Adding Bluetooth to non-Bluetooth devices?

Options
WTS
WTS Posts: 170
Is there a Bluetooth (or other) device to add to headphones or active speakers equipped with a 3.5mm jack, to allow a Bluetooth device to communicate with them wirelessly?

I plan to buy an iPhone 7 soon. As you know, Apple eliminated the 3.5mm phone jack.

I have at least two devices that I'd like to use with the iPhone that use the 3.5mm phone jack: a pair of AR Active Partners speakers, and Grado headphones.

One solution is the Apple Lightning to 3.5mm adapter.

Is there a Bluetooth solution, that's good enough to be worth implementing?

My searches haven't turned up anything useful, but I may not be searching correctly.

Comments

• seabeerob213
    Options
    Google blutooth transmitter, lots of them.
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,387
    Options
    There is a Blackberry "GATEWAY" sold on amazon. Does just what you want for about 60 or so.
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    Chromecast audio on the powered speakers download BubbleUPnp for the iPhone. You can plug the headset into the chromecast also. Not so portable since it needs power but you can power the chromecast with a battery.

Theres probably a lot more simple solutions out there.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • littlewoodboats
    Options
    http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/btr100.html This might work. The Outlaw audio forum has a decent Q&A section where you can find info or call Outlaw. $39.00 with free shipping