Atmos upgrade with ceiling speakers

I currently have Pioneer Elite VSX-32 reciever driving Klipsch mains with Polk 8" in ceiling speakers (RC80i I think), TL-1 center with Martin Logan sub.
I'm considering ATMOS upgrade.
1. I'd like to verify the speaker type, so I need to tool to remove the grill - where can I get that?
2. Can I add 2 front high in-ceiling Polk speakers Pioneer ATMOS reciever to get to reasonable 7.1.2 system? What model should I use for front high?
Thanks,
Ted

Comments

• The RC80i ceiling speakers are rear surround only at this time.
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,050
    I would add a model that closely timbre matches what you have. With the Klipsch mains and Polk rears, you don't have a completely matched system so go with what you think sounds best. Also consider whether or not you will want to upgrade to a 4 speaker Atmos setup in the future when placing the first two rears and when selecting a receiver. Some Atmos receivers will only drive one pair of Atmos surrounds.
    ____________________________________________________________ polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS SVS PB13 Ultra x 2Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Sunfire Signature Cinema Grande 400, ADCOM 7807, Panasonic UB420, Sony SCD-C333ES, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050