Biwiring Question

I had posted this question in the Electronics section and got no response. After looking (duh) I noticed this section dedicated to this type of question...who knew. I have a few sets of speakers that are biwirable and I also have a Marsh a200s amp that has dual outputs for biwiring. I don't recall ever seeing a set of biwire speakers that had dual amp ends as well as speaker ends. I would assume the amp designer felt there was some benefit to this set-up.

What's the thinking here? Do I run a risk of timing issues by trying to get two identical 8 foot runs and perhaps one being a tad shorter? Would it really make a difference? I'm really interested in trying this set-up, but, not sure whether I should try and order a set of biwire cables with dual amp and speaker ends, or, just getting 2 identical 8 ft speaker cables and hooking them up separately?

Any thoughts?

Comments

• mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Try it and see what sounds best to you. I use mono blocks in my 2 channel system. The manufacturer of the amp has two sets of binding posts, which in the Manual are recommended for bi-wiring. I only use one to minimize the extra wires. You won't notice timing issues if the length and gauge is roughly the same. Even if there was a few feet in difference I bet you wouldn't notice.

I would try generic cable first as an experiment before ordering more costly wire.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Mikey is correct if you want to try it, but have been just as happy investing in good pair of cables and good speaker jumpers

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    I think I need to reach out to Marsh and ask for clarification on their manual, which states they're for bi-wiring. I could also open the top and take a peak to see if I can gain any insight from that.
  • gurot1
    gurot1 Posts: 519
    edited August 2016
    kharp1 wrote: »
    I could also open the top and take a peak to see if I can gain any insight from that.
    Was pun intended?
    :smile:
    lsim705,lsim706c,lsif/x(4)+mc80(atmos)
    rti6,csi5,fxi5
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Lol, I'm not that smart!