PS Audio PerfectWave Bridge I

Options
I'm selling a PerfectWave Bridge I that I removed from my own working unit after upgrading to the Bridge II. Will come in a PS Audio bridge shipping box.
$200 + $.5.95 for Priority Mail shipping, I'll pickup the Paypal fee.
2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones

Comments

• dhart86
    dhart86 Posts: 1,594
    Options
    May be interested.......but what is the difference between the Bridge I and Bridge II ??
    Main Rig:
    Antipodes DX > Roon > PS Audio Directstream Jr.>deHavilland Ultraverve 3 >Belles Reference 150a >Harbeth C7 ES3

Second Rig:
    Roon> PS Audio Directstream Jr Bridge II > EE Minimax pre (Tutay mods) >Belles 150A Ref >Monitor 5 (Westmassguy-modded)

• dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    Options
    The main issue with the Bridge I is that it doesn't do gapless playback. (actually using Foobar gets around that issue I believe) and it occasionally dropped the network connection.
    From PS Audio, "Bridge II has a number of advances to the original, including: gapless play, stable connectivity, far better sound, lower jitter, higher speed architecture."

I don't think the sound is really any better, and the jitter was already negligible so take their hype with a grain of salt.....they had to justify $799 for the II somehow.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    Options
    I use three of the Bridge Is, and I have had very few problems with the -- some gaps and the occasional dropped network connection that requires rebooting -- but overall the sound quality is as good a Red Book CD quality, as far as I'm concerned.

So far, I haven't found good enough reasons to buy the Bridge II.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• dheiger
    dheiger Posts: 1
    Options
    Is the bridge still for sale?