2c
    Fully modded SDA SRS 2.3's
    Monitor 5B's
    LSi 9's with Fortress Mod

BR

Polk SB 9600 BT

Outdoor

Atrium 8 SDI's

How do you like the Atrium 8 SDI's? I just got a pair and really like them.

I liked them so much I bought a second pair... Sold the old ones with the old house, and put a pair here in my FL home... The bass is somewhat extended but that is not a bad thing for outdoors.

My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    Options
    2.3TL fully modded
    4.1TL
    RTA 12C modded
    LSiM 704C stock
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • StevieB
    StevieB Posts: 256
    Options
    SDA 2B
    SDA 1C
    RT 15I
    RT 55I
    R20
    Monitor 5B
    McCormack DNA-1 Amp, Parasound Halo P5 Pre Amp, Denon DVD 2900 CD player, Adcom GDA 700 DAC, VPI Traveler TT with Denon 103R cartridge, Lounge Audio MKiii phono pre and Copla SUT, Polk SDA SRS 3.1 TL speakers, Tributaries series 8 IC's and speaker cable.
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Check my sig plus an old 8" powered Polk sub - not up to the "sig's" performance level.
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • TCK
    TCK Posts: 231
    Options
    HT
    Monitor 12 Series 2 (fronts/ 2 ch)
    Monitor 7 Series 2 (center)
    Monitor 5 Series 2 (rears)
    Monitor 5B (rear surrounds)
    BR
    Monitor 10B (fronts/ 2 ch)
    Monitor 7 Series 2 (center)
    Others in use:
    Monitor 5jr+ (w/ SL2000)
    RT25
    CS245
    - SDA 2B (1989, Oak Tops, 194s, Spikes)
    - Monitor 7B (1982 Peerless, Sonicaps, Mills, Dynamated, JB Welded, Binding Posts)
    - SVS SB12-NSD (2 in Flat Black)
    - SVS SB 3000 (Gloss Black)
    - Pioneer SC-1222K AVR
    - Marantz MM 7055 (5 Ch Amp)
    - Pioneer PD-D6 SACD Player
    - Marantz NR1403 AVR
    - Sony UBP-X800M2 (4k Blu-ray)
    - Sony UBP-X1100ES (4K Blu-ray)
    - Adcom GFA 555
    - Monitor 5 (194s, Side Surrounds)
    - Monitor 5Jr+ (194s)
    - LG OLED65CXPUA (4K OLED TV)
    - LG 55UN7300PUF (4K HD TV)
    - RT35i (Cherry)
    - CS400 (Center)
    - CS350 (Center)
    - F/Xi A4 (Rear Surrounds)
    - RT25 (Rear Surrounds)
    - Audioquest Cables

" But boy do I remember the strain of her refrain " LG
  • Chops
    Chops Posts: 33
    Options
    I'm not very "Polked" at all, but that doesn't mean that I don't want to be. When I was in my early teens, and in my late teens, there were two pairs of speakers I always wanted. In my early teens, it was the Polk SDA and/or Monitor series. In my late teens, it was the NHT 3.3 and/or 2.9.

Well, 11 years after they debuted, I finally got myself a pair of NHT 2.9's at a great deal. They were/are everything I read about all those years in the stereo mags, and then some. The only reason I'm not using them now is because I just can't get them to cooperate with our current apartment. I just can't get the spacing and positioning right to get them to sing, which brings me to Polk...

My very first Polk's are a pair of PSW505 subs that are sitting in our daughters bedroom with a kitty bed on them. The cats love sleeping in that bed, and it's a good way to protect the tops of the subs. I bought these after selling my last SVS sub.

The PSW505's were run with a pair of AV123 X-Statik speakers that I now use as surrounds. They're great speakers but lack the lowest octave of bass. I also have the matching X-Voce center channel that I also still use. It's the best sounding CC that I have heard at anything below $4k.

I stopped using the Polk subs for music when I got a pair of Genesis Physics II's that I restored and completely rebuilt the crossovers in. I used the Polk subs as speaker stands for the Genesis speakers and only used them with movies. The Genesis speakers actually put out better, lower bass than the PSW505's when it comes to music. They just can't move enough air though for movies.

I stopped using the subs altogether once I got the NHT 2.9's as they extended deeper than the Polk subs do. There's no need for subs that extend down to only 24Hz when you have a pair of towers that extend down to 18Hz.

Now I'm running a pair of RTi12's and have the NHT 2.9's stored at my brother's house for the reasons explained above. The RTi12's sound just about as good as the NHT's surprisingly enough, but with even better quality bass, and with even more usable output down around 18Hz.

So that's my list for now...
    • PSW505 x 2
    • RTi12 x 2

I will eventually grow that list out, but with some vintage Polk's such as the SDA and Monitor series. I've never heard a pair or even seen a pair in person, but I know I'll like them regardless. It's just a matter of finding a pair in good shape at a decent price.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Options
    12 Polk speakers in the house and two at work. Polk does make a great product from their low end to the top. For subs I have HSU which for the cost are better than the Polk.

I had a part time job in 1989 at DOW/Tweeter and loved the Polk line. They were the go to speaker to push a deal. Full time sales guys got pissed at me because I pushed Polk and Sony, I had higher sales in the 3 nights I covered than the 5 day a week guys.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • Chops
    Options
    xcapri79 wrote: »
    @Chops, I'm curious as to why you went with a pair of Polk RTi12's vs a pair of LSi15's for two channel music?

The simple answer is that my brother already had the Polk's and we swapped speakers.

He's now running the NHT's in his system. He's got the better room layout for them than I do. He also didn't like something in the midrange with the Polk's. I didn't either when they were in his system. However, after bringing them over here and running them on my system, the midrange sounds just fine. Very neutral and natural.

It might have had something to do with the dual Emotiva XPA2 Gen 2 amps he was running at the time. Those amps are great for HT use, but not for 2-ch music use. He now runs a Marsh A-200s which sounds tons better on those old NHT's of mine.

I saw a pair of LSi25's in the FS section and was getting excited due to the greatly reduced price. I was about to contact the seller until I noticed a few posts towards the end where they had already sold. :'(

And if they ever showed up on the market at a good price, I would certainly entertain a pair of Polk SRT's! Definitely the old SDA also.
  • Chops
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »

Bright speakers like the RTi's and Emotiva XPA amps just don't get along well. Most people 'round here recommend Parasound or B&K cause they are a mellower amps for the RTi series. I even went that route with my A7s...nice pairing. Amps do matter as I've learned.

Very true. Before I ordered my Khartago amp I was running a little Class A 25 watt Monarchy Audio SM-70 Pro on the NHT's. That little amp did very well and sounded much bigger than 25 watts have any right sounding, especially on power hungry speakers like the 2.9's. Very "tubey" sounding.

Before...
    p1465375208-4.jpg

After...
    p384630397-4.jpg
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    Options
    SL2000 Monitor 5's
    Peerless RTA-12B, Monitor 5, and Monitor 4's
    Monitor 4's with the triangle looking plastic fronted tweeter
    My dad has the first 2.3's with SL2000 that he bought in Germany during Desert Storm
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • WastelandWand'r
    Options
    I did not realize the numbers but...
    2.3TL's
    1C's (studio) X2
    Monitor 10's X2
    Monitor 7's X2
    SDA 1B's all the way in MN looking for cows!
    RTA 15TL's Geoff holding onto them for me in SeaTac!
    CS 1000
    Ultra Focus 8000's X2 (Friends and Family splurge)
    SDA 2B's
    LSI 9's

Don't tell the wife, but there is a set of 2B's in the hood that I am trying to pick up. Why?, I don't know. Lucky 13 maybe?

Nathan

Home Rig

SDA 2.3TL's front and center
    Polk 1000p Center
    Pioneer Elite SC35 Receiver (Pre/Surround
    Sunfire Cinema Grand 5X200-Back in the mix.
    OPPO BDP-93
    Squeezebox
    Stepped up to name brand Speaker Cables and interconnects!
    Monitor 4, 5, 7, 10's, SDA 1B's, 2B's, 2.3TL's, RTA 15TL's all in storage waiting for me.
    Sales Rating #1!!
  • Sci-fi Polk Guy
    Options
    My first home theater system consisted of:

Fronts: Polk Audio Monitor 50
    Center: Polk Audio CSiA4
    Surrounds: Polk Audio RTi4
    Sub: Polk Audio PSW 505

So, my first home theater system was definitely "Polked". (Pair those speakers with my Yamaha RX-V663, and, yes, my ears did bleed when I cranked it. :) )

In my present system, I have Polk Audio RTi6's as my surrounds.
    Paradigm 11seMkIII mains, w/ Zu Audio jumpers
    Paradigm CC 450 center, w/ Zu Audio jumpers
    Polk Audio RTi6 surrounds
    Paradigm SE sub
    Sony BDP S5100 blu-ray player
    Panasonic 50" plasma
    Yamaha RX A1000 receiver
    Parasound HCA 1205A amp
    Audioquest Evergreen IC's
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    Options
    feeling a little smaller after reading this thread:
    RT7's
    Monitor 7's
    LSiM 703's
    LSiM 706c
    Gave away the CS10
    Sold the S series...
  • RabbitJackFlash
    Options
    monitor 55t x 2
    monitor 65t x 2
    monitor 75t x 2
    tsi200 x 2
    csi5 x 1
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    Options
    Chops wrote: »
    xcapri79 wrote: »
    @Chops, I'm curious as to why you went with a pair of Polk RTi12's vs a pair of LSi15's for two channel music?

The simple answer is that my brother already had the Polk's and we swapped speakers.

He's now running the NHT's in his system. He's got the better room layout for them than I do. He also didn't like something in the midrange with the Polk's. I didn't either when they were in his system. However, after bringing them over here and running them on my system, the midrange sounds just fine. Very neutral and natural.

It might have had something to do with the dual Emotiva XPA2 Gen 2 amps he was running at the time. Those amps are great for HT use, but not for 2-ch music use. He now runs a Marsh A-200s which sounds tons better on those old NHT's of mine.

I saw a pair of LSi25's in the FS section and was getting excited due to the greatly reduced price. I was about to contact the seller until I noticed a few posts towards the end where they had already sold. :'(

And if they ever showed up on the market at a good price, I would certainly entertain a pair of Polk SRT's! Definitely the old SDA also.

You wouldn't have been able to snag the LSi25's even if you had___ contacted the polkie selling them. You need to have 100 posts or more here to have the privilege to buy or sell in the FS section here. Contributing to this forum helps us all , stick around ,get your read on , share your knowledge of audio with others,learn from others here, before you know it, you'll have 100 posts and counting. :)
  • gurot1
    gurot1 Posts: 519
    Options
    R15 pair
    R30 pair
    Csi3
    Rti10 pair
    Csi5
    Fx500 pair
    Rti4 2 pairs
    Lsim705 pair
    Lsim706c

Lol I have accumulated these over the last ten years.
    lsim705,lsim706c,lsif/x(4)+mc80(atmos)
    rti6,csi5,fxi5
  • Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 748
    Options
    R20 - Pair
    Monitor 30 - Pair
    CS175i - Center
    PSW350 - Sub
    Monitor 7II - Pair
    M3 ii - Pair
    2 Channel "Polk" Room:

Marantz PM8004 Integrated
    Marantz SA8004 SACD Player
    Music Hall mmf 7.3 TT with Ortofon Bronze
    WiiM Mini
    Schiit Bifrost with Multibit Upgrade
    Polk 7B with RDO198s
  • classic carl
    Options
    (presently own)
    SDA CRS (pair)
    RT55i (pair)
    RT35i (pair)
    RTi38 (pair)
    CS400i (center)
    PSW450 (sub pair)
    PSW111 (sub)

(recently sold)
    RT800i (pair)
    Monitor 5Jr+ Series 2 (pair)
    Main System:
    Proton AA-1150 ~ Yamaha C-4 ~ Furman Elite-15 DMi ~ Sennheiser HD600 ~ Monitor Audio Silver RS8 & FB210 ~ Martin Logan Dynamo ~ Teac R-919X ~ Marantz CD5003 ~ Squeezebox Classic ~ Music Hall dac25.2 ~ Dual 1229/Acutex M312 III STR ~ Music Hall mmf-5.1/Goldring 1012GX ~ Music Hall Cruise Control 2.0

Home Theater:
    Vizio V585-H11 ~ Yamaha RX-V800 ~ Furman Elite-15 DMi ~ Marantz DV6001 ~ EPI M90 ~ Polk Audio RT35i ~ CS400i ~ (2) Polk Audio PSW450

• codycatalist
    Options
    I know people will say the speakers don't sound good used together however I love them.

