Problem with 5.25" driver (New Polk TSX110B)

Hello guys, how are you?

I´ve sent an email to polkcs@polkaudio.com for this issue... I also write this here since I´ve read some answer from customer support as well.

A friend of mine was on a business trip on another country and I asked him to buy the Polk TSX110B speakers for me, since I want to build my Home Theater with this brand. Long time fan.

So, my friend arrived a couple days ago and yesterday I tried this speakers with my receiver (Yamaha RX-V377).

Problem is, the 5 1/4" Driver from one of the speakers is not working (sounds VEEEERY low), only the tweeter works correctly. Tried different cables, tried wiring the working speaker to that Receiver connection and works, so the receiver is OK.

Lastly, I removed the 5 1/4" driver that was not working from the speaker and connected it to the working one (removed that driver too, swapped them) and still not working, so the problem is the driver itself.

This was bought on another country so I know there is no warranty, maybe. But since I want to keep the original sound quality I would like to replace this driver with an original Polk one.

I was wondering if Polk maybe can sell me a replacement driver for this new speakers.

Thank you very much for your help.

Comments