Anyone have any input on the Polk Monitor45B's?

Options
I recently purchased a set of Pioneer Sp-Bs22-LR and I am thinking of returning them for a set of Polk Monitor 45B's. The reason for this is I'm thinking of Bi Amping the speakers if they give better sound.

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options
    Biamping will do nothing. What don't you like about the Pioneers?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,799
    Options
    The reason for this is I'm thinking of Bi Amping the speakers if they give better sound.

First, you would have to know what bi-amping is and is not.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• felipe
    felipe Posts: 423
    Options
    bachmanr wrote: »
    I recently purchased a set of Pioneer Sp-Bs22-LR and I am thinking of returning them for a set of Polk Monitor 45B's. The reason for this is I'm thinking of Bi Amping the speakers if they give better sound.

I've owned the BS-22s and they are good sounding speakers ;). What kind of sound are you looking for? "Better" sound is IMO subjective. If you prefer a more foward agressive sound, then I agree with DSkip and go for the T50s (if you can fit floorstanders). Bi-Amping might bring a "better" sound if it's true bi-amping..from seperate amps not an AVR ;).

My Setup: Denon AVR X3600h, Polk Signature S50 Fronts w/ S30 Center and S15 Rears, LG UBK90 4K Player, TCL 6-Series 65”4k TV

• classic carl
    classic carl Posts: 648
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I'm curious as to what you're planning to use to bi-amp the speakers? BTW, the 45B are not bi-ampable. They only have one set of input jacks.
    Main System:
    Proton AA-1150 ~ Yamaha C-4 ~ Furman Elite-15 DMi ~ Sennheiser HD600 ~ Monitor Audio Silver RS8 & FB210 ~ Martin Logan Dynamo ~ Teac R-919X ~ Marantz CD5003 ~ Squeezebox Classic ~ Music Hall dac25.2 ~ Dual 1229/Acutex M312 III STR ~ Music Hall mmf-5.1/Goldring 1012GX ~ Music Hall Cruise Control 2.0

Home Theater:
    Vizio V585-H11 ~ Yamaha RX-V800 ~ Furman Elite-15 DMi ~ Marantz DV6001 ~ EPI M90 ~ Polk Audio RT35i ~ CS400i ~ (2) Polk Audio PSW450