Help please!

I recently picked up NHT Absolute Zeros 71 Hz low end, and am using a new NAD C 326BEE. These sound great, but I wanted to fill out the sound with a passive sub (no outlet). Enter the Polk RM1000w. Will this work? What is the best wiring? Do I need a high pass filter?

Best Answers

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Answer ✓
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. It is difficult to successfully integrate a passive woofer with another set of satellite speakers besides the ones that were originally part of the design. The reason for this is that the NHT speakers will have a different sensitivity than the original Polk RM2000 satellites. There's no easy way to adjust the output of the RM1000 without adding a separate amplifier.
    As far as the wiring, there's only a right and left full range speaker level signal capability for the RM1000. My advice is to consider a self-powered subwoofer for that task, there are many available at reasonable prices.
    Regards, Ken
  • zarrdoss
    zarrdoss Posts: 2,562
    edited November 2016 Answer ✓
    Agreed, NHT makes some really nice powered subwoofers. Any powered sub will work though. Just make sure it has controls for frequency and volume, its nice to have phase as well and speaker level inputs. Some just have volume only and require only a LFE input signal.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    edited November 2016 Answer ✓
    A lot of powered subwoofers have high level inputs and outputs. You connect your regular speaker wire to the subwoofer then from the subwoofer to your speakers.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Answer ✓
    With Polk's subwoofers you don't have to have a sub out to operate them. They can do a fine job with a right and left speaker wire connection.

Answers