Maybe a stupid question..

Ok so I'm ripping my CD's to my computer using JRiver on Windows 7, but I have a Local Disc (D) with 2 Terabytes, but of course everything is going to Local Disc (C)

I would like all my Music/Music Vids going to my other hard drive, how do I redirect this, and pull the music over that I already ripped? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for the help..

Comments

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited November 2016
    Right-click on the Music folder. Select Properties.
    Click the Location tab. I think you have to select Move. You can enter the letter of your second drive and keep it named Music or whatever you want to call it.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    I figured it out, I was having a brain ****...

Thanks fellas..
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    I'd just toss it out the window and start over. Might be a bit crude and prehistoric way of doing it, but I have anger management issues. :)

Glad you got it figured out man, rock on...
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,010
    Larry, how do you like JRiver and the whole process of ripping to an external drive? It wont be long before I bite the bullet and get with the times.
  • Toolfan66
    Right now I'm loving it, I have ripped over 600 cd's in the last week, and using the JRiver remote app on my iPad makes it all worth it...

This is the deepest I have gone with a digital music server (PC) all weekend I have been kicking myself thinking why didn't I do this sooner... also I have owned my W4S Dac 2 for a couple years now with very little use, I actually almost sold it last year..

There is something to be said in having your entire music collection at your fingertips...

• Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    Amen, brother.

That's quite an accomplishment -- 600 CDs ripped in a week.

Have you been checking and "normalizing" the metadata as you go?
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• Toolfan66
    I have, I only had about 10 issues, and had to either manually put the data in, and or find the correct art work..
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    That's great.

I've had to do a lot more manual tagging, and I've had little luck with automatically retrieving the album art.

Probably, I just don't know what I'm doing! :/
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• machone
    machone Posts: 1,471
    Is there any way to rip two formats at the same time?
    Such as WAV for home use and MP3 for the auto.
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    machone wrote: »
    Is there any way to rip two formats at the same time?
    Such as WAV for home use and MP3 for the auto.

Think you can with the paid version of dbpoweramp
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • I recommend the paid version of dbPoweramp. Money well spent.
    Anthem MRX 510
    XBOX 360
    WD Live Media Streamer
    Totem Model 1 Signature L/R/C
    Totem Rainmaker surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD

Go Dolphins!
    B)
  • Yes you can have multiple formats of a single album with Jriver.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant