Polk surroundbar 2000 dropping out

I recently noticed the soundbar volume was dropping out when watching my Samsung smart TV it is connected to via the optical cable. It was not responding to remote commands to turn it off and after hitting the power button on top of the bar it would come back on by itself a few seconds later. So I disconnect the power supply from the soundbar and got a new remote battery a few days later. Plugged the power supply back in last night and the remote seemed to work, as did the soundbar. But a few minutes later, more drop-outs. Now, when I power it down with the button on top, I get flashing lights at the learn button and the power button. No response to remote commands at all.

I've only had this thing for a little over a year.

What's up with that?

Comments

• Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. Let me refer this to Polk's CS guys for suggestions.
    Regards, Ken
  • Try resetting the bar by pressing "Learn" on the front of the bar for 5 seconds while it is off and in the red standby mode. If this does not correct the problem then return the bar to our service department for repair.
    After the bar is reset you will need to reprogram the TV IR remote to the bar.

The address for the service center is:
    Polk Audio, One Viper Way, Vista, CA 92081-7853.
    Include a short note with your name, address, daytime telephone number,
    description of the problem, along with a copy of your receipt.
    We recommend shipping it using UPS or FedEx.
  • BRO931
    BRO931 Posts: 4
    Thanks Kim. When I plugged the power to the soundbar, the 0/1 light was amber and the source 1 light was lit (blue). I hit the 0/1 button and it did go to standby (red). After I pressed "Learn" and held it for a few seconds, the red light flickered, then was on solid again. Hitting the power on the remote did turn it on and it appears to be working again. No drop-outs yet anyway.
  • BRO931
    Well, that didn't last long. In a few minutes, it started ignoring remote commands. Not only that, when I push the power button to turn it off, it comes right back on. I'm not using any other remotes and nothing has changed in the house as far as wireless communications. I think this thing is toast, and after only 16 months.
  • BRO931
    What's the warranty on a Polk Surroundbar 2000? The owners manual starts by saying that speakers are 3 years, but then all amplifier electronics are 1 year. Do they warranty just he little speakers on these sound bars for 3 years and when the controlling electronics fail after only 1 year, you're SOL?
  • At this point it would be best to speak directly with Kim at 1-800-377-7655 extension 5208 first thing on Monday. Remind him that you are the person he replied to on CP. He'll take care of you.
  • I own 2 Polk 2000 Soundbars and a Polk 3000 soundbar and love them. However, one of my 2000's has had similar problems to what BRO931 is experiencing. It sometimes responds to the remote and manually pressing buttons and sometimes it doesn't. I bought it a couple few years ago and it worked great, had it programmed to my DirecTV remote but now, it randomly works or doesn't work. What are my options.
  • For anyone with the sound stopping, the voltage regulators are heating up too much and stop work. You need to replace both of them (AMS1117-3.3 or LM1117-3.3). I bought 5 of them off eBay for $1.99. Of course you will need to know how to solder or find someone that does. I also added heat sinks to them and drilled more holes in the metal cover to allow more air to circulate through.
  • I have a Soundbar 2000, its about 3 years old. It recently decided it didnt want to turn off, I unplugged it and plugged it back in, and now it wont turn off. Any suggestions?
  • Won't turn ON****