PSW110 problems

I have a Sony STR-DH520 receiver and a Polk PSW110 sub connected via coax and gold plated rca ends on the lfe line. I purchased both of these 7/12 and was always happy. Mostly not used a lot and when it is rarely over 18 to 22 on the volume of receiver. After years of trying I am finally in a position to buy some more speakers. I tried to hook up a new polk CS10 today and found out my sub is no longer working. At first it came on playing some music from my blue ray player (receiver) and then disappeared. Nothing I tried fixed it. I even bought a new coax cable as well as trying every conceivable dial and switch setting. I had occasionally questioned the bass being on every once in awhile the last few months but dismissed it because I have not turned it up loader than 16 or 18 for several months and figured I was being silly. After looking on the site I am guessing I was right about it not being on sometimes. As much as I do not want to be I am finding myself very frustrated. Just when I was going to finally get the other six polk speakers I have been dreaming about my sub dies and now I am feeling like whats the point. Can someone help with suggestions as to possible ways to fix this without costing a too much. I have spent the whole day trying everything I can think of to no avail and am left with the opinion it is an internal problem with the sub. I have some skills with electrical and electronics but never took apart speakers and would need some guidance.

Thank you

Comments