Question about 8" woofer

timber0472
timber0472 Posts: 5
edited November 2016 in Car Subwoofer Talk
Hey guys I'm a newb so forgive this odd question but I have a 8" dvc polk sub that is going in a harley tourpak. I have it in a subwoofer box now but I was curious if it needs to be in a box. I understand that if it's out in the open that the required air space is necessary but the way I have it set up now is a box inside a box... Could I just build a small support for the sub since it's inside a "ported trunk?" Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• You won't get the most out of the subwoofer. Each sub is created to be put in a specific box with it you will get less than optimal performance and even might damage it. I would keep it in a box or get a low profile box at a minimum to keep performance up.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    I never understood the idea of trying to listen to music, on a motorcycle. The bike itself is far too noisy, and wearing a helmet limits sound a lot, and wind and being in the open limits it even more....