Wall Brackets

Options
Against my better judgement I purchased another pair of 703's. I want to use these as replacements for my Lsi 7's that I use as my rear surround speakers in my HT set-up. The problem is the 7's set nicely on my shelves but the 703's will not fit at all. I am being forced to mount the 703's on the walls. Is there any wall mounts that, 1-can support the weight of the 703's, 2-look half way decent, 3-can be mounted to wall studs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• eclypse
    eclypse Posts: 595
    Options
    I've got a set that's like new that will work great. I've used the other pair for the past 4 years and still use them as I moved the 703s to front wides.

Might wana try a seach and you may find the thread on here.
    Full 5 channel set of Polk Audio
    Fronts - LSiM 705
    Center - LSiM 706c
    Sides - LSiM 703
    Mits WD-82842 82" DLP 3DTV
    Denon AVR-3313CI Receiver
    Emotiva stealth DC-1
    Emotiva XPA-2/Fronts XPA-3 Center-surrounds
    Oppo 103

Loving the new Family! :)
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    Options
    I have these mounts for a pair of LSi9's mounted on my wall. Not sure the dimensions of the 703's but see if these may work. I have them drilled into studs so they aren't going anywhere.

http://www.amazon.com/B-Tech-BT77-Ultragrip-Speaker-Black/dp/B004DCAOHK
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • eclypse
    Options
    I have the same ones for my 703s but there a matt black. They work but the side rails are made for square speakers and the 703s are curvy. I had to use foam pads on the sides to make it fit tight.. but I still screwed the speaker on from the bottom with the supplied scews. Sucked to do but I couldn't take a chance of one falling out. I've had it happen with an older model polk square heavy speaker.. I belive it was the rti38. It survived the fall but dinged up one corner a little.

Fronts - LSiM 705
    Center - LSiM 706c
    Sides - LSiM 703
    Emotiva stealth DC-1
    Oppo 103

• sgtmick63
    sgtmick63 Posts: 166
    Options
    I will check these out. They look like they might do the job, Thanks
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    Options
    I have the LSi9's and they are a bit curved too. There is no way I would drill into the speakers. I actually just ziptied through the power port and around the mounting plate brace and it hasn't moved at all in over 5 years. I also have the same mounts for my LSiFX's, but they have to clamp front to back instead of the sides.
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • eclypse
    Options
    shawn474 wrote: »
    I have the LSi9's and they are a bit curved too. There is no way I would drill into the speakers. I actually just ziptied through the power port and around the mounting plate brace and it hasn't moved at all in over 5 years. I also have the same mounts for my LSiFX's, but they have to clamp front to back instead of the sides.

That's smart.. though no such luck for the rti38. Right where the speaker fell is where my 2 year old plays with his train set on the train table. It actually smashed the side edge of the table. Thankfully it happend the same night I hung it while the kids where sleeping while I was wiring the speaker up to the amp.

When I swapped them out for the 703s I tried the sticky foam tape suggested on the side clamps and notice it was slipping out of the grip a few hours later. It's was either screws or nothing. Figured no one would ever see the holes since it's a bookself speaker. Either on a shelf,stand or wall mount the holes would be covered and did not drill threw.

Good idea though with the zip tie. If I would of thought of that I'd go with thick metal wire with a tie clamp.
    Fronts - LSiM 705
    Center - LSiM 706c
    Sides - LSiM 703
    Emotiva stealth DC-1
    Oppo 103

• gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    Options
    Cotytech Side Clamping Bookshelf Speaker Wall Mount SP-OS06

Go to Speakers page. Look for my RTi A3 wall mount thread. Hope you like the pics.

Tony
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work