Do we have any vegans in the house?

124»

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Ok first thing I have done since posting is cut out all sugar. Not only the pop is cut out but even thinks like liquid fruit that punches in your liver with a sugar rush. I can say that this has been super hard to do and when the wife's asleep I am tempted to run out to the gas station for those lovely snashters! Still reading a ton of literature and it's very confusing to take in as there is many conflicting opinions on the subject.

I really don't think there is too much conflicting info. Sugar, pretty much everyone agrees is a killer to your body, and it's in everything. It's an addictive substance along the lines of Cocaine. Still, I love it at times in desserts or ice cream.

I cut out soda, or at least limited it from way back when I was a kid. Always preferred fresh squeezed juice, not the sugary store bought junk from concentrate.

If you try to go to extremes, your going to fail in your quest. Going cold turkey with anything usually results in failure. Work your way slowly, make your goals realistic. Once you see the smaller steps are achievable, it motivates you more.

Everyone has different needs, different bodies and genetic makeup that responds to things differently. Some suggestions may or may not work for you and that's why you might find some conflicting advice. It's not that the advice is wrong, just wrong for your body type/lifestyle/ or genetic makeup. Takes a bit of trial and error, setting realistic and achievable goals.

Judging from that pic, your belly isn't bad but I'd go with my original thought....build some muscle. More muscle, more fat burning goes on in the body. Muscle too weighs more than fat so an extra 20-30 lbs of muscle on that skinny frame would work wonders for you imho.

You can't build muscle without protein though, so adjust your diet .Don't cut out the eggs either, they are a good source for adding muscle.

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • seabeerob213
    seabeerob213 Posts: 1,840
    The more you work on your muscles, you'll help your body with testosterone levels, which will help minimize pfb get up for work. Also, work on your mental state, and no that's not a mean joke. Talk out your stress and anxiety, work on communication. If you're using tobacco products, stop.

On a lighter note, it all the emf from all his gear, he needs to swith all his cables to shielded cables, we all do, hour manhood is at risk. And for our esteemed female colleagues here, you may want to get checked to see if it's doing good you any harm, out of site out of mind doing you know, so it may have slipped your mind. Hurry people, before we're all like him, thenot they will have to call this club pfb
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    he needs to swith all his cables to shielded cables, we all do, hour manhood is at risk.

Aren't shielded cables shielding the cable from outside interference getting into the cable, not containing interference from getting out into the room?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • tonyb
    That's a new one on me....our manhood is at risk from unshielded cables ? That explains the baby boom of the 40- 50's when shielded cables wasn't even talked about. :)

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Hopefully I can loose fat and add some muscle to balance. My body is skinny but my belly is chubby. Here is a belly shot, of my right now and will post another in six weeks to show the world the power of veganism!

Damn, are you Joey's twin? Not a hair on your freakin' body...

Well at least it's not another pic of him sitting on the toilet with his tablet

That Sir, was a classic and anyone who viewed that pic certainly lost a few hundred brain cells in the process. lol
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    edited October 2016
    Lots of great advice here pfb. I'll stress that I'd agree going Vegan may slim your mid-section, but at your height/weight, that's not a good way to do it (dropping any more weight that is). You can tone your 'belly' AND put in weight/muscle.

Do some planks man - works wonders for your abs & obliques. A good strong core helps with back pain as well. Eat a sensible diet (good fats like avocados, olive oil, eggs for fuel and protein for muscle). Be careful not to overdo it on massive amounts of protein with low carbs though.

A good mental state is crucial too. Good luck and stay positive...!
  • tonyb
    edited October 2016
    scubalab wrote: »

A good mental state is crucial too. Good luck and stay positive...!

Good mental state ?? You know where your at....right ? Nobody on this forum has experienced a good mental state in decades. ;)

42539vgu4gda.jpg

.......and I kinda like it that way. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • seabeerob213
    seabeerob213 Posts: 1,840
    The more you work on your muscles, you'll help your body with testosterone levels, which will help minimize pfb get up for work. Also, work on your mental state, and no that's not a mean joke. Talk out your stress and anxiety, work on communication. If you're using tobacco products, stop.

On a lighter note, it all the emf from all his gear, he needs to swith all his cables to shielded cables, we all do, hour manhood is at risk. And for our esteemed female colleagues here, you may want to get checked to see if it's doing good you any harm, out of site out of mind doing you know, so it may have slipped your mind. Hurry people, before we're all like him, thenot they will have to call this club pfb

Sorry for the typos folks, not used to the new tablet, and it needs to learn me too, autocorrect is slow on the uptake.
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • . . . man, this is a tough crowd :)
    VTL ST50 w/mods / RCA6L6GC / TlfnknECC801S
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 w/mods
    TT Conrad Johnson Sonographe SG3 Oak / Sumiko LMT / Grado Woodbody Platinum / Sumiko PIB2 / The Clamp
    Musical Fidelity A1 CDPro/ Bada DD-22 Tube CDP / Conrad Johnson SD-22 CDP
    Tuners w/mods Kenwood KT5020 / Fisher KM60
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    Herbies Ti-9 / Vibrapods / MIT Shotgun AC1 IEC's / MIT Shotgun 2 IC's / MIT Shotgun 2 Speaker Cables
    PS Audio Cryo / PowerPort Premium Outlets / Exact Power EP15A Conditioner
    Walnut SDA 2B TL /Oak SDA SRS II TL (Sonicaps/Mills/Cardas/Custom SDA ICs / Dynamat Extreme / Larry's Rings/ FSB-2 Spikes
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,374
    Too f-ing funny!
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    87ti0a94630m.jpg

