What grill or smoker do you use

13»

Comments

• WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,138
    going to give this a try to see how it works. Price is not bad at all.

http://www.costco.com/Italia-Artisan-Pizza-Oven.product.100168182.html
  • Stew
    Stew Posts: 645
    edited November 2015
    Weber 22.5" kettle grill for charcoal. Masterbuilt 40" electric for smoking.
    SDA 2B-TL (Sonicap/Solen/Mills, Erse Super Q, Rings, Spikes, No-Rez)
    1000VA Dreadnought
    Dared SL-2000a (Siemens & Halske TM 12AT7WA's, Brimar 5Z4G)
    Jolida JD-100a (Sylvania BP TM Gold Brand 5751's), NAD C275BEE, Blue Jeans

RTiA3, Onkyo TX-SR605
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    I actually have 6.

They are:

- Brinkmann Trailmaster offset smoker
    yyrjooaq6fk7.jpg

iibs7ldlyfe8.jpg

- Brinkmann Gourmet charcoal dome smoker (was a company gift for 5 years of service)

1kjuaq8r1042.jpg

- Char Broil Deluxe Box Grill

cyyj84olsg24.jpg

- Perfectglo PG50400S

fmzchzmefofk.jpg

oa08znnegyc2.jpg

- Coleman table top grill

pylhsm645t4g.jpg

- Landmann Northern Lights XT

o7d8w63ukvrp.jpg

The PerfectGlo is a Chinese knock off. Kinda like Harbor Freight stuff where it's virtually the same as the brand name stuff but an "off brand" because it's the manufacturer of the brand name stuff copying the the brand name designs they make for the brand name. There was a dude rolling it out to the curb on trash day. I asked if he was pitching it. He said yeah, doesn't work. I asked if he wanted anything for it. He said no, just take it. So I threw it in the truck figuring it's at least worth a hunnert bucks in scrap stainless and brass! Well, a new side burner hose and a new valve later, works a dream! With the options it had, the MSRP was $349.99. The base grill was $229.99-$249.99. I think I've dropped $70 getting it back in working order again. Just gotta clean it now!

Also, photographic evidence that I do actually cook on the Landmann. Some gratuitous food and fire shots too!

orz0zc9nmxb2.jpg

3z7e5djblw8y.jpg

rj2jkw99itqw.jpg

9xuvwf53i1dh.jpg

5ak762h1kp1x.jpg

b1t8xvq9ccr1.jpg

Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Weber - tried others, but always came back to Weber charcoal grilles.
    Been using them since mid 70's.

Al
  • codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    Blast from the past, I no longer have that Chargriller, using a Weber kettle that I rescued from my brothers shed and a infrared gas grill, that never gets used. I've been itching to try something new and get back into smoking, I may have narrowed my decision down to this - http://greenmountaingrills.com/products/grills/daniel-boone-pellet-grill-wifi/
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    My next grill will be a Traeger wood pellet rig.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • steveinaz
    edited November 2015
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Tony, the wife and I still swear that the best bacon, egg and cheese muffin we have EVER had was cooked in a cast iron skillet over an open wood flame. No matter how many times we have tried to emulate this, nothing has ever come even remotely close. No matter the cooking method. Don't think. Do. Be like Nike.

Tom

Steaks are also killer over a campfire. My Mexican pal only BBQ's over wood. I think because the temps are so high, your meat ends up really juicy. There's nothing like campfire grub.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    steveinaz wrote: »
    My next grill will be a Traeger wood pellet rig.

this is the one you want Steve! they make them up north of my place and I'll own one someday when I retire and want to let the smoker do all the work for me :)

http://www.yodersmokers.com/ys480-pellet-grill.html
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • Libertyc
    Libertyc Posts: 914
    Used many high-end grills, gas and charcoal. The best bang for the buck is the Weber Smokey Joe, but its limited in its size. Honestly I have grilled the best steaks on a old 40+ year old hibachi. Was better than my brothers $3000 grill LOL.
  • steveinaz
    I currently have one those infrared deals, and it's pretty neat--no flare-ups with chicken or pork, but it cooks FAST so you have to adjust for it.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    steveinaz wrote: »
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Tony, the wife and I still swear that the best bacon, egg and cheese muffin we have EVER had was cooked in a cast iron skillet over an open wood flame. No matter how many times we have tried to emulate this, nothing has ever come even remotely close. No matter the cooking method. Don't think. Do. Be like Nike.

Tom

Steaks are also killer over a campfire. My Mexican pal only BBQ's over wood. I think because the temps are so high, your meat ends up really juicy. There's nothing like campfire grub.

Now that's what I'm talkin' about. Wood fired anything even ovens....all the best places for food use them. Italy, Brazil, Mexico...these places know food. One of these days I'll have one in the yard, pizza's/steaks/burgers over an open wood fire. Doesn't get any better than that gents.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    edited June 2017
    i use this custom made offset smoker by rockin' w smokers. insulated firebox 24" x 48" cook chamber.
    http://www.rockinwsmokers.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/rockinWsmokers/
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    Napoleon Prestige 500 natural gas grill with infrared side and rear burners (and rotisserie). Made in North America (Canada).
  • trav0810
    trav0810 Posts: 1,056
    edited June 2017
    I just bought a Pellet Smoker/Grill. One of the best purchases I have ever made.

oq4m4n9xozkv.jpg

jlyn5kbrpue6.jpg

lu1t6ff08b5f.jpg
    The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Sony Playstation 3 for CD and Streaming
    Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
    Carver TFM 42 and 45 Amplifiers
    Polk RTA15TL Speakers w/Decato mods
    White Lightning Moonshine DIY Speaker Cables and Interconnects
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    My grill doesn't have a smoking head but is does get HOT quickly.

I am not a patient person when waiting for charcoal to reach the appropriate temp.

I have a TEC Patio II infra-red grill purchased in 1998. It has two 18,500 BTU ceramic burners. I have refurbished the burners twice. I also have a portable Solaire infrared. The pictures below are stock pictures.

A joint venture between Charbroil and TEC started the infra-red business for Charbroil. Lowe's was the retailer for the first product and the venture failed.

My favorite grilling recipe (pork chops) is from Jacques Pepin which is in the Julia & Jacques Cooking At Home ©1999 book. It requires a hot temperature and one literally times the grilling in two minute segments. A no-fail recipe.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/JuliaChild/recipe/jacques-pepins-grilled-pork-chops-8222689

7ig5amna19o7.jpg

vih5cxl7pz17.jpg
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA