WTB Computer for daughter

warlocks1
warlocks1 Posts: 1,212
edited September 2004 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
Looking for a p III or P IV fpr my 11 yer old daughter. Nothing fancy but I need an ethernet connection. Let me know ig you have anything in he closet! Thanks, Jeff
Post edited by warlocks1 on

Comments

• okiepolkie
    okiepolkie Posts: 2,258
    edited September 2004
    I can give you the phone number of a company that sells off lease Dell, HP, etc for around $300. This would be a PIII 800 mhz machine with 256MB RAM, Windows 2000 pro, a keyboard, and mouse(no monitor). For $25 extra you can get a three year warranty with it. Over the past six months, the school district I work for has ordered several hundred, or maybe 1000 of these machines. They seem to work pretty well. I have one in my classroom and it does everything I need it to do.

Let me know if you, or anyone else wants one. I will just give you the number. I have no affiliation with the company, but for the price I might even get one for my own home.
    Tschüss
    Zach
  • sowen010599
    sowen010599 Posts: 343
    edited September 2004
    Had a guy bring a Sony Vaio (w/ P4) to the shop the other day for a check up. He got the whole thing from a local pawn shop for 250 including a Sony 19" monitor. Check them pawn shops!
    Go BIG or go home!
  • warlocks1
    warlocks1 Posts: 1,212
    edited September 2004
    Thanks for the suggestions. She will be using it for internet and word processing. Maybe a little bit of music. Wait a minute, a lot of music! I didn't even think about that! I guess I need something with output to her stereo. Thanks Anonymouse. What kind of sound card to I need for output to stereo?
  • Mike682
    Mike682 Posts: 2,074
    edited September 2004
    Check out Dell.com for current TV ad specials. You can get a good computer for cheap with a monitor:

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/topics/segtopic.aspx/tv?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

Good luck
    Receiver: harmankardon AVR235
    Mains: polk R30
    Center: polk CSi3
    Rear Surrounds: polk R20
    Subwoofer: polk PSW404
    DVD: Panasonic DVD-S29