LOL!
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • tonyb
    LOL....I'd recommend the hardware store around the corner, they sell bird food, have at it.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • The use of fibers allows you to instantly get thicker hair and completely change appearance in 30 seconds. Fibers consist of pure organic protein. They are almost invisible and resistant to wind and rain. You can easily wash it off with water. Keratin fibers are made from a natural material, identical to natural hair. Hair fiber reviews are very positive.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    arnituos wrote: »
    The use of fibers allows you to instantly get thicker hair and completely change appearance in 30 seconds. Fibers consist of pure organic protein. They are almost invisible and resistant to wind and rain. You can easily wash it off with water. Keratin fibers are made from a natural material, identical to natural hair. Hair fiber reviews are very positive.

There are only two days in your life that are not 24 hours long. I hope today is one of them.
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    arnituos wrote: »
    The use of fibers allows you to instantly get thicker hair and completely change appearance in 30 seconds. Fibers consist of pure organic protein. They are almost invisible and resistant to wind and rain. You can easily wash it off with water. Keratin fibers are made from a natural material, identical to natural hair. Hair fiber reviews are very positive.

May the Keratin be with you, now GTFO
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    Wow this thread is bizarre to say the least.
    BUT I know a thing or 2 about Vegan diets and getting older and making some changes what will help anyone live a healthier lifestyle.

1) SUGAR - You don't need to cut it out of your life but you do need to reduce it. Soda is horrible for you and thats where I would start. If you drink let's say 7 to 9 sodas a week or more, reduce it to maybe 3 to 5. Space them out and don't have one back to back. If you enjoy a Coke with a meal, have one but just 1. Don't have them through out the day.
    Also If you drink Coffee limit the amount of sugar you use per cup. If you use 2 to 3 teaspoons of sugar, cut 1 teaspoon out. Over time you will enjoy you coffee more with less sugar in it. OR you can switch to locally grown honey. Honey has way more benefits than sugar does. Honey has a lot of sugar in it so limit it's use to 1 teaspoon per cup of coffee.
    Candy Cakes Breakfast cereal use sparingly. Reduce these in your diet but you don't have to remove them.

2) PASTA - Pasta is something easily replaced with other things like Butternut squash and vegetable pasta. This will also make a big difference in your life. Also I suggest cutting down on American Italian food all together especially Pizza. Again don't remove it just reduce the usual amount you eat.

3) BREAD - for me this is a hard one but reducing the amount of bread you eat will greatly effect your overall health. Cut white bread out completely if possible and switch to a healthier choice.

4) MEAT- I don't agree with a Plant only based diet. I think it's way to hard to get right and most people get sick die or devople some serious health problems with the Vegan diet is done wrong. It's the hardest diet to get right. You really have to pay attention to everything you eat.
    You can reduce the amount of meat you eat by cutting way down on processed meat. Like Mcdonnalds and other fast food places. If you can cut them out of your life that would be a huge benefit BUT once in a while will not hurt you at all. Getting a Mig Mac once a Month will have no effect on your overall health. Once a week or every other day could possible kill you.
    Eating grass fed or wild meats are the best. Animals eating and living they way they are intended to is what provides the best meats. Factory farmed meat is also pretty bad.

5) Processed foods - This is an area you want to cut way down. OR if you can avoid as much as possible.

6) Water - Replace most of your daily drinks with Water. This will effect your skin and most functions of your life. You will be surprised how much overall you feel better when you drink mostly water.

7) Sleep - get more of it period.

Changing your lifestyle growing up in the USA is extremely hard. Our life is based around Cereal Pizza Beer burgers fries and fast food etc and changing to a organic real food diet is extremely hard. I don't care what anyone say's it's hard. For years I have been slowly moving in this direction and I get the same reaction as you did wanting to sneak out and get something bad. You know it's bad but you want it for with draw reasons. This is way you shouldn't go on a Vegan diet or any other completely elimination style diet. You can't follow them and you usually end up binging and then going right back where you started. I know I have been down these roads many times.
    I would seek out a Nutritionist that has a very good rating in your area. Doctors are not the best place to go for this. They are trained to heal not for health.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Polkitup2
    Polkitup2 Posts: 1,619
    I met this woman today who said she recognized me from a vegan group, but I'd never met herbivore.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Im a vagiterian...
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,635
    I like vegetables with my steak. If there are no fresh vegetables available, I substitute with more brew.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    I eat moose
    Randy/Maine
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,965
    I think @treitz3 was thinking of becoming vegan
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Nope, no vegans here :D
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    If you have an argument with a vegan can you still call it a beef?
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • Man didn't fight and claw his way to the top of the food chain just to eat veggies.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    I eat lots of vegetables. They go great with meat or fish.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.