. Dad never talked about the war, but he did not hesitate to volunteer to serve. His was the greatest American generation. Please honor their service and sacrifice today.

Mike

PH.jpg 11.5K

Comments

• westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Never forget.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Raised my flag to only half staff in rememberence...My dad was already serving in the Navy on that date,has told me about a couple of his friends that were serving on the ships stationed there...one thing that has always struck a chord with me was when he said...How would you have liked to have been woken up like that?...One thing is for certain..The world would have been a much different place had the members of the Greatest Generation had not answered the call to arms...
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,310
    6wqkzhf992r5.jpg

December 7, 1941 "a day that will live in infamy" - Franklin D. Roosevelt

2,000 Americans died from the pre-dawn, sneak attack. My father volunteered for the Army at Ft. Leavenworth, Kansas the next day. He was 17. He lost many good friends and comrades and saw, first hand, the devastation in Hiroshima. He suffered from malaria for years after the war. Dad never talked about the war, but he did not hesitate to volunteer to serve. His was the greatest American generation. Please honor their service and sacrifice today.

Mike

Mike,
    My father also volunteered after the attack. He was stationed at Pearl Harbor for a while, as well as some time at Guam, the Phillipines, and was at Bataan after the death march. He also came home with malaria. Greatest generation indeed.

Jim
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    THANK YOU! to all vets and active service members
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Bump to honor those whose sacrifices keep us free.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    No "thank you" can be great enough for the price that those have gone before us have paid.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    FestYboy wrote: »
    No "thank you" can be great enough for the price that those have gone before us have paid.

Amen to that. Should be a national holiday in remembrance with every life lost listed.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I just saw a special about that dreadful day. The Japanese diplomats failed to get USA to lift sanctions from China here in Washington. The Japanese army was ready to go to war over these sanctions and when they were relayed that USA wasn't going to tell China to lift them , that set in motion the response.

Now Japanese declared war on the USA and sent the telegraph to somebody in Washington that the declaration had been issued. Japan did not want to attack the USA with out a warning. They said it would be a dishonor ( an old samurai code was to wake your enemy up and hand them a sword first ) to kill the enemy with a sneak attack.

The telegraph was supposedly deciphered by a newbie and it took a while to translate it. The attack happened before the translated message was sent to the Generals or the appropriate presidential college's. Only by an hour or so, but it was enough to have pissed off the Japanese head General and Emperor. That head general for the Japanese and the Emperor suggested the Japanese fleet ( and what was left of their air force anyway ) turn around and head back to Japan immediately. They had done considerable damage and knew the USA would retaliate with a vengeance, thinking the USA had been attacked with out a declaration of war first. That one Generals comment was " I'm afraid we have woken a hornets nest " or something close to that.

The Japanese General and Emperor was right .

We did.

I agree those men of WW1 and WW2 were MEN of the highest caliber !

We're speaking English still to this day because of their sacrifices and dedication to this country's beliefs.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    I believe Admiral Yamamoto uttered the words..'I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant...and fill him with a great resolve'...
  • At least Yamamoto got what he deserved. Karma can be a ****.