WTB: Cheap Polk speakers

Options
MSkeezer
MSkeezer Posts: 1,183
edited September 2004 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
Hey all, I'm looking for something fairly inexpensive. I want to put together a decent sounding system for my mother in law. I was thinking the R Series. If anyone has anything, let me know. Thanks.
Post edited by MSkeezer on

Comments

• jawhog
    jawhog Posts: 444
    edited September 2004
    Options
    surround or 2-channel?

what about the pair of Rt7's going for $155 shipped using buy it now on ebay?

Well on second thought, at that price there are still pairs of open box RTi6's floating around at various circuit city's (cities?).
  • MSkeezer
    MSkeezer Posts: 1,183
    edited September 2004
    Options
    I'm looking for a small surround setup.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2004
    Options
    I have a little RM series center channel around here SOMEWHERE in a box.

You can HAVE it if you want it for the price of shipping ($10 or less probably).

Might take me a week or so to find it.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • CA-AVR330
    CA-AVR330 Posts: 30
    edited September 2004
    Options
    hi, Russman.
    I have a CSI40 and two r50s in black wood for sale if you are interested. Price is negotiable.

The r50's were open box models I bought on the cheap; CSi40 comes with box and manuals.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Why would I be interested?
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • CA-AVR330
    CA-AVR330 Posts: 30
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Sorry, didn't mean you...meant MSkeezer. heh. The reply has the posts running from bottom to top.
  • woodyjacobs
    woodyjacobs Posts: 706
    edited September 2004
    Options
    You might want to watch harman audio's ebay store...they have been selling the Infinity micro II systems lateley (5 little matching satellites with 4" woofs and 3/4" tweets...decent sounding with included wall mounts)...I've seen them go as low as $54 bucks plus shipping (which is only like $15 or $20).

I had a pair of these awhile back that I picked up in a yard sale...perfectly respectable little satellite albeit a bit funny looking (they are shaped like rolls of toilet paper).

Woody
    system 1:
    Athena: AS-F1 mains, AS-C1 center, AS-B1 surrounds, AS-P400 sub, Yammie RXV-730, Rotel RB-976 driving front stage, Samsung BD3600 Blue Ray, Denon DVD2900 for sacd/cd , jbl n24awII on the deck, samsung 40" 1080p lcd

system 2:
    XBox 360 Spherex 5.1 system, HK DVD38, Phillips CDC 926 CD changer, Phillips 32" LCD

2 channel
    NAD 1600 pre, NAD 2400 THX amp, Phillips CDC 926, Linn extra speaks, crappy TT
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited September 2004
    Options
    screw that (the harman audio thing that is), russ is giving away a system. jump on that
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    edited September 2004
    Options
    I believe Russman only has a center at least thats how Im reading it