Can there be more that one accepted answer to a question, and is there an order?

I'll answer as 1, 2, 3, 4, and accept as 2, 4, 1

Best Answers

Answers

• pkquat
    pkquat Posts: 742
    Accepted answers are in post order.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    A little too early in the morning to be this drunk.
  • JPete
    JPete Posts: 295
    woah
    Lexicon RT-10, Parasound P5, McCormack DNA 0.5, Polk SDA CRS+, SVS Sub
    Schiit Modi, Luminous Audio Axiom II, McCormack DNA-1, Digital Phase AP 2
    Marantz AV7701, Emotiva XPA-5, Paradigm 11se Mkii, DCM Time Windows, NHT 2C, SVS Sub

Spares - Kenwood C1 Pre, NAD 2200PE, Polk Monitor 10B, Polk Model 11, other odds and ends
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    That "answer" deal really screws up the flow of a thread. Another part of the nightmare known as Vanilla. Please don't use it.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    I hate the answer button

It throws you back up to the top of the thread :#
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    In with 16. Thanks!
  • pkquat
    pkquat Posts: 742
    F1nut wrote: »
    That "answer" deal really screws up the flow of a thread. Another part of the nightmare known as Vanilla. Please don't use it.

Agreed and noted for future questions. On some forums if you have more than one best answer it either only allows 1 or it puts the last one you selected to the top, and sometimes will not allow you to re-select an answer to change the order. They kept the original thread order and often put the thread post number with the answer.

I like that the best answer(s) are at the top, but not that vanilla re-orders the thread. Very poor design.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    The best answer as selected by the OP may very well not be the best answer and therefore someone else seeking information may be mislead. The "answer" button is a bad idea any way you look at it.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    I thought I was wrong once, but I was just mistaken.
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.