sub placement in an entertainment unit?

Options
Hoping for some feedback on my thoughts for PSW-111 sub placement in my setup. I am building an entertainment unit in the corner of the room to hold TV and electronics below (can't put it out in open). Can I place the sub so it would sit inside an opening in the e-unit? Can it be on the bottom built in shelf or should it be on the floor only. It would be as far forward as possible. The opening can be as big or tight as recommended. I could also surround it with a sound insulator as well and put a felt cloth over the opening. Any feedback greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    you really would want it spiked on the floor. The constant vibration is not good for electronics in the long run, not to mention the bass in most case will not be very good. YMMV
  • classic carl
    classic carl Posts: 648
    edited January 2016
    Options
    The PSW111 is small enough to hide behind a couch or under an end table. There is no way I would put it inside of any cabinet, especially a cabinet where the other equipment is stored.
    Main System:
    Proton AA-1150 ~ Yamaha C-4 ~ Furman Elite-15 DMi ~ Sennheiser HD600 ~ Monitor Audio Silver RS8 & FB210 ~ Martin Logan Dynamo ~ Teac R-919X ~ Marantz CD5003 ~ Squeezebox Classic ~ Music Hall dac25.2 ~ Dual 1229/Acutex M312 III STR ~ Music Hall mmf-5.1/Goldring 1012GX ~ Music Hall Cruise Control 2.0

Home Theater:
    Vizio V585-H11 ~ Yamaha RX-V800 ~ Furman Elite-15 DMi ~ Marantz DV6001 ~ EPI M90 ~ Polk Audio RT35i ~ CS400i ~ (2) Polk Audio PSW450