Friends & Family!

Options

Comments

• simm
    simm Posts: 562
    Options
    I placed an order for a pair of 703's in cherry and the 706 center in black from Crutchfield last night since they were 50% off and no tax to NC. Looks like they are back to full price now. I have been wanting to try the LSIM's for a couple of years and always had a reason not to purchase. I finally just decided WTH and did it. I hope I like them as much as I expect to. If I do there will be a pair of 705's in my future.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    Kurt300 wrote: »
    Got my "last" LSiM - a second 706c. :) Will have a CS1000p up for grabs when it is replaced.

Ordered on March 21st, arrived on March 23rd. Just brought it in the front door. Wow. I think I may be the 1st on my block to have dual 706c center channels! :)

Oh, and that awesomely fast shipping was free. :) Thank you, Polk!

Are you going to run in series?
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    Options
    I just got an email that my speakers have been shipped and saw the address they were coming from. So I googled it and found out its a company called "OneStop Internet" that is a warehouse that distributes a lot of different company's stuff all over the world. Also found out they are located in Compton CA.

So I guess that means my speakers are coming straight out of Compton...Yooo. lol
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • Kurt300
    Kurt300 Posts: 302
    Options
    deronb1 wrote: »
    Got my "last" LSiM - a second 706c. :) Will have a CS1000p up for grabs when it is replaced.

Ordered on March 21st, arrived on March 23rd. Just brought it in the front door. Wow. I think I may be the 1st on my block to have dual 706c center channels! :)

Oh, and that awesomely fast shipping was free. :) Thank you, Polk!

Are you going to run in series?

No, I split the center pre-out signal and have a dedicated Parasound A21 output for each center. One is just above my TV screen, and one is just below. The resulting sound appears to be directly from my screen.
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Options
    DaveHo wrote: »
    They will waive shipping if you complain enough...I spoke to CS then inside sales and then somebody called me back and waived shipping

Was that before or after you placed the order? I've got to be honest, even though they were 50% off, I'm feeling a bit put off since I could have gotten the same package from Adorama for $250 less since I would not have paid tax either. If I'd not already placed the order with Polk, I would have gone that route despite the backorder status of the 705s. Mine's already on the way, so probably too bad for me.

during... I was getting a message in my cart saying free freight and then was getting a freight charge... Argued that you can't say something is free and then charge for it. They explained the freight policy if 75/150 lbs... but I said that was contradictory and misleading. He agreed.

My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    Options
    Trying to order but keep getting "Error in Paypal core", both in IE and Opera. Hmmm.
  • maximillian
    Options
    For some reason I couldn't checkout on Polk's site so I decided to order from Adorama. Everytime I clicked on the Paypal button the button would momentarily disappear and do nothing. Strange. The 703's are back ordered on Adorama, but you can still place an order with them.

Tricky part is now where do I put them in my home.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,461
    Options
    I remember having an issue with the PayPal ordering with this last year. I wasn't able to enter the promo code and use PP for some reason, so, iirc, I just used my cc. Went straight with cc this time.

I am wondering if the backordered status is just because they may be drop shipping? Be interested to hear how quickly the stuff ships and over which carrier on these third party orders. Depending on what you're ordering, that can be quite a significant cost savings in tax and shipping by going third party. But then again, they *are* already half off, so there's good to be had either way for those who went Polk direct.
    I disabled signatures.
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Trying to order but keep getting "Error in Paypal core", both in IE and Opera. Hmmm.

My bank blocked my card. Had to call and get that taken care of before I could place my order.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    I have the 705 now. I keep wondering if I should go for the 707. I keep reading the 707 is louder bit the 705 is more balanced. Darn this hobby!.

Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • maximillian
    edited March 2016
    Options
    When I tried this yesterday the 703's were in stock and I got a "Error in Paypal core" on Polk's ordering system. Now it seems when I got to the Payment section is said they were out of stock and I wasn't getting the error but it would not go to Paypal's site.

No issue with using Adorama and Paypal. If you search Adorama's site for 703 you don't see the discount. If you use msg's link for the 705's but change the URL for the 703 to get this:

http://www.adorama.com/PKLSIM703B.html?emailprice=t&hotlink=t&svfor=5m&utm_source=cj_552179

then the discount appears. I ordered and received a confirmation email even though back ordered, so I hope all goes well.
  • nguyendot
    nguyendot Posts: 3,594
    Options

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

also I got the LSiM704c like you told me to buy with this deal... someone else gave me their code. How do you even sign up for one?
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD
  • msg
    Options
    erniejade wrote: »
    I have the 705 now. I keep wondering if I should go for the 707. I keep reading the 707 is louder bit the 705 is more balanced. Darn this hobby!
    man, yeah, I was originally thinking 707's a year or so ago, too. I haven't read all of the discussion on 705 vs 707 yet, but picked up through personal discussion that the 705 is the sweet spot, and that 707's can be too much for some spaces? I've been running the 705's for a day now. I'm holding off on sharing my impressions because I don't want to influence others' experiences with them either way.

