MIT cable configuration

Options
I currently have a full MIT cable system (CVT-2).

I recently purchased a new amplifier that takes a balanced connection but my IC cables are RCA.

To utilize the full MIT synergy can I mix a new line of MIT cables (AVT) into the works?

Comments

• honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    Options
    No reason why you can't
    You could always ask MIT
    I have several different MIT cables of different generations in my system.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,079
    Options
    All the generations and types are designed to run best with each other, not mix and match. Shotgun I/C's with Shotgun speaker cables, etc.

Up to you to mix and match. I'd try and find CVT balanced if it were me.

I'm in the same situation wanting to find some Shotgun balanced cables.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • acmf74
    acmf74 Posts: 936
    Options
    Thanks.

MIT just got back to me and they recommended these:

http://www.mitcables.com/available-in-stores/styleline-sl-6-xlr-interconnect.html

I will try to locate the same line I have or may need a RCA to CAMAC adapter route to keep the same cable.
  • acmf74
    Options
    There is a pair of Balanced MIT AVT Proline XLR cables for sale.

These cables don't have the network boxes. Can anyone comment on these cables or have used them in the past?
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,079
    Options
    A big step down from the CVT line. You want the network boxes. Don't just buy something to plug a hole so to speak, get what you need, it will be much better in the long run, imho

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • acmf74
    Options
    That's what I was thinking thanks!