Capitol Audiofest 2016

Let me be the first to raise the hype for this event. It shall be the first audio show I will attend ever (probably not going to be the last) :) ! I can't wait. Who's going?

Thanks for the link txcoastal.
http://www.capitalaudiofest.com/
2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)

Comments

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Fook it...might as well......July trip it is!
  • HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 723
    Good Man, I'll see you there Sir.
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    About 8hrs up the road. No sweat.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    I've never heard of an audio show that has moved locations as many times as this one. Hopefully they have found a permanent home now.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• HzTweaker
    Yeah I just looked up directions and there's two routs and they're both 7 (+/-30mins) hours. Don't care though still going lol.
  • HzTweaker
    F1nut wrote: »
    I've never heard of an audio show that has moved locations as many times as this one. Hopefully they have found a permanent home now.

Hopefully. . Max for driving time for me is about 10hrs. I'll fly anywhere else.
  • honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    It's right in my back yard so I'll be going again (*I hope*)
  • HzTweaker
    It's right in my back yard so I'll be going again (*I hope*)

See ya there.
  • HzTweaker
    Is there any particular manufacture you all are anxious to see?
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    MY back yard too - depending on family vacations, I might make the trip - would be fun to meet some other Polkies for a change!
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• HzTweaker
    MrBuhl wrote: »
    MY back yard too - depending on family vacations, I might make the trip - would be fun to meet some other Polkies for a change!

Right on dude!
  • F1nut
    edited April 2016
    HzTweaker wrote: »
    Is there any particular manufacture you all are anxious to see?

It's a shame Polk stopped doing the show. They were starting to make a name for themselves in the audiophile market. Really, really short sighted (stupid actually) on the part of DEI/Sound United.

We had the LSiM 707's and 703's hooked up with MIT Cables. People would walk in and say, wow those sound really good. I didn't realize Polk made a speaker like that. The audio rags gave them very good reviews as well.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• HzTweaker
    @F1nut Any Idea why they mite have pulled the plug?
  • F1nut
    edited April 2016
    Poor management decisions, IMO. Look at this format for another example. It seems they think CES is the only show that matters.....it's not!

President of Club Polk

• HzTweaker
    I hear what your saying. I'll get a chance to listen to a pair of LSiM706c's someday. .
  • HzTweaker
    I don't know about you guys but I'm hoping that Technics are demoing their SB-C700 speakers at the show. Or even the tower version. :p Has anyone had the chance to listen to them?
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    I hear what your saying. I'll get a chance to listen to a pair of LSiM706c's someday. .

Maybe I'm missing something, but... Where/why do you want to hear a pair of center channels?
  • honestaquarian
    I don't know about you guys but I'm hoping that Technics are demoing their SB-C700 speakers at the show. Or even the tower version. :p Has anyone had the chance to listen to them?

I believe they had them at last years show.
    They were set up and playing music when I walked in.I didn't stay long only because I was there on the last day Sunday and we were trying to crash as many rooms as we could before the show ended.
  • pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,497
    I missed CAF last year. I'll be attending this year and this will my 4th trip. :smile:

Look forward to maybe running into a few Polkies there.

P-man
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    pumpkinman wrote: »

P-man

With your car?.....make sure to back up to ensure the deed is done!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • honestaquarian
    mrbiron wrote: »
    pumpkinman wrote: »

P-man

With your car?.....make sure to back up to ensure the deed is done!

Lawd
    HEPP deez mannish chidrens!! :D
  • HzTweaker
    mdaudioguy wrote: »

Maybe I'm missing something, but... Where/why do you want to hear a pair of center channels?

Yeah I totally typed that in wrong.. What I really meant was a pair of LSiM707s.
  • honestaquarian
    @HzTweaker
    Hope you don't mind me posting some more pics from the 2015 Capitol AudioFest
  • honestaquarian
    The image in the MBL/United Home Audio room above was FIVE FEET behind the speakers on the same plane as the MBL tube electronics!!
    YES that is a United Home Audio rebuilt reel to reel supplying some wonderful sounds there
  • honestaquarian
    x6wdmmka6mht.jpg

I saw this modified Oppo BDP-105 all over the show