Need help setting up my Polk PSW10 Sub

I am connected two micca bookshelf speakers to this sub using the copper wiring, and when I used more to attack the sub to an amplifier, it played fine. However, that was not my amp and I only have a preamp, and I am trying to connect it to this (Tube MP Project Series Professional Microphone & Instrument Tube Preamplifier). I have a double RCA to 1/4 cable, running from the L/R connections on the sub to the output of my preamp, but nothing is playing. Where am I going wrong?

To be clear: My phone is connected via aux to the input of the preamp. My preamp's output is connected to the sub via dual RCA cables to the L/R outlets. My Sub is connected to my speakers through copper wiring.

Comments

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Okay I am not sure what you are doing, but I will take a stab: what speakers are YOU running? If they are not powered will NOT get sound without an amp.

Second, if you want to use the speaker level inputs and outputs, you must use them both to get output. You can't use the low level (rca) input and then the high-level (speaker cable) output. That wasn't work. But I think should get sound out of the sub this way. But you WONT get sound out of the,speakers unless they are powered monitors, and only then if hare only using the speaker level inputs and outputs.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    You can't run your setup on only a preamp, you need an amplifier.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,706
    In addition, I suggest you stop attacking your sub with copper wiring as it may turn on you when you expect it least.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk