Axpona 2016 Chicago - Whose Going?

2»

Comments

• Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    From about 2000 to 20000. You'd have to contact his NA distributor.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    $2k to $2k?
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Thorton
    halo wrote: »
    $2k to $2k?

Yup. I didn't get the full breakdown but I know the lower model was around that and the souped up top of the line, I believe was $20,000.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Thorton
    Sorry,
    $2000 to $20,000.
  • halo
    Cool beans. Thanks for the clarification :)
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    halo wrote: »
    Lampizator???

Hand built quality, great sounding dacs at a price point out of yours....and mine's league. Google them up.

I heard mention of beer, specifically someone buying too. Why was I not informed of this free beer give away ?

....AND to think I spent the night with the grandkids being subjected to a 5 minute chorus of the theme song to Fat Albert before going to see Jungle Book.

Now I know the reasons why I appear to be losing it. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Other sites people are really impressed with the new Magico S5 v2. Now I am torn between a new car, or new speakers. :)
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    nbrowser wrote: »
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Other sites people are really impressed with the new Magico S5 v2. Now I am torn between a new car, or new speakers. :)

Time to either remove the alcohol from the house or shred the credit cards my friend...just a friend helping a friend!

That sir is NOT how we help friends here! I am offended that you would not tell him to buy both the speakers(or is that spearkers???) AND and that Lamborghini Aventador he has been lusting after.

Further, we tell him to drink UP and go for it!

You just gave him the crappiest advice ever given out on this forum... glad I was here to correct it.
    You should be banned!

:p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Zip it Ken, John's right. ;)
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    All good advice. I am purging the past, and starting the final third of my life anew with no baggage. The hard part is deciding what stays and what goes. So far, beer is winning over no beer on the weekend.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • nooshinjohn
    All good advice. I am purging the past, and starting the final third of my life anew with no baggage. The hard part is deciding what stays and what goes. So far, beer is winning over no beer on the weekend.
    I'll take it all.... I ain't greedy o:)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    Where are all the pictures at gentlemen!!!

• halo
    We just wrapped up our tour of Axpona 2016. I visited everyone of the manufacturers on my list plus Von Schweikert.

I took a lot of pictures and some notes.

I will post stuff when I get a chance. I've got a test on Monday (tomorrow) and a presentation on Tuesday
  • halo
    edited April 2016
    I wanted to add that it's not exactly a fair comparison between all the different speakers since they were driven by different brands, and types, of gear. The electronics comparison had the same issue but in reverse; hard to say what the sonic signature of a brand is when I only heard them through one pair of speakers. All the cables were different in all of the rooms we were in as well. So, the only things that I can comment on are the system's synergy. Now, if you believe that all amplifiers sound the same and that cables don't matter, then I'd easily be able to put the speakers in order from high to low.

I listened to everything pretty objectively because I didn't know the price of the speakers until after auditioning them (for every pair except the ELAC UB5). All of these speakers might sound different in my apartment than they did in the hotel rooms or conference rooms. I would think that the electronics should retain their sonic signature but I could be wrong.

We had a pretty good time. I would say that, if you wanted to see/hear everything you might need all three days.

Some vendors used acoustic room treatments and some did not. Those that did, used them to different degrees (a lot or a little).
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    That was an OMG room for sure. I was with a friend who was attending for the first time. He's a musician, DJ, etc and was blown away by some classical pieces they demoed.The detail was amazing!

2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • halo
    WLDock wrote: »
    That was an OMG room for sure. I was with a friend who was attending for the first time. He's a musician, DJ, etc and was blown away by some classical pieces they demoed.The detail was amazing!
    Yup!

My wife is a musician and this was a first attendance for us both.

We didn't agree on the OMG room but we were close in what our favorites were overall. lol.
  • nooshinjohn
    Anything from TriangleArt?

• halo
    Anything from TriangleArt?

No, sorry. We ran out of time.