What's wrong with my SR5250 crossover?

I have no idea what it's called but my copper looking spiral "thing" is loose. See video below.

http://vid37.photobucket.com/albums/e52/vitalpics/Mobile Uploads/IMG_4521_zpsimkx1nz0.mp4

2008 Nissan Altima
Kenwood DNX 5140
Arc Audio IDX and XEQ
Polk Audio SR6500 active and SR124-dvc sealed
Polk Audio PA500.4 and PA1200.1

Comments

• Vital
    Vital Posts: 747
    Video quality on my comp is pretty ****, I guess photobucket compresses the hell out of it.

In short - I was taking pics of SR5250 for a possible sale and noticed this. Both spirals are connected to main board but seems like glue that was keeping them together got loose at some points. So now spirals one of the the x-overs are partially loose and....well you can see it on the video.

What's going on here?
    Is it fixable? Conductive glue of sort? Junk it alltogether/non-fixable?

I also have an extra set of SR6500 I could give the guy instead but not sure if 5250 and 6500 x-overs are the same. Most likely he will not be using tweeters as these speakers will go in the back door so it's only woofer's cut-off frequencies I'm concerned about. Then again if he ever wants to re-sell it in the future I'm sure SR5250 x-overs with SR5250 speakers will be easier sell for him......

So yeah.... anyone knows what's going on here? And how to fix it?
    2008 Nissan Altima
    Kenwood DNX 5140
    Arc Audio IDX and XEQ
    Polk Audio SR6500 active and SR124-dvc sealed
    Polk Audio PA500.4 and PA1200.1
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Those appear to be coils and as long as they are connected to the printed circuit board all you need do is use a small amount of hot melt glue to hold them to the plastic frame. You could also telephone Polk's CS department and ask about buying a replacement crossover, mention your CP membership for a reduced price. 1-800-377-7655