Axpona 2016 Chicago - Whose Going?

Axpona is this weekend in Chicago. Whose going? When? Anyone want to meet up for a beer break?
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
DAC: Bricasti M1SE
Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics

Comments

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Beer you say??!!
    I'm in!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Beer you say??!!
    I'm in!

You sluut
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    I will be there.

Would be happy to meet for a beer.

With the student discount, I will be there on Sunday only.

Have a few manufacturers that I want to see / hear.

Any recommendations for über high end gear that I should get my ears on at the show?
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    Take lots of picks... Remember that others will be living vicariously through those of you able to be there. Take lots of TriangleArt pics for me.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    I will be there Saturday.
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited April 2016
    I wanted to take off and go Fri for my B-Day. However, it looks like Sun I may try to make it. So much going on this weekend...I don't know???
    halo wrote: »
    Any recommendations for über high end gear that I should get my ears on at the show?
    Take your pick of that brand that you always wanted to hear or one you never heard of at all....so many will be there. The Quintessence audio rooms are always pretty special.
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    I honestly had every intention to get up there and maybe see if Brian (erniejade) and or TonyB would be going would love to hang out with them for a bit of audio P.oR.n but as always life gets in the freakin way.....

I honestly was hoping to get a crew going to this shindig I know Rich and Brock have went in years past so those guys got it going on.
  • factorz
    factorz Posts: 353
    I'll be there on Sunday. So many great vendors to list them all, but here are my top 5 rooms I'm making sure to hit.

Vapor Audio: I own their Cirrus model so I'm a little basis, but they make great speakers.

Vinni Rossi: Really interested to check out his brand new Lio unit.

Odyssey Audio: Klaus always puts on a great demo

Wilson Audio: I have heard their smaller models, but never heard one of their big boys.

B&W : Not sure which room will have it but I'm hoping someone is showing the new D3 series.

• txcoastal1
    Wilson's new Alexx should be a treat, especially if Peter is doing the demo

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HIItQTEb0Wo

Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    factorz wrote: »
    I'll be there on Sunday. So many great vendors to list them all, but here are my top 5 rooms I'm making sure to hit.

Vapor Audio: I own their Cirrus model so I'm a little basis, but they make great speakers.

Wilson Audio: I have heard their smaller models, but never heard one of their big boys.

B&W : Not sure which room will have it but I'm hoping someone is showing the new D3 series.

Dont forget our boy @DSkip rep's them should you want to take a dip in that pool.

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • txcoastal1

Dont forget our boy @DSkip rep's them should you want to take a dip in that pool.

That would be the Rosso's Dan, not Rossi :o:/:D

• halo
    I'm looking forward to this. Sonus Faber, Wilson, Focal, Sanders Sound Systems, Dynaudio, MBL, Vapor Auduo, Zu Audio, and ELAC! That'll probably take up the whole day. I'm eager to get my ears on the ELAC Uni-Fi UB5 so I can make an informed decision about purchasing them.
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    I'm looking forward to this. Sonus Faber, Wilson, Focal, Sanders Sound Systems, Dynaudio, MBL, Vapor Audio, Zu Audio, and ELAC! That'll probably take up the whole day. I'm eager to get my ears on the ELAC Uni-Fi UB5 so I can make an informed decision about purchasing them.

Man Oh Man did I enjoy the Vapor Audio "Perfect Storm" last year!

P1040419.jpg
    P1040423.jpg

So, I guess they use a low resonate coating between layers.....these seem like a pain in the _ss to make but it is worth it.
    P1040422.jpg
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • halo
    WLDock wrote: »
    Man Oh Man did I enjoy the Vapor Audio "Perfect Storm" last year!

P1040419.jpg
    P1040423.jpg
    P1040422.jpg
    I saw your post from Axpona 2015 and that's why I really want to see and hear these babies in action.

Thanks for posing your thought from last year's show!

Did you have to have the VIP package to play music or talk to the vendors?

Can they play CDs or is it all FLAC or WAV files?

