w4s recovery laptop finally sounds right.

Options
So I bought a w4s recovery. Out of the box and listened for ablut an hour, vocals pop out at you. Bass is tighter and the highs actually have air and sparkle! Its still breaking in snd a slight harshness on some of the top but thst should go away soon

So far i have a Intona and recovery to the usb chain. I am slso running a jitterbug after the usb drive into the laptop.
Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.

Comments

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,314
    Options
    Letting it run overnight has already taken some of the edge off. From what I have read, 50 hours is the break in point. So far for 159$ (not sure if it's still on sale) it was a big difference and I haven't even upgraded the power supply yet!

Out of the box it has given my rig the same air my CD player has and the vocals pop out more. At this point my digital rig is sounding as good as the cd. I am hopping the better power supply will help it beat the cd.

I should add, this is still running wav not flac. On my rig, I still hear the difference between flac ripped on dbpoweramp uncompressed and wav uncompressed. Wav has more air and cleaner highs as well as a better midrange but, flac seems to have a bit more bass but, it seems a little bloated or fake on this rig.

Anyway, the w4s recovery is not snake oil, it's definitely legit. If the rest of the digital rig was up to snuff and not just a laptop, I'm not sure how dramatic the results would be but, doing research, people running way more expensive players like aurender @2700$ and up have them inline so I am going to guess it's not just for laptops.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.