Can I install sub to 04 maxima factory

Just wondering if I could install a small compact sub in my 04 maxima that of course has Bose with amp and also sub but I just need a little more thump.

Answers

• codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Can't be wholly sure about that. I have been told before that if a bose system is installed it needs an extra $100 or so part to be able to customize.

Could be right...could not be but that is what my local car audio shop states.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • cyoung
    cyoung Posts: 2
    Thank you. Do u happen to know what that part is?
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Try contacting Crutchfield
    There usually is a special harness for Bose auto conversions
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • All you need is like a $20 part from eBay to take line level inputs from one of your speaker wire to go to a sub amp.