Bottlehead Crack

191011121315»

Comments

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    I think it is a steal at that price Aaron, if I didnt have many head-phones including a crack I built I be interested.

It would be awesome for any 300 ohm headphones user's with Sennheisers :)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited July 2016
    For you Bottlehead types, Eros $150 off through July 31! $599, now that's a deal. Aaron, time to buy! Oh, and $50 off the Crack.

http://bottlehead.com/?product=eros-phono-preamplifier-kit

eros_phono_preamp1.jpg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Don't you know, Arron is out of the Crack game. He went for the harder stuff. IE, he's now Mainlining...
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • ALL212
    ALL212 Posts: 1,553
    B) I dood it... I dood it!!!

On to Eros!

>:)
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • voltz
    Rich you could sell me yours and build another one ;)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

• ALL212
    *waves hand at voltz* That is not the phono preamp you're looking for...

You need an ALL212 built Reduction with Integration upgrade. Give it a couple months.

I can justify having a bunch of headphone amps. Really going to be hard to justify having two phono pre's for 1 TT.
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • mrbiron
    Not if you buy a 2nd TT.
  • ALL212
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Not if you buy a 2nd TT.

LOL...that's not helping... :p
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    ALL212 wrote: »
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Not if you buy a 2nd TT.

LOL...that's not helping... :p

Depends on your definition of "helping" :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • SCompRacer
    voltz wrote: »

With or without the base? Oh wait, then I'd have to start over.... : 0
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    So, this is a phono pre?
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • SCompRacer
    edited July 2016
    halo wrote: »
    So, this is a phono pre?

The Crack is headphone, the Eros and mentioned Reduction with Integration upgrade are phono pre amps. This is my Eros with upgraded aftermarket Wisconsin grown crotch walnut base. From Arron's pops property. It sounds wunnerful....and the walnut with hand rubbed Tung oil finish changes with different lighting. Never get tired of looking at it. It has some fine tubes in it.

bh_eros_13a.jpg

bh_eros_10.jpg

This was my first attempt at making base...a song from the Ohio players comes to mind...;)

eros_funny.jpg
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited July 2016
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    halo wrote: »
    So, this is a phono pre?

The Crack is headphone, the Eros and mentioned Reduction with Integration upgrade are phono pre amps. This is my Eros with upgraded aftermarket Wisconsin grown crotch walnut base. From Arron's pops property. It sounds wunnerful....and the walnut with hand rubbed Tung oil finish changes with different lighting. Never get tired of looking at it. It has some fine tubes in it.

bh_eros_13a.jpg

I remember the last Eros you owned (because I owned them too!)...

eros_zpsi6up2qbm.jpeg

372_5_big_zpskpsn7q6c.jpg

:)

Not for nothing but that walnut base is beautiful
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • voltz
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    voltz wrote: »

With or without the base? Oh wait, then I'd have to start over.... : 0

You know your base is almost priceless! Fantastic job on it KUDOS!!

• voltz
    edited August 2016
    Aaron

if you do think about building a Eros I will probably be interested in your phono amp :)

Now i really like my Vincent one I currently use, but for my full range speakers setup with Omega 7 speakers i have a dared monoblocks and dared tube preamp that would like your phono amp. plus I may someday want to replace with Bottlehead monoblocks and/or integrated amp and then again the bottle phono amp would be a nice secondary setup :)

my goal being DIY speakers i already made + DIY amp + DIY preamp + DIY Phono amp!

• ALL212
    Oh...there's no thinking! Now it's just waiting...

4 to 6 weeks before it shows up. Then I put "the master plan" in place. B)
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • ALL212
    The Crack is currently on Sale at BH.

Crack alone is $199 (normally $299) + shipping and stuff
    Crack + Speedball is $299 (normally $414) + shipping and stuff

Get 'em while their hot!!
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    Last I knew, the Stereomour and the Reduction were on sale, too.
    Just sayin'.

• mrbiron
    i just dusted off my crack *snicker* the other day...
    I'm waiting for a sale on the Seductor.
  • voltz
    edited March 2017
    "no mås" I hate soldering, but love their kits!

• mhardy6647
    I like to solder -- nothin' like a little lead vapor to stimulate the senses.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I like to solder -- nothin' like a little lead vapor to stimulate the senses.

Heavy flux is a rush.
  • mhardy6647
    I love the smell of flux in the morning.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Flux you, Perfesser.....
  • mrbiron
    huh....i didn't use an ounce of flux on my dusty crack.
    Is this a fluxing problem?! :o
  • mhardy6647
    These last couple of flux posts are flummoxing me.
    Yes -- flummoxing flux.

Flux-Capacitor.jpg
  • ALL212
    Something else you can use your Crack for - it makes a great pre-amp!

Make sure everything but the power amp is on, volume down and warmed up before you power the amp up.

You'll need a cable:

efnarcg0pvan.jpg
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire