What are YOU buying on Black Friday/Cyber Monday?

Options
2»

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    Options
    Black Sabbath matters.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited November 2016
    Options
    B Run wrote: »
    My wife bought me the SVS SB12nsd today I'm stoked to get it in!
    WOW! Your my hero...please give the Mrs. a kiss. Tell her its from all the guys that catch Hell from their wives over this addiction...*#@%$$$$ I mean Hobby! :)

I'm about to attempt to sneak a 2nd sub in as an early gift to myself. I'm going to take a lump from my Mrs. I've already been warned to not jam myself up, as I did last year with my impulse LSiM purchase...when I was already sitting on a fresh set of Chanes. I'm like a bad stingy kid at Christmas! :wink:

2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • Jay's Radio
    Options
    I took advantage of Music Directs 3yrs no interest offer and purchased a Marantz SA-11S3 SACD Player.
  • B Run
    B Run Posts: 1,888
    Options
    WLDock wrote: »
    B Run wrote: »
    My wife bought me the SVS SB12nsd today I'm stoked to get it in!
    WOW! Your my hero...please give the Mrs. a kiss. Tell her its from all the guys that catch Hell from their wives over this addiction...*#@%$$$$ I mean Hobby! :)

Maybe, she's still "shopping" for her present from me so we'll see how much it ends up actually costing lol. Either way I'm stoked to get it!
  • oldmodman
    Options
    Got a Cobra Jet Grill Emblem.
    And a pair of JBL Subs. 2 X 18" 4642A Nearly perfect condition cabinets. Speakers themselves are as new. $400.00 And the guy has another seven sets!
    9vgqjdzbckml.jpg
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    Ok, I just bought a new SSD (samsung 850 @ $79 and 4gb of ram to upgrade my wife's aged iMac. You would think DDR2 would be free by now....nope!

After a couple of days of research into this upgrade just makes me despise Apple as a company even more. Thankfully, she had the version prior to needing yet another Apple proprietary cable ($40) to make this work. Wow!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options
    SVS SB-NSD & an iPod mini 2. Taking the home setup in a slightly different direction ;)
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    Bit the bullet and ordered the two Dayton Ultimax 18" subwoofer drivers for the built-in subs for our HT. Not a stellar price reduction, but the best price I've seen. They were on sale for $260 a piece (down from $289 regularly). They also had a Black Friday coupon for $50 off $500, so I ended up getting the two drivers (free shipping too) for $470.

I guess I know what my winter project is now...! B)
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    Insteon products and Amazon Echo products to automate most of the lighting, garage door and thermostat in the house. Also to prep for the theater build which will be all voice controlled for lighting and climate control.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • halo
    Options
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    You crack me up Rick, you buy gear listen to it, sell to fund motorcycle season, ride the cycle, till it gets cold and buy gear for the winter...I like your style ;)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    Options
    Nice Rick real nice those are gorgeous enjoy them.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Damn that finish competes with my Dyn Confidence.
    I also like like the Wharefdale sound...lot of bang for your buck
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • halo
    Options
    Those are really gorgeous! Enjoy!!
  • B Run
    B Run Posts: 1,888
    Options
    Very nice. Def interested to hear what you think, congrats man.
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    edited December 2016
    Options
    They look great! Curious to hear your remarks, as I have only heard the Diamonds.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • halo
    edited December 2016
    Options
    @Rick88 - My wife is quite fond of reminding me that you never know who's watching you and what you do or the impact you are having on others.

In this case, I'm glad you found something that fits the bill and at such a great price it's a win-win!

There will always be something else on the horizon for an audio enthusiast like me. I'm very happy with the current setup that I have but I would like to move up the Dynaudio line eventually and secure a more powerful McCormack amp when I do so I can drive them sufficiently.

I just bought 2 tickets to AXPONA 2017 so I will try to visit manufacturers that I didn't get to see last year. I may pay a visit to ELAC to tell AJ how disappointed I am with his Uni-Fi series.

I don't see myself purchasing anything else unless I come across an amazing deal on some X34 or X38 floorstanding speakers. I cannot afford to get the Confidence C1 Platinum speakers I'm really after. lol.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    Yay!....my noise makers are in. Wanted a dremel and oscillating tool for a while. The 3rd, I have no idea what to do with it as I already have a corded & cordless skillsaws. Oh well....time to play the "Garage Project Overture in C minor".

Audio purchase!

o54tcuj4pz1a.jpg
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • JimKellyfan
    Options
    Dell Inspirion 13 2 in 1 5000 series 635 on Dells site w/tax, 2016 MS office student 94.99 on Amazon and a case also amazon for 22 bucks for the wife. I got two Uniroyal GTZ tires, couple small tools for work, dehumidifier for shed (broken by fed ex) and am at a crossroads over which keyboard to get and have done nothing on that as yet. Have an Yamaha NP-12 budget wanted to spend (180), but an Korg B1 appetite (500). B)
    Onkyo TX-NR636
    Main - polkaudio Monitor 60's
    Center - polkaudio CSI A6
    Sub - polkaudio PSW10
    Sub2 - polkaudio PSW505
    Surrounds - polkaudio Monitor 40 series II
    Front Height - polkaudio Monitor 40's
    Audio Outdoors
    Pioneer VSX 406 - polkaudio Atrium 5
    Shed
    Sony junker str-dn2010 with Sony bookshelf floor models and polkaudio R150's
    Shed 2
    Nakamichi soundbar
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    Sold my Monitor 10a's for $250. Bought a pair of Vermont Cherry LsiM 703's on black Sunday sale on Adorama for $699.00 w no tax and FS. I got a listen to two years ago when this site let me listen a pair at my house. Been thinking about them ever since. Perfect fit for my smaller living room set up .(. LsiM 703, Marantz SR6001, Parasound 2125, PS4, Sony C222ES CD player ,Belkin conditioner. Sound great so far. Very happy. Wife is Kool w the smaller footprint than the 10a's. Merry Christmas. ylosdqypr75o.jpg
    m6av93o2guje.jpg
    girttol6ck2d.jpg
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • halo
    Options
    @Dabutcher - love the stand matching the speakers! Congrats!