HT/ 2x Paradigm 90p towers
    2x Polk RT10s
    2x Polk TSI200s for surrounds
    Polk csi100 center
    Velodyne cht12
    Some harman kardon 8inch sub that's meh.

Bedroom I have a pair of Polk Monitor 5s with the sl2000s
    Marantz pm305
    Marantz EQ10
    Pioneer Pl510

Got some RTA11tls I need to fix which will take the paradigms place.

Hope to own some SDAs one day...
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • cincycat13
    Options
    wow...answering honestly makes me realize I need a support group for hoarders and to clean out the closet...

RT5000p
    CS400
    RT8
    LSi25
    LSi9 (2 pairs modded)
    LSi7 (sonocapped)
    LSiC (4)
    LSiFX (2)
    LSiM 705 cherry
    LSiM 703 (1 pr cherry 1 pr mahogany
    LSiM 706c (1 cherry 1 mahogany)
    rt 500 fx
    RTA 15TL (modded)
    SDA 2.3 (modded)

I guess they say admitting you have a problem is the first step...
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I got polked in the eyes :s
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    SDA-SRS 3.1TL's
    SDA-1C
    CS-1000p
    CS-400
    Monitor 5jr's
    RT-35i's
    RT-55's
    PSW-200's (2)
    PSW-150's (2)
    AMR5
    AMR-SW

• TCK
    Options
    43e7h5s9rikk.jpg
    - Monitor 7B (1982 Peerless, Sonicaps, Mills, Dynamated, JB Welded, Binding Posts)
    - Pioneer SC-1222K AVR
    - Marantz NR1403 AVR
    - Adcom GFA 555
    - Monitor 5Jr+ (194s)
    - RT35i (Cherry)
    - CS400 (Center)
    - CS350 (Center)
    - RT25 (Rear Surrounds)
    - Audioquest Cables

• TCK
    Options
    pz85xxlrdfk5.jpg
    - Pioneer SC-1222K AVR
    - Marantz NR1403 AVR
    - Adcom GFA 555
    - Monitor 5Jr+ (194s)
    - RT35i (Cherry)
    - CS400 (Center)
    - CS350 (Center)
    - RT25 (Rear Surrounds)
    - Audioquest Cables

• codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Options
    TCK wrote: »
    43e7h5s9rikk.jpg

Now that's "polked"
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,648
    Options
    pz85xxlrdfk5.jpg

You are a sick man....
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,096
    Options
    Very nicely staged. Good photography. Looks like an advertisement. Nice job! from one Polk hoarder (collector-aficianado) to another. Cheers. :)
  • TCK
    Options
    pz85xxlrdfk5.jpg

You are a sick man....

If this is sick, I don't wanna be well!
    la2vegas wrote: »
    TCK do you mind if I start calling you Noah

They all have their place in the arc, 2 X 2
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    Very nicely staged. Good photography. Looks like an advertisement. Nice job! from one Polk hoarder (collector-aficianado) to another. Cheers. :)

Thanks! I thought it looked like a Polk dealership from the 80s too
    - Pioneer SC-1222K AVR
    - Marantz NR1403 AVR
    - Adcom GFA 555
    - Monitor 5Jr+ (194s)
    - RT35i (Cherry)
    - CS400 (Center)
    - CS350 (Center)
    - RT25 (Rear Surrounds)
    - Audioquest Cables

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    Question #1 - is that how you have them set up on a day to day? It must be hard to watch tv.
    Question #2 - How long does it take you to vacuum?
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!