Resetting a Squeezebox Duet

kevhed72
kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
Customer service doesn't open until Monday and God forbid I wait....the unit doesn't find any wireless networks....we have 2 for some reason.....and I cannot enter the network ID or password manually. The wifi icon on the remote is red.....any ideas gents?

Comments

• Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    My SB Classic v3 has never been able to see my network, so I just put a network switcher in my rack and run it on Cat5 along with my Tivo that needed the cabling for HD content. Not easier, but faster and more reliable than Wifi in my house. I run it with iPhone app and it is instantaneous.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • kevhed72
    It's weird because the iPad and Android phone have no issue getting th signal in the room.....there must be some type of hard reset. I'm with you on the Cat5....I have it run to this room and to the HT and X Box stuff....but waiting for the boss to relocate her office w the routers to make those connections.
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,138
    i would pull the battery and or do a software update to the duet. I have 3 slims and 2 duets. One duet needs to be reset all the time. The slims are much more reliable. Software update first and then pull the battery.
  • kevhed72
    I will give it a try later......thx
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,138
    Someone mentioned this to me today. I am going to look into it. Suppose to replace the remote.

http://penguinlovesmusic.de/ipeng-the-iphone-skin-for-squeezecenter/
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    Customer service doesn't open until Monday and God forbid I wait....the unit doesn't find any wireless networks....we have 2 for some reason.....and I cannot enter the network ID or password manually. The wifi icon on the remote is red.....any ideas gents?

Odd. I currently have the same issue with one of my duet receivers - slow flashing red... Was googling for answers last night, but couldn't seem to come up with anything that worked yet. Arghhhh. Let us know if you get it working.
  • kevhed72
    Here are the contact numbers for the Squeezebox Duet and Slim. This has been the 2nd time I have called and they are top notch in terms of customer service. They had me reboot the remote first, then selecting the player once the remote had the white wifi icon changed from red. I can't recall the exact step but give them a call....they are very helpful.
    zo4djly58r7o.png
  • kevhed72
    Another helpful hint on the Squeezebox...we had a power outage today which caused the unit to "lose" the wfii signal. Hold down the HOME button and the PLUS button until the remote turns off. I believes doing so resets the unit. Then hold the two buttons down together again until the remote powers back up and....up and running with a white wifi icon on the remote (red icon bad....white icon good).
  • kevhed72
    OK....more info for the archives on resetting a Duet when you get the dreaded solid red or blinking red wifi icon on the actual unit. I left the remote off the charger with the unit "on" for too long and this seems to disconnect the unit (or remote) from the wifi signal. Here's what worked this time.
    1. Pull battery from remote and unplug unit from power.
    2. Put battery back in and plug unit back into power.
    3. Do a FACTORY RESET (under SETTINGS)
    4. Re select your wifi network and enter password
    5. Select the player model / serial number (there was only one option on mine)
    6. Red wifi icon of death should turn white on remote.
    7. While doing reset the wifi icon on unit turned blue, then back to white after reset was complete.

I'm sure I will be coming back to this thread again....at least until I get a deal on a Bluesound Node 2 or Aurilic Mini. If anyone out there is looking to sell one....drop me a line!
    Peace