SDA Playlist

Comments

• JPete
    JPete Posts: 295
    A few that I don't recall seeing in this thread.

John Scofield - A Go Go
    Steve Kimock - Eudemonic
    JJ Grey and Mofro - Orange Blossoms
    Bela Fleck and The Flecktones - 1990 self-titled album
    Black Keys - Brothers
    North Mississippi Allstars - Shake Hands With Shorty

The John Scofield album has a huge soundstage on my CRS setup.
    JJ Grey album is just extremely detailed and has some amazingly clear bass lines.
    Lexicon RT-10, Parasound P5, McCormack DNA 0.5, Polk SDA CRS+, SVS Sub
    Schiit Modi, Luminous Audio Axiom II, McCormack DNA-1, Digital Phase AP 2
    Marantz AV7701, Emotiva XPA-5, Paradigm 11se Mkii, DCM Time Windows, NHT 2C, SVS Sub

Spares - Kenwood C1 Pre, NAD 2200PE, Polk Monitor 10B, Polk Model 11, other odds and ends
  • And the list goes on and on and on and will never stop!
  • JPete
    JPete Posts: 295
    Gunther16 wrote: »
    And the list goes on and on and on and will never stop!

Do you want it to stop?
    Lexicon RT-10, Parasound P5, McCormack DNA 0.5, Polk SDA CRS+, SVS Sub
    Schiit Modi, Luminous Audio Axiom II, McCormack DNA-1, Digital Phase AP 2
    Marantz AV7701, Emotiva XPA-5, Paradigm 11se Mkii, DCM Time Windows, NHT 2C, SVS Sub

Spares - Kenwood C1 Pre, NAD 2200PE, Polk Monitor 10B, Polk Model 11, other odds and ends
  • Wings - Rockshow absolutely amazing!
  • Never stop I'm contributing. LOL Its getting hard to afford all this music though.
  • VSAT88
    VSAT88 Posts: 1,226
    Tour2ma wrote: »
    What's an "experiece"?

I'm starting an SDA comp disk list... Still auditioning, but some good candidates so far include:

Most any Pink Floyd DSOTM track w/ Money and Run...
    Led Zep - Led Zep I – Whole Lotta Love
    Yes - Fragile – Roundabout
    Dee-Lite - World Clique - Deep Ending
    The Cars – The Cars – Moving in Stereo
    Jimi Hendrix - Electric Ladyland - All Along the Watchtower
    INXS - Kick - Devil Inside
    David Bowie - Young Americans - Fame or Young Americans
    Supertramp - Even in the Quietest Moments - Fool's Overture
    The Tubes - The Tubes - What Do You Want From Life
    Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine - Terrible Lie or Sanctified
    PortisHead - Dummy - Wandering Star or Numb
    The Chambers Brothers - Time Has Come - Time Has Come Today
    The Who - Magic Bus - Magic Bus
    The Who - It's Hard - Emminence Front
    The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's

On Supertramp - Even in the Quietest Moments - Fool's Overture, I thought there was a bird in the house !
  • Not just SDA's, but any well set up quality system will shine with:

Gino Vanelli Powerful People (MFSL LP is unbeatable test material and is simply a great album start to finish)
    Checkfield. All of their titles.
    Ana Carem Brazilian
    Vynx All. Ya may not dig it but it will give you goosebumps on a good set up.
  • Sorry. Ana Carem is Amazonia.
  • Santana IV
    Power Amps: Luxman M-02, Luxman M-2000, Luxman M-300
    Preamps: Luxman CX-100, Luxman C-1010, Luxman C-120A
    Speakers: Polk Audio SDA-2B's (no mods...yet), Klipsch KG4's (Crites Crossovers and Titanium Tweeters), Genesis 1's
    Digital Front End: Marantz CD6005, Denon DVD-2200, Fiio X5 II
    Headphones: Sennheiser RS180, Sennheiser HDR170 w/Fiio E12 Montblanc (home). Sennheiser HD449 w/Fiio E12 Montblanc (portable)
    EQ: SAE 180 Parametric
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Santana IV

Have to agree was listening to this last night congas all over the place plus the bass reproduction on my 2.3tls was overwhelming in a good way.

Abraxas is another good one the soundstage is just as good as IV with a little more accurate bass.

Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • I was just listening to "Back on the Chain Gang" from the PIRATE RADIO box, and the first "aaa-ooooh's" and "aaaaah's" kinda scared me.
    Speakers: Polk Audio SDA-2B's (no mods...yet), Klipsch KG4's (Crites Crossovers and Titanium Tweeters), Genesis 1's
    Headphones: Sennheiser RS180, Sennheiser HDR170 w/Fiio E12 Montblanc (home). Sennheiser HD449 w/Fiio E12 Montblanc (portable)
  • VSAT88
    I was just listening to "Back on the Chain Gang" from the PIRATE RADIO box, and the first "aaa-ooooh's" and "aaaaah's" kinda scared me.