Thanks!
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    Victor, I have two three day passes if you are interested. Things didn't work out this year so Carl, Ed, Dan and I are not able to attend.

If Victor passes, speak up and I'll email them to you. These are two tickets for all three days.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • factorz
    Every room is different. Most of them were running music server with tons of stuff and I only had a few that were not willing to play something I requested. I did see guys bring their own cds, lps, and even flash drive to play cuts.

I would happy to take those tickets, but only attending Sunday.
  • factorz
    I don't think Vapor is bringing the Perfect Storms this year. Below is what Ryan the owner of Vapor posted on another site.

We'll have a pair of Derecho with nice finish and performance upgrades. Honestly I wish I could keep these for myself, they're just fantastic speakers to live with.

Then there's a pair of Cirrus Black with stands in a gorgeous Pelin Burl/Metallic Pewter paint combo.

And finally the all new Arcus with a much upgraded cabinet, front slot port now, and matching stands.
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Beer you say??!!
    I'm in!

Beer! They also have audio equipment and free raffles. See you there! B)
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Thorton
    Looks like a lot of people are going Sunday. I'm heading up Friday afternoon and will be there Saturday. If someone wants to meet for a short chat and beer or two send me a PM and give you my cell phone number. I was thinking around 3:00 Saturday and we could meet at the sign-in area. Or anytime is OK for me to have a beer.

I was looking forward to hearing the Perfect Storm. Too bad. Many new lines from different manufacturers have been introduced in the last two years so plenty to get your ear on.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Those that are going yall have a good time, but as far as I'm concerned the sooner it ends the sooner I get my Ginko dustcover, as they won't ship until after the show. I new that when I ordered it they sent me an email telling me about the delay and I was ok with it, I hope everyone has a blast, me I will be waiting patiently.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    I'm looking forward to this. Sonus Faber, Wilson, Focal, Sanders Sound Systems, Dynaudio, MBL, Vapor Auduo, Zu Audio, and ELAC! That'll probably take up the whole day. I'm eager to get my ears on the ELAC Uni-Fi UB5 so I can make an informed decision about purchasing them.

Probably wanna add Salk Sound to that list . . . just say'n
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • halo
    GlennDog wrote: »
    Probably wanna add Salk Sound to that list . . . just say'n
    Indeed!
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    Salk will be in three rooms this year.

"Room 432 with Frank Van Alstine who will be showing his new 1kWatt Fet-Valve amplifier driving a pair of SoundScape 8's.

On the lower level, we'll be in two rooms...

We're sharing the large Director's B Room with Gingko Audio, Dana Cables, Luminous Audio Technology and Wells Audio. We'll be showing our Exotica 3's, our new PowerPlay fully-active monitors, a new Roon-Ready version of our StreamPlayer and other surprises.

In the Sherman room, we're planning to launch a new 3-way speaker along with Wells Audio's new Majestic integrated amp in a fabulous under $10K system."
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • halo
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    In the Sherman room, we're planning to launch a new 3-way speaker along with Wells Audio's new Majestic integrated amp in a fabulous under $10K system."
    Whew! Right under the wire for my budget! Well, maybe, someday :blush:
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    Thorton wrote: »
    Axpona is this weekend in Chicago. Whose going? When? Anyone want to meet up for a beer break?

Great meeting you today, Thorton...and thanks for the beer. I owe you one the next time we meet up.

Hope everyone who attends tomorrow has as much fun as I did. These types of events can make one feel like a kid in a toy store.
  • Thorton
    Nice meeting you Indy. I’ll take you up on that offer the next time I’m in your area. I’d like to hear your speakers.
  • Thorton
    Guys, great show. I’m exhausted so I’ll try to post pics when I return home. I had nice conversations with Jim Salk, Jeff Wells, Lukasz Fikus and others.

This year was “the year of the Lampizator”. Many rooms had numerous models.
  • halo
    edited April 2016
    Lampizator???
  • Thorton
    Lampizator???

Mostly his different levels of Dac's.
  • halo
    I don't see how to order one from their web site (I am browsing on my phone though). Is there a list of prices?