advice on proper replacement plate amp for velodyne spl seriesII

scottyboy76
scottyboy76 Posts: 2,905
Had it checked at a shop, its the amp, if I can get a good quality powerful replacement for a reasonable price, I have a friend who will do the work, as I cant even lift something that heavy anymore, and I really don't want this to be my first soldering job.

I just know if done right this thing has a lot of great thumping left in it.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
humpty dumpty was pushed

Comments

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Hey Scotty, I am pretty sure that there is a good amount of eq and a limiter in that amp, making a drop in replacement difficult. Other than the original, the 500 or 1000 watt parts express amps have some built in eq and the power, I just don't know if they for.

Good luck!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • TNHNDYMAN
    TNHNDYMAN Posts: 2,145
    Scotty, I've got a nice HSU VTF 3 sub that needs a new home if you got some extra $. Might even talk me into delivery and setup for a waffle house meal.
    2-ch System: Parasound P/LD 2000 pre, Parasound HCA-1000 amp, Parasound T/DQ Tuner, Phase Technology PC-100 Tower speakers, Technics SL-1600 Turntable, Denon 2910 SACD/CD player, Peachtree DAC iT and X1asynchorus USB converter, HSU VTF-3 subwoofer.

• scottyboy76
    scottyboy76 Posts: 2,905
    edited February 2016
    That sounds very tempting, but only if my skimpy budget alows it do be done right, and if you two get to stay a night or two, we never know how little time we have to share.

It would be great if big dawg steve was able to join, we couldsquawk at each other , make fun of each other, and just get a little disoriented while deciding on gear.

lets stay in touch andmake it happen, remember, the budget is tight so maybe partial trades and pay would work.

Either way it would be great seeing you all.

scott and deb.
    humpty dumpty was pushed