Don't feel bad the SDA's have gotten me too..
  • There's an echo-y chorus of handclaps about midway through Cheap Trick's "Daddy Should Have Stayed in High School" that I have never heard before, and I've played that album a lot of times in the last 39 years.
  • VSAT88
    There's an echo-y chorus of handclaps about midway through Cheap Trick's "Daddy Should Have Stayed in High School" that I have never heard before, and I've played that album a lot of times in the last 39 years.

Gonna check it out right now..
  • VSAT88 wrote: »
    There's an echo-y chorus of handclaps about midway through Cheap Trick's "Daddy Should Have Stayed in High School" that I have never heard before, and I've played that album a lot of times in the last 39 years.

did you hear it? Sorry I didn't have the exact time it appears. I believe it's only happens once.
  • VSAT88
    I seemed to hear the handcuffs thru most of the song. I must admit that i got distracted by a squirrel before the half way mark. I will listen again..
  • VSAT88
    Should read hand CLAPs not cuffs.. Lol
  • handcuffs? I think you're on the wrong board, VSA. :D
  • VSAT88
    That was a good one, I will mention it to the wife..of course I mean that I will mention listening to the song to the wife, not the handcuffs..I worry that kids may be reading you know..gotta keep clear..lol
  • VSAT88
    VSAT88 wrote: »

did you hear it? Sorry I didn't have the exact time it appears. I believe it's only happens once.

Heard it more than once, Sounds like hands clapping and I hear something that sounds like foot stomping in between the clapping hands..Same album song six, "Hot Love" towards the end of the song startled me...Again..These SDA speakers ! Love them !
  • VSAT88
    Artist, Bachman Turner Overdrive.
    Track, Rock Is My Life, And This Is My Song
    Album, Not Fragile
    The beginning is pretty good and I always loved that song.
    Artist, Blood, Sweat & Tears
    Track, You've Made Me So Very Happy
    Album, Blood, Sweat & Tears

Hope these are not already listed..If so, listen anyway :o
  • simm
    simm Posts: 562
    "Man in the Long Black Coat" and "Most of the Time" on the Oh Mercy Cd by Bob Dylan. Huge soundstage.
  • try1256
    try1256 Posts: 26
    I just listened to Joe Walsh "But Seriously, Folks" through my SDA 2A's. Pretty sweet.
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    edited August 2016
    I know YouTube is not the best resolution but this sounded pretty darn good. I play a lot via bluetooth from my phone. I'm looking for a streaming hi res music system. If you know of one please share.

In the mean time you might like this.

https://youtu.be/D-h6MoF7HLA

I know it a pic of a B&Wednesday and not a Polk. I'm sorry!
  • tat
    tat Posts: 159
    "Circle of Friends" by Edie Brickell

I remember I had never heard the song when it came up over my SDA CRS and It was like being transported thru time into another conscousness, enveloped the (small) room.
    When freedom is outlawed, only outlaws are free...
  • If you're a Rush fan, their newer 180 gram "audiophile" LP's are worth every penny. I've A-B'ed a couple of titles to MFSL Original Master Recordings I have and these new albums stage better and sound more life-like than MFSL. A lot like how everything from Checkfield on American Gramaphone LP's has that music picture where you can point to where musicians were in the recording room and they haven't edited it to depth.

Found an excellent copy of Zeplin 2 on MFSL vinyl and am blown away. Regular vinyl and CD's sound pretty good in that title but MFSL is in a different league entirely for this one. Gotta hear it to understand. They used to brag about their recording techniques, mics used and placement, and editing. This MFSL LP shows what they were bragging about. I've seen people pay stupid money for NOS and once played copies. After hearing it, it makes more sense why this particular title can bring the money. Simply amazing piece of history.
  • crashb4
    crashb4 Posts: 222
    Slapaho wrote: »
    If you're a Rush fan, their newer 180 gram "audiophile" LP's are worth every penny.

Rush Caress of Steal: The Fountain Of Lamneth. Heard rytham guitar coming in from 90 degrees directly beside me. Had to make sure the speakers were still in front of me. Crazy good!!!
    Schiit Freya+, Krell KAV-250a, R-Pi network streamer, 8Tb NAS, Thorens TD-145 MKIII with Ortofon 2M red, Polk: Monitor-10B, SDA-1A, SDA-SRS
  • dee1949
    dee1949 Posts: 1,425
    ... not so much for effects, but Simon & Garfunkel "BOOKENDS" ( whole album). Awesome sound and content from the late 60's. Have CRS+ passing thru. Great memories.
  • crashb4
    crashb4 Posts: 222
    Try a little Uriah Heap: July Morning. Things kinda bounce around the room pretty good.
    Schiit Freya+, Krell KAV-250a, R-Pi network streamer, 8Tb NAS, Thorens TD-145 MKIII with Ortofon 2M red, Polk: Monitor-10B, SDA-1A, SDA-SRS
  • I don't believe I've seen any of these listed, so I'll add what I've discovered in my short time with my 1c's.

Black Sabbath - Paranoid, Master of Rality
    Sublime - Sublime, 40 oz to freedom
    Elton John
    Rebelution - Courage to grow
    Kid Rock - Only God Knows Why
    Pepper - Kona Town, No Shame
    Ravel - Bolero
    Blue Oyster Cult

More to come...