monitor 4

Options
krimney
krimney Posts: 44
edited October 2004 in Vintage Speakers
My uncle bought a pair of these for 5 bucks. he says one of the woofers is "stuck" doesn't move and no sound. I am wondering if this model uses the same mid/bass as the rest of the monitor series. From what I've been able to find the tweeter is a little different from say the model 10. I guess the 4 uses a SL1500 tweeter?? I'll probably trade him for a set of Minimus 7 and would like to fix the monitor 4 to go with the rest of my Polk stuff. I'll have to wait a week before I can actually see the speakers though.
So many speakers, so little time..
Post edited by krimney on

Comments

• Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited October 2004
    Options
    From the library's Parts List:
    Model....................Tweeter....Mid-Woofer..Replacement #
    M 4 SERIES 2..........SL1500......MW6502.......BE0400-B
    Mon 4A...................RD0202-1..MW6502......SEND FOR REPAIR
    Mon 4.....................SL1000......MW6500......SEND FOR REPAIR

So you can see, which Monitor 4 makes a difference.

Here's the link to the Part's Lists..
    http://clubpolk.polkaudio.com/service/models/
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • wlrandall
    wlrandall Posts: 440
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Definitely worth fixing in my book. I have a pair of the SIIs and listen to them all the time.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited October 2004
    Options
    How 'bout now? ..... Now?

krimney,
    Did not mention it earlier, but seems obvious that the MW's voice coil (VC) has seized.

To be sure of the proper replacement (or if you have to send it in) just pull it and look on the back. Should be a label with the driver's model number printed or stamped on the back.

wlr... NOW? ;)
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • krimney
    krimney Posts: 44
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Once I get a chance to look at them I'll know what model of speaker they are. I'll probably bide my time and wait until I find a parts unit.

I need to find a local buyer for some of my "big" POLK. They are not something I want to ship.
    So many speakers, so little time..
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Contact kswauger@polkaudio.com

He will let you know what is available.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.