surroundbar 6000 subwoofer loses connection

gscratchpa
gscratchpa Posts: 3
edited May 2014 in Troubleshooting
I posted this is "subwoofers" and got replies, so I'll try it here

My Surroundbar 6000 is about two years old. It has worked well up until the past week or so.

The subwoofer appears to lose (wireless) connection at random. The indicator light goes to red or to flashing green. Sometimes powering the subwoofer off and on fixes it. Sometimes powering the sound bar off and on fixes it
I have not moved the positions of the sound bar or the subwoofer.

Any ideas?

If this has been answered, I apologize; please point me to it. I didn't find anything with a search of this forum.

Thanks

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote
Post edited by gscratchpa on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited March 2014
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. Let's try switching the on/off rocker switches for both the SB and the sub and then unplug the AC power cord for the sub and unplug the power supply from the SB. Then wait a few minutes and reconnect the power supply and the AC power cord, then return the on/off switches to the "on" position.
    Let us know if this makes any changes.
    Regards, Ken
  • SL-Tex
    SL-Tex Posts: 3
    edited March 2014
    gscratchpa wrote: »

My Surroundbar 6000 is about two years old. It has worked well up until the past week or so.

The subwoofer appears to lose (wireless) connection at random. The indicator light goes to red or to flashing green. Sometimes powering the subwoofer off and on fixes it. Sometimes powering the sound bar off and on fixes it

Any ideas?

If this has been answered, I apologize; please point me to it. I didn't find anything with a search of this forum.

Thanks

Very interesting in that I just suffered the exact same problem this week, with my roughly two year old SurroundBar 6000.

As I sit here, my sound bar synch is flashing green, as is my subwoofer, and never the twain shall hookup! I have tried every combination of turning the sound bar off, turning the subwoofer off, replacing the battery in the remote.

This is quite a hassle, as I had to disassemble my entire entertainment center to get at all the controls, etc.

Let me know when you get a response.

SL-Tex
  • lleichtman
    lleichtman Posts: 1
    edited March 2014
    SL-Tex wrote: »
    Very interesting in that I just suffered the exact same problem this week, with my roughly two year old SurroundBar 6000.

As I sit here, my sound bar synch is flashing green, as is my subwoofer, and never the twain shall hookup! I have tried every combination of turning the sound bar off, turning the subwoofer off, replacing the battery in the remote.

This is quite a hassle, as I had to disassemble my entire entertainment center to get at all the controls, etc.

Let me know when you get a response.

SL-Tex

Same problem here. I have tried shutting down and re-syncing the system. No luck. Nothing was changed in the room over the last 2 years so don't know why I'm suddenly having this issue. Started with repeated loud rumbling from the subwoofer, then intermittent sync, now no sync.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2014
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum, sorry you're having a problem. From your description it would be best to telephone Polk's CS guys at 1-800-377-7655 first thing tomorrow. Have the unit's serial numbers and date and place of purchase when you call.
    Polk will get things working correctly for you.
    Regards, Ken
  • gscratchpa
    gscratchpa Posts: 3
    edited March 2014
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum, sorry you're having a problem. From your description it would be best to telephone Polk's CS guys at 1-800-377-7655 first thing tomorrow. Have the unit's serial numbers and date and place of purchase when you call.
    Regards, Ken

Thanks for all the replies. Naturally, as soon as I got replies here, the problem has disappeared, so I won't bother Support at this point. but I will keep the contact info, jic.

Glen
  • SL-Tex
    edited May 2014
    Hello,
    Regards, Ken

And we did not solve it. So I gave up for a few weeks, but then this weekend at the recommendation of the Polk Audio CS folks, I took the subwoofer apart, checked all the internal electronic connections, and tried to sync again. All I see is the flashing green, so am assuming the bluetooth communication has malfunctioned. So, what do I do now? I wish Polk Audio would just send me a new subwoofer and keep their good name in my mind.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2014
    Hello,
    It would be best to telephone Kim Jasper at 1-800-377-7655 extension 208, I'm sure he can be of help. He should be there on Monday morning.
    Regards, Ken
  • SL-Tex
    edited May 2014
    OK Ken, I did put a call in to Kim and left a phonemail message. Thanks. I see that the warranty is actually three years on subwoofers, which I purchased 4/22/2011 so is still in warranty from date of first problem back in March. Will await his call.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2014
    Thanks for letting me know the status.
  • jayjenn
    jayjenn Posts: 1
    I have a 6000 sound bar system and have been having issues with the sub losing connection with the soundbar. I have done all the power tricks and it will work for awhile then goes out. Is there a fix for this. Any help would be great
  • [Deleted User]
    Hello,
    I would recommend contacting Polk's CS department at 1-800-377-7655 they can help figure out what's going on.
    Regards, Ken
  • I'm having the same problem with my wireless sub losing connection. I know that my warranty has run out. What can I do to fix this?
  • Amazing in 2017 having the same problem. Does Polk never improve their products? I bought Polk as I thought it was a quality, reputable brand.
  • I'm having the same problem with my wireless sub losing connection. I know that my warranty has run out. What can I do to fix this?

Same here....life span of product is pretty short...
  • The best thing to do is contact Polk support via 1-800-377-7655 option 1 when calling. They'll want the serial number of the unit.
  • Hi, I have a Polk Audio SurroundBar 6000 Instant Home Theater system and the subwoofer speaker that came with it got lost when I moved. I found a Polk Audio 5000 Instant Home Theater subwoofer speaker being sold in the internet. Does anybody knows if the 5000 model will work with my 6000 model soundbar? I do not want to buy the 5000 model wireless subwoofer and then find out it does not connecto or work!
  • The best source for that kind of information will be 1-800-377-7655 option 1.
  • I have a polk 5500 sound bar with wireless sub. The sub keeps making a popping sound. I have moved it right next to the bar and 10ft away and it coninues to do it.
  • [Deleted User]
    Hello,
    Sorry there's a problem. As a test can you try moving your network router to another area of the room?
  • If you have a wireless router near either the sub or speaker try moving it farther away. Doing that made my sub stop popping because the router was interfering with the connection.
  • gscratchpa wrote: »

Any ideas?

Thanks

gscratchpa wrote: »

Any ideas?

Thanks

• polkaudiojan2022
    polkaudiojan2022 Posts: 2
    edited February 2022
    This is a pretty old system, but if any googles "audiopolk 6000 won’t sync" and reads this, maybe it will help. I pulled it out of my attic recently to see if it would still work. I tried all the suggestions here multiple times with no luck. Then "what if" I tried the sync button WHILE it was streaming sound. It worked immediately. Good luck. I'm using it as a speaker for music using a $50 Fosio bluetooth tuner to input the audio.