Any love for the Telefunken Audion 110th Anniversary cans?

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 342
edited November 2015 in Headphones
I recently got the opportunity to pick up a pair of these headphones at a good price sight unseen & decided to take the plunge. Just wondering if anyone has heard them & what your impressions were? Also, how do they stack up to top shelf closed back headphones like the Audeze LCD-XC?

Cheers,
Bodhi

adcwsbbe247i.jpg

7qwqnv4xpwcu.jpg

Comments

• they give your face a wooden expression.
  • I see there is very efficient, speedy moderation here..
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,556
    It's almost invisible on the web. One real review on head-fi.
    I notice you swiped the picture from Head-fi.
    Do you have any pictures of your own to post???

"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited December 2015
    Telefunken? They make Headphones?

Telefunken and Grundig were brands carried by a German audio repair shop in a neighboring city when I was a kid. It was owned by a German immigrant who never wasted any time nor tired of telling you why German audio tech and sound was the very "best" in the world. He was something else, and frankly, they did make good radios as well as other gear, good tubes too!

Then there was Ludwig who owned a bar and restaurant called the Manhattan (in Pa. not N.Y.). A Depression era lad whose constant refrain was "better days are coming!", "better days are coming!" (imagine a thick German accent here).

Nostalgia?
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2015
    sucks2beme wrote: »
    It's almost invisible on the web. One real review on head-fi.
    I notice you swiped the picture from Head-fi.
    Do you have any pictures of your own to post???

I noticed that. I'm guessing Telefunken Elektroakustik have a very small marketing budget which is understandable given they are a relatively young business within Telefunken's 112 year history, hence most of their budget is likely going into product development.

I apologize I had to post stock photos from the net for now as I haven't been able to pick up my headphones as yet & was interested to ask if any members had any opinions on them? Head-fi and the mods here have not expressed any concerns about me infringing on intellectual property, so I assume I broke no laws. None the less I will update the photos once my phones arrive.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,556
    It's not a popular headphone. There aren't many people with
    one and even less with another to compare it to.
    You may have to go to a head-fi meet to compare sound.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2015
    Popularity is a funny thing. My previous Marten Coltrane Alto stand mounts were not popular in their day, but they are one of the best sounding stand mounts of all time imho. I look forward to reporting my findings when the Audions land!

Btw, i'm liking this cool device from Oppo which could be a perfect partner to my Iphone 6 - https://www.oppodigital.com/headphone-amplifier-ha-2/