Sometimes, though, you just gotta have both to see for yourself which suits best. (It's so difficult sometimes to determine just reading reviews. After a while it just seems ot get kind of convoluted.) That's a dangerous path, though, which often leads to ending up with roomsful of gear you don't use but can't bring yourself to sell, because, "you never know when you might be able to use that piece of gear in that 9th system that you desperately need." -- @Loud & Clear, circa March 2016
    When I tried this yesterday the 703's were in stock and I got a "Error in Paypal core" on Polk's ordering system. Now it seems when I got to the Payment section is said they were out of stock and I wasn't getting the error but it would not go to Paypal's site.

No issue with using Adorama and Paypal. If you search Adorama's site for 703 you don't see the discount. If you use msg's link for the 705's but change the URL for the 703 to get this:
    http://www.adorama.com/PKLSIM703B.html?emailprice=t&hotlink=t&svfor=5m&utm_source=cj_552179
    then the discount appears. I ordered and received a confirmation email even though back ordered, so I hope all goes well.
    ..I originally lifted that link from DaButcher's earlier post from the DealNews alerts he's great about sharing.

glad you got your order through. I think one of the things I remembered from previous F&F's is that there are no rainchecks or offer extensions, so when it's over it's over. can't remember whether there was an issue with stock availability before, though, but for some reason limited availability or out of stock notification on 705's and 703's sticks out to me from last year?
    I disabled signatures.
  • maximillian
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    glad you got your order through. I think one of the things I remembered from previous F&F's is that there are no rainchecks or offer extensions, so when it's over it's over. can't remember whether there was an issue with stock availability before, though, but for some reason limited availability or out of stock notification on 705's and 703's sticks out to me from last year?

I hope they honor my order. Sucks because if Polk's ordering system wasn't flaky I would have been able to order through them. At one point after I entered my zip it showed $0 shipping for all three options (including overnight) and remained even after I went to the payment section. To get it to show values for shipping I had to close my browser and start over. It was then that they Paypal button didn't work also.
  • erniejade
    Options
    My room is small and I also run a sub. I know the 705 are easy to drive but I have hit 300+ watts peaks ( 40-70 watts normal) at times to hit the same volume I had with the legacy or the mythos sts, or the lsi9 for that matter but, I will say they are smooth and can play loud without fataging you.

Some dynamic stuff I listen to like Peter Gabriel rhythm of the heat is one of thoes songs.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • msg
    edited March 2016
    Options
    My room is small and I also run a sub. I know the 705 are easy to drive but I have hit 300+ watts peaks ( 40-70 watts normal) at times to hit the same volume I had with the legacy or the mythos sts, or the lsi9 for that matter but, I will say they are smooth and can play loud without fataging you.

Some dynamic stuff I listen to like Peter Gabriel rhythm of the heat is one of thoes songs.
    I noticed slightly lower output, too, over what I'm used to - I have to put my volume up at least another 6-7dB for average listening, and for really engrossing sessions right now, with few hours on them, it's up about 10-12dB over typical. I raised an eyebrow at that at first, but agreed - they're pretty smooth and even. I'm still processing the experience.
    I hope they honor my order. Sucks because if Polk's ordering system wasn't flaky I would have been able to order through them. At one point after I entered my zip it showed $0 shipping for all three options (including overnight) and remained even after I went to the payment section. To get it to show values for shipping I had to close my browser and start over. It was then that they Paypal button didn't work also.
    You should be alright. I think they may be drop shipping, but not 100%. Wouldn't make sense for them to order into their warehouse only to turn around and offer free shipping out, would it? Don't know; speculating.

I see weird stuff like that from time to time. I had my order queued up about three different times before ordering. I think I had 6pr in the cart because of this lol. A good cache cleaner like CCleaner, or Click & Clean add-on for Chrome helps wipe the slate an clear up any browser cache issues.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,520
    Options
    So the 703 are out?
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »
    So the 703 are out?

You gonna buy a pair for the bathroom setup? :wink:
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• erniejade
    Options
    @msg I am glad that's not just my observation. My amp has high power and a ton of current so it's not a huge issue. At 300 watt peaks plus a velodyne spl 1200 powered sub it should be blowing me out of the room but, it's not. There was another thread on the volume of the 705 somewhere. For those thinking of a set, they do get loud but I think maybe because how smooth they are, it doesn't "feel" or seem as loud. I have not put a decibel meter on them but, I know I cannot hear myself talk or anyone in the room lol.

I have heard them sound wonderful in a much bigger room without any issues so they do fill up a nice large space without issues. I guess it just depends on how loud you like it and your taste.
  • erniejade
    Options
    @msg I am glad that's not just my observation. My amp has high power and a ton of current so it's not a huge issue. At 300 watt peaks plus a velodyne spl 1200 powered sub it should be blowing me out of the room but, it's not. There was another thread on the volume of the 705 somewhere. For those thinking of a set, they do get loud but I think maybe because how smooth they are, it doesn't "feel" or seem as loud. I have not put a decibel meter on them but, I know I cannot hear myself talk or anyone in the room lol.

I have heard them sound wonderful in a much bigger room without any issues so they do fill up a nice large space without issues. I guess it just depends on how loud you like it and your taste.
  • erniejade
    Options

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    LOL Ernie just hit a Triple!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • msg
    Options
    Ernie - you're *really* glad lol
    (wtheck was going on with the forum earlier?)

Yeah, man, I thought that was odd at first, and thought something was off. Agreed, they do still get plenty loud without having to go too-too crazy on the volume.

Which amp is this, the McIntosh? I'm running them right now through a Parasound 2205, but I think they may eventually be on something else.

I was wondering at this early stage whether it was just the 5.25 vs the 6.5, and/or cabinet size, but didn't put too much thought into it once I began to experience some of the benefits of this design. Agreed, I have noticed that they are quite smooth and fuller sounding. I'm beginning to understand this "more balanced" description I've read about when people speak of the 705.

Regarding volume, for me that's more about mood and music type. I have a tendency sometimes to go louder and louder during a session, but then things seem to approach a point where it's just not really as enjoyable, somehow? Can't really describe it, but I think I've heard this described as compression? There no longer seems to be as much, or any, depth in the presentation? Gets kind of flat sounding. Is this what you mean by not being blown out of the room, or are you talking strictly SPL to the point of discomfort while remaining clean?

At this point, over the past year or so, with current gear and having addressed cables a bit, I think I've been finding that I prefer listening to stuff at more modest to moderate levels, relaxing, being able to really hear and appreciate finer details in the presentation, as opposed to constantly just loud and rocking, which I still do, but more for background fill. So far the 705 is bettering the 2ch experience for me, and about 15-20hrs in, they still seem to be opening up a bit and surprising me a little more as the time goes on. If the LSiM break-in experience is similar in models across the board, the 705 should get better and better over time, which is what I experienced with the 703 in my intro to the LSiM about 2yrs ago. I thought they were a little harsh at first with a plump bottom, but nearly two years with them now, I still catch myself at times as if realizing all over again for the first time, "maaan, that sounds good..."
    I disabled signatures.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    Currently have two m70s in living room with Marantz 6001 receiver . I want the Book shelf LSiM pair . Living room is small 12 x12 . I know I need to add one of my amps. To play great. Wifey says do not bothered her when u r in Cali on business. Just bought her a 1 carot total weigh ring today for her birthday today. Let's see if this helps my plight? If this move is ok. I should grab that parasound p3 in the classifieds. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • Rich502
    Rich502 Posts: 146
    Options
    Pulled the trigger on a pair of 705's and a 706c in Cherry. Was looking to go with a 704c but since it didn't come in Cherry had to bite the bullet and get the 706c. Nothing against midnight-mahagony but after living with a pair of black laminate RT-16's for about 20 years I thought it was time for a change in scenery.
  • erniejade
    Options
    I have no idea why the triple happened but after I posted, the board went blank.
    My amp is overkill but I don't want to give it up. It is the Mcintosh mc402.

Blowing me out of the room by being too loud. The legacy could do that but they were efficient and could move way more air and remember, this room is only 10x11 and I have a terrible hole in the wall called a bookshelf that's 6 feet long, 20" deep that is a big bass suck out! Because I sit close range and the wall is 7" from the back of my head, speakers can get ringy or hurt before I can pressurize the room properly. The 705's have helped me out quite a bit. A few on the board recommend me to try the 705's because of the way the bass ports and said it might help make it a smoother response in the room and they were right. Again I heard them in a much bigger room and they had 0 issues filling it. I just like to rock out sometimes.

The Joule LAP150A pre and the 705's combined might be too warm in a dead room but for my room and my ears, it works.
  • erniejade
    Options
    Congrats on joining the 705 club!!!!!!! They do play way above their price point.
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Options
    Congrats on joining the 705 club!!!!!!! They do play way above their price point.

Especially at the F&F price point :+1:
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    I have no idea why the triple happened...

Trifecta!
  • Rich502
    Rich502 Posts: 146
    Options
    My email confirmation says FedEx and not freight. Anyone else getting the same thing